HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2012, 02:56 PM
Italia, Lombardia, Milano
Joined Jun 2010
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAREK.SAADE View Post
Hi The Dx shipped the DVR just yesterday so We ahve to wait 7-10 Working days to get it!
cheers
OK, I will wait for your feedback
Tanks a lot
Carlo
carlonb is offline Find More Posts by carlonb
Last edited by carlonb; Jan 20, 2012 at 03:30 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2012, 09:54 AM
The way of being is doing.
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Ravenna
Joined Apr 2009
431 Posts
Hi,
I use in my Groud Station with a TV 21,5" the SD video recorder GDV-101SD to record my FPV flight http://www.jetviewcctv.com/product_r...4&reviews_id=7

Now I'm building a second GS with a smaller TV 15" and it's necessary a second SD recorder. I think to buy a second GDV-101SD... but maybe you can suggest a better recorder ? ..or not
IMEIV is online now Find More Posts by IMEIV
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:41 AM
Joined Jun 2010
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMEIV View Post
Hi,
I use in my Groud Station with a TV 21,5" the SD video recorder GDV-101SD to record my FPV flight http://www.jetviewcctv.com/product_r...4&reviews_id=7

Now I'm building a second GS with a smaller TV 15" and it's necessary a second SD recorder. I think to buy a second GDV-101SD... but maybe you can suggest a better recorder ? ..or not
Hi IMEIV,
How works your SD video recorder GDV-101SD?
What about statics recordings ?
Let me know info please,
Ciao, Carlo
Old Jan 22, 2012, 03:26 AM
The way of being is doing.
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Ravenna
Joined Apr 2009
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlonb View Post
Hi IMEIV,
How works your SD video recorder GDV-101SD?
What about statics recordings ?
Let me know info please,
Ciao, Carlo
Hi Carlo,
I'm quite happy with my GDV-101SD. Obviously I use it for an emergency recording due to its low resolution. I use it as a record in case of Crash to find the model together with GPS Tracker. For quality record registration I use GoPro camera. Something uncomfortable of GDV-101SD is that when remains off for a few days is necessary re-enter date and time.
A plus is that GDV-101SD cost is contained.
IMEIV is online now Find More Posts by IMEIV
Old Jan 24, 2012, 06:05 PM
FPV nut
Sorrento, FL
Joined Nov 2010
703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakchos View Post
Vupoint is far from garbage, i use it and for 14$ its the best investement i have done, no more laptop cary around for me, and the other good recorders are at 200$.. the quality recording gets done by the HD camera and the saftey recording is done by the vupoint.

I am glad that you are happy with the Viewpoint. I would have called it 'satisfactory' if it's only problem was the terrible resolution. I gave up on it when it kept turning off on me after just a few minutes of flying. I now have the FPV Japan and it works flawlessly for recording. The resolution is perfect. I don't like the codec that is used but I have worked around that. I have a vupoint and if you really think it's work $14, send me $14 and you can have it.
traderdmb is offline Find More Posts by traderdmb
Old Jan 25, 2012, 08:39 AM
Joined Nov 2011
59 Posts
Has anyone tried this one from DX?

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/single-...ard-slot-53835
zoom99 is offline Find More Posts by zoom99
Old Jan 25, 2012, 09:20 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by traderdmb View Post
I am glad that you are happy with the Viewpoint. I would have called it 'satisfactory' if it's only problem was the terrible resolution. I gave up on it when it kept turning off on me after just a few minutes of flying. I now have the FPV Japan and it works flawlessly for recording. The resolution is perfect. I don't like the codec that is used but I have worked around that. I have a vupoint and if you really think it's work $14, send me $14 and you can have it.
hi,
do you mean the codec of the FPV Japan recorder?
i use also this recorder, so i´m very interested about your issues and workaround.

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Jan 25, 2012, 09:57 AM
Florida
Joined Mar 2007
826 Posts
I guess the vupoint quality is hit or miss. Mine has been fine so far.
yzguy is offline Find More Posts by yzguy
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2012, 11:53 AM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,125 Posts
Again, the vupoint is 14$ !!!! c'mon what can you find at 14$ that records static ?

I dont really care about the quality of the image, all i want is the GPS coord if i crash, my recording gets done by the GoPro (189.99 $) wich is cheaper than the Japan DVR.

If i had no recorder now and really wanted one, i would go : GoPro + vupoint (204 $)

If i would be rich, then i would get a Japan + Gopro. (+- 400$...)

just my opinion.
bakchos is offline Find More Posts by bakchos
Old Jan 25, 2012, 01:37 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,219 Posts
Again, his problem was
Quote:
Originally Posted by traderdmb View Post
I gave up on it when it kept turning off on me after just a few minutes of flying.
Whether it's $14 or $140, that's unacceptable for a ground recorder.

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2012, 03:31 AM
Registered Crasher
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thint1 View Post
hi,
i use also this recorder, so i´m very interested about your issues and workaround.

cheers Thomas
Bilox is online now Find More Posts by Bilox
Old Jan 26, 2012, 01:09 PM
London-UK
Joined Sep 2007
232 Posts
Dx Mini DVR First Test

Hi Carlo,
I got my Mini DVR Today, It is raining Here in London so I didnt try It out Via fpv, also the Mini dvr has 2.5 mm Jack so I have to wait till tomorrow to get 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm AV adaptor
but I made small Test, By removing the video Jack from the Camera while recording and the camera continues to recod u can see that in Black screen in the Video... So for me this DX's Mini DVR records Video.
Cheers
Tarek
here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfzge...ature=youtu.be
TAREK.SAADE is offline Find More Posts by TAREK.SAADE
Old Jan 27, 2012, 05:52 AM
FPV Noob
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Jun 2011
291 Posts
Quote:
Hi Carlo,
I got my Mini DVR Today, It is raining Here in London so I didnt try It out Via fpv, also the Mini dvr has 2.5 mm Jack so I have to wait till tomorrow to get 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm AV adaptor
but I made small Test, By removing the video Jack from the Camera while recording and the camera continues to recod u can see that in Black screen in the Video... So for me this DX's Mini DVR records Video.
Cheers
Tarek
here is the video:

Hi! When you get your av cable can we see a recorded video from the DVR- so we can see the quality? Thanks -Al
fpsazerbaijan is offline Find More Posts by fpsazerbaijan
Old Jan 27, 2012, 02:33 PM
Joined Jun 2010
146 Posts
Quote:
Hi Carlo,
Cheers
Tarek
here is the video:
Hi Tarek,
This DVR seems good and can record while video signal is lost, I hope to see some FPV video record in order to understand better when connected to video receiver.
Bye, Carlo
Old Jan 29, 2012, 06:55 PM
Registered Abuser
Joined Nov 2010
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thint1 View Post
hi,

cheers Thomas
The codec issue was that his editing program was unable to work with the adpcm audio codec. I and others helped traderdmb figure out a workaround, which consisted of simply converting the audio to another codec without losing video quality.

Also, it seems that Mac users need to convert the xvid file to something that their system will work with.
lostheli is offline Find More Posts by lostheli