|Nov 19, 2009, 09:52 AM|
SMALL 2010-June 3-6, Wrightsville, Arkansas, South of Little Rock-Pictures Added
Pictures of the event have been added starting on page 12 and you can get to them at this link: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...144911&page=12
SMALL 2010 will take place June 3-6, 2010 (Thursday-Sunday) at the FARM Club Field near Wrightsville, Arkansas, south of Little Rock.
SMALL is for RC, Control Line, and Free Flight models of all types powered by electric motors, fuel engines .25 cu in or smaller (CL fuel engines may be larger), rubber, and even hand launch. The field is very large, flat, and open and can easily accommodate all of these types of flying. There will be two nights of indoor electric flying. Here is a link to the SMALL 2009 thread with many pictures: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=996481 . This event received magazine coverage in the October 2009 Flying Models and November 2009 Model Aviation.
A map to the field is at this link:
You can use the "Get Directions" button to get driving directions from your location.
The Google Maps Coordinates given are :+34° 35' 55.71", -92° 12' 39.83"
To use them with my Garmin Nuvi GPS, I had to enter them as :
N 34° 35' 55.7"
W092° 12' 39.8"
Stephen Staples ( email@example.com ) will be event CD.
More info to come. I will put updates in this or the next two posts.
|Nov 19, 2009, 09:53 AM|
SMALL 2010 Lodging
Motels for SMALL
All in Little Rock near the Little Rock Airport--15 minutes from flying field
4301 E Roosevelt Rd
Holiday Inn Express
3121 Bankhead Dr
Holiday Inn Airport Center
3201 Bankhead Dr
Days Inn & Suites
3200 Bankhead Dr
|Nov 19, 2009, 09:54 AM|
Build and Fly at SMALL Event Rules
Here are the provisional rules for the Build and Fly at SMALL Event.
The goal is to have a somewhat organized build and fly event at SMALL. The rules are as follows.
1. The model must be built and flown at SMALL.
2. Entries can be individual or team.
3. Basic material for the model is to be one sheet of depron. We will try to have some 6mm and 3mm there, at least a few sheets. If you are doing a sub micro, bring your own 1mm or thinner material. Bring your own depron if you have it. What we have on hand will be available at the event for the normal street prices.
4. The person or team entering supplies all other components and materials for his model: motor and speed control/engine, batteries, speed control, servos, radios, push rods, tape, adhesives, decorating materials and any other needed hardware.
5. The model may be either electric or fuel powered.
6. Any type of flying model is allowed: R/C, control line, free flight.
7. The model must meet normal criteria for a SMALL model.
8. The person or team entering can bring along any plans or templates that they wish to use, but no airframe parts can be pre-manufactured for the model, except for a plywood motor mount, if desired. No kits or other precut parts allowed!
9. The construction of the model can be started at SMALL any time after this part of the event opens on Friday morning.
10. The model must be ready to fly no later than 5:01 PM on Saturday. Flying the models will be after normal event hours, due to AMA rules on unproven models.
11. Models will be scored 0-10 points in each of the following categories: charisma, originality, flight performance.
12. A team of judges will be selected at the event and all judges decisions are final, and are likely to be flawed in some way.
|Nov 21, 2009, 08:17 AM|
Joined Oct 2004
Thanks to Richard for keeping this thread going. This year is the 20th anniversary of SMALL in Little Rock. This year's event will be 4 days instead of 3. Many people are stepping up to help. Thanks to all.
|Nov 21, 2009, 09:05 PM|
I am going to try to round up a few models that I had at the first SMALL Steps in AR, at the old Pumpkin Patch air strip.
I still have the following models I brought there 20 years ago, I think:
Playtron CAP 21 (will convert to electric from Cox .049
Micro Wedge w/ Cox TD 020 (flown at the last two Smalls)
Shoebox .049 (own design 1/2 A sport model)
1/2A Little Plank
Skydancer (the Larry Renger designed R/C boost glider)
Might be a few more...
Does anyone have any pictures from the first SMALL Steps in AR?
|Nov 21, 2009, 09:13 PM|
Richard Ng and I and some of the guys that come to SMALL have been discussing ways to encourage folks to bring even more of the weird, the odd and the artistic models, in addition to all the cool modern, classic and vintage models that show up. SMALL has some of this flavor already.
I am going to ask my contacts at Lockheed Martin to supply an award for technical innovation in small aircraft to be awarded to a deserving modeler at SMALL next year.
I am going to try to gen up at least one new odd model and one "artistic" model for SMALL in 2010.
|Dec 22, 2009, 10:41 PM|
Joined Jan 2008
I just found this thread am getting stoked already! '09 was my first SMALL and all I have thought about since was getting back there for 2010. I will be bringing mostly Cox powered models with a lecky or two thrown in. My .049 powered Scoundrel prototype should be there as well. Currently finishing a Das Splat Jr w/TD .049, then I will be building another TD .010 plane to take(Haven't made up my mind which one yet). My 20 yr old son, Nick, had so much fun with me last year that he's got a couple of his own planes now and wants to return with me.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Fly-In||SMALL 2009-June 5,6,7, Wrightsville, AR, PICTURES ADDED!!||Richard N||Electric Flight Events||181||Nov 19, 2009 10:01 AM|
|Discussion||Pictures from SMALL 2007, June 1-3, Little Rock, AR||Richard N||Electric Flight Events||19||Jun 17, 2007 02:24 PM|
|Discussion||SMALL 07, June 1,2,3 Little Rock Arkansas||SPEED-E-FLYER||Electric Flight Events||91||Jun 16, 2007 02:26 PM|
|SMALL June 4,5,6 N. Little Rock, AK||SPEED-E-FLYER||Electric Flight Events||2||Mar 18, 2004 09:03 PM|
|SMALL FLY , Little Rock Arkansas||Dave Bowles||Electric Flight Events||0||May 28, 2002 01:11 AM|