Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 22, 2012, 06:00 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Im also looking at the foxtech D1 DVR http://www.foxtechfpv.com/mini-d1-qu...der-p-451.html

Only possible problem I can see, is PAL video is 720x576 res, whereas the D1 records 705x576. Anyone run into problems with this? Does it crop PAL video?

Cheers, Sam
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2012, 01:00 AM
Living in the south of France
Joined Aug 2011
442 Posts
Hi, sammyc,
if you look up 2 posts you will see that your first DVR is the same as mine but at
sunsky it's only $54, i still haven't had any answers, maybe they are all asleep,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Your last post with the foxtec i have seen good reports on it but with it installed in the plane.
paulinfrance is offline Find More Posts by paulinfrance
Old May 23, 2012, 01:15 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulinfrance View Post
Hi, sammyc,
if you look up 2 posts you will see that your first DVR is the same as mine but at
sunsky it's only $54, i still haven't had any answers, maybe they are all asleep,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Your last post with the foxtec i have seen good reports on it but with it installed in the plane.
I don't see why you would install on plane, if I wanted to record on board, a $40 HD keychain is the go to.

I have read some pretty good reports on the foxtech D1 recorder, but no one can really answer me about PAL video being shrunken or cropped?
Old May 23, 2012, 05:52 AM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
413 Posts
Hi
I have JAPAN DVR. I want to use it with external power at field. Does anyone use it as I want?

Thanks
Firatp is offline Find More Posts by Firatp
Old May 23, 2012, 06:39 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Im still finding more DVR possibilities
How about this jetview one?
Seems to get a pretty good wrap:
http://www.jetviewcctv.com/product_i...roducts_id=415
Old May 23, 2012, 06:41 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Apr 2011
125 Posts
Sammyc, all(most) of these dvrs were mentioned and reviewed earlier in the thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
Im still finding more DVR possibilities
How about this jetview one?
Seems to get a pretty good wrap:
http://www.jetviewcctv.com/product_i...roducts_id=415
igorek82 is offline Find More Posts by igorek82
Old May 23, 2012, 06:49 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorek82 View Post
Sammyc, all(most) of these dvrs were mentioned and reviewed earlier in the thread...
Yea, but im after current opinions, now there are (or at least could be) new products and new pricing, so this changes the opinions and value. Im after the current opinions
Old May 23, 2012, 09:48 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firatp View Post
Hi
I have JAPAN DVR. I want to use it with external power at field. Does anyone use it as I want?

Thanks
That's easy...just connect it to any 5v input. I used an old brushless motor ESC (just using the BEC part) to step down the 12v ground station battery to 5v for the SD-4 recorder...works fine. Actually I mostly use the internal battery, but have the plug available for external power should I start running the battery down.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old May 24, 2012, 03:34 AM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
That's easy...just connect it to any 5v input. I used an old brushless motor ESC (just using the BEC part) to step down the 12v ground station battery to 5v for the SD-4 recorder...works fine. Actually I mostly use the internal battery, but have the plug available for external power should I start running the battery down.
Thanks Van,
Is the current important? My BEC gives 5V 5amp. I hesitate that over amper will damage can batteries or dvr itself.
Cheers
Old May 24, 2012, 12:55 PM
Wallop!
Bussum, Netherlands
Joined Oct 2009
740 Posts
I'm not Van but the current is a max. value. A stronger BEC will not damage a device that needs less. A weaker BEC than needed could cause a voltage drop or worse, a damaged BEC. But I think the recorder doesn't need more than a few hundreds mA, so any 5V BEC should be ok.

Martin
Martin7182 is offline Find More Posts by Martin7182
Old May 24, 2012, 03:34 PM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin. View Post
I'm not Van but the current is a max. value. A stronger BEC will not damage a device that needs less. A weaker BEC than needed could cause a voltage drop or worse, a damaged BEC. But I think the recorder doesn't need more than a few hundreds mA, so any 5V BEC should be ok.

Martin
Thanks Martin
Then I can use my DVR without batteries.
Cheers
Old May 24, 2012, 04:59 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firatp View Post
Thanks Martin
Then I can use my DVR without batteries.
Cheers
No, your good. Like Martin said...the BEC amp value is what it can support UP TO. Kinda like the speed rating of your car. It can do 'up to' 150mph on the speedometer, but you only need it to drive at 50mph...no issues...
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old May 27, 2012, 02:06 PM
usual old know-it-all
Blackpool,U.K.
Joined May 2005
1,311 Posts
The Foxtech DVR is really good.
heres a sample of my video,recorded groundstaiton DVR using 200mw 5.8 gear, just hovering and testing Naza FC settings on my homemade frame quad.
it was very windy..
watch in 720p

http://youtu.be/jskyLrLOFts
brodjack is offline Find More Posts by brodjack
Old May 28, 2012, 08:12 AM
Living in the south of France
Joined Aug 2011
442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorek82 View Post
A helpful reply, igorek only another 146 pages to read,,,,
as said, maybe since the reply on this thread, there are other products that are as good or better as at more competitive prices, a simple reply would have done,,,,,,,,,,,
paulinfrance is offline Find More Posts by paulinfrance
Old May 28, 2012, 08:19 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Apr 2011
125 Posts
All I meant to say was that a search button would have answered a particular question in 30 seconds or less... Also, searching YouTube with the name of the DVR usually produces a lot of videos recorded with that particular device...
igorek82 is offline Find More Posts by igorek82