HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2009, 05:34 PM
Joined Nov 2009
2 Posts
Discussion
Robbe Blue Arrow XL

Hi there !

Newbie alert !

I have recently bought a Blue Arrow XL (co Axial) and have a lot of fun but a few crashes.

Nothing major, a few blades to be repalced, the skids etc... But on my last one (which didn't appear to be anymore violent than that), if I broke a blade, I faced up a new problem.
When increasing the power on the chopper, it spins to the right. I have trimmed left but to no avail.
Also when trimmed left, I cannot get full power on the blades so it lifts off (It spins so I am holding the tail and get the feel). But if I trim in the center or left and add power then all the thrust is available.
The same goes if trimmed right to begin with, until lift off then I yaw left, the aircraft suddenly loses "lifting power" and drops.

I have had a look at setting the "sensitivity" of the gyro on the receiver but with my very rough changes, haven't managed to correct all that.

My idea is that there is a problem with the speed controller but I have been able to find out anywhere how to reset it (Robbe 400 Speed controller is the only reference I have found).

I am planning to take it back to the shop so they can advise me but in the meantime, I thought one of you you wizards might have the answer.

Thank you and safe flying.

AMEX
AMEX is offline Find More Posts by AMEX
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2009, 07:56 PM
Joined Jan 2009
82 Posts
it could be loads of things, my beat is you have bent a one of the main shafts I don't know your heli so I can't say which one or you may have a motor is on the way out, but it could just as well be the speed controller, you could try swapping the motor's round! or the wires, if it goes to the right with the wires swapped it's the speed controller, it just a process of elimination, if you swap the motors and it goes to the right it's a worn out motor,
also I put the odd drop of oil on my coaxial where one shaft runs though the other,
sorry I can't think of an easy fix
bikemad is offline Find More Posts by bikemad
Old Nov 20, 2009, 09:41 AM
Joined Nov 2009
2 Posts
Thanks for that. I ll try all these things and work from there.

Happy flying
AMEX is offline Find More Posts by AMEX
Old Apr 29, 2011, 01:04 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1 Posts
Unstoppable yawing

Hi,

realise that this post is probably too late to help, but I just had the same problem and after examination of the heli it turned out that the screws holding the lower blade drive gear onto the outer shaft weren't gripping, which allows the lower blades to slip and not produce enough torque to counteract the faster spinning upper blades. Replaced the screws with slightly larger and longer, which grip the shaft more effectively...problem solved. Might be nice if Robbe put a 'flat' on the outer shaft for the screws to grip, but they don't.

Hope this proves helpful to somebody.
dip55 is offline Find More Posts by dip55