SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 19, 2009, 11:40 AM
Mt. Dora, Florida
USA, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Dec 2006
4,040 Posts
Discussion
MaxfordUSA Nieuport-28 33" EP Bipe, any feedback.........

on this plane? I have done a search here on it with very little info on it, which is surprising since it seems to be a very nice looking bipe with an even more attractive price tag of $99.00 for the ARF.

http://www.maxfordusa.com/hm-nieuport-28.aspx
mtdoramike is offline Find More Posts by mtdoramike
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2009, 12:13 PM
Hawaii
Joined Jun 2002
294 Posts
I purchased this plane a few years ago. It had a broken wing out of the box so I lost my motivation to get it going quickly. I noticed reading some threads on this plane that others had the same problem with the wing being broken in the same spot. Probably due to shiping. It was packaged very tight so I did not bother the post office since it was not shipped to the specs for packaging and I would probably not see an reimbersment.
The plane looks well made but my first impressions was that it seems a little over built in the fuse area so it seems a little heavy. There are many other biplanes out there that are built as nice or better. I have seen many of the electrifly biplane and would say they are built just as well and maybe even a little lighter and fly very nice.
Hope this helps you.
Doug
Dugman is offline Find More Posts by Dugman
Old Nov 20, 2009, 01:37 PM
Mt. Dora, Florida
USA, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Dec 2006
4,040 Posts
Hey Doug, yes that does help. I have a Eva Bipe coming from Mountain Models. This will be my first Mountain Models kit build and my first Bipe. I as looking at getting this Bipe as well. It seemed to be a real good deal for $99.00 and to be an ARF to boot. I wouldn't order it from Maxford. I would buy it from Graves RC Hobbies who has a few in stock. That way, I can check the condition of the plane before leaving in the store especially now that you have alerted me to the possibility that there may be a flaw.

Thanks,
Mike
mtdoramike is offline Find More Posts by mtdoramike