HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Papa-Jay, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 06:37 AM
rcdatabase.org supporter
Joined Oct 2009
60 Posts
Discussion
RC Database

RC Database
This is my site, I manage and develop it my self, and the most important it's about radio control!!
I managed to plan this site from last year, up and running since June 2009, after several month to write the script.
Countless man hour spend on the site development, seems it is like a lifetime developments.

OK, this site is a collaborative database for radio control, several vehicle type (rc cars, rc heli, rc airplanes, rc boats) already in it's place with specific classes like buggy, truck, crawler etc for car type vehicle.

In every vehicle, there is pictures, messages, manuals and compatible parts for that vehicle model.
The lastest one is the core of rcdatabase, the compatible parts list, same as vehicle page too, it will have pictures, messages, manuals if any.
Don't you guys think it worth to list every part for vehicle?
Don't you think this will help to choose the correct and reliable parts better.
I might to put vote for each parts, to score recommended upgrade parts.
It's just on my plan.

Several parts category already runs, like rc motor, rc servo, rc tires, and esc.
Here is the link to radio control database:
R/C Database

Since this is a collaborative database, I can't put my self or several guys to fill up this database, this is really big and unlimited, much more than you can imagine, I really need every help from you guys and all rc community to begin the biggest database for radio control.

End of words, may the force be with you

Jimmy
Papa-Jay is offline Find More Posts by Papa-Jay
Last edited by Papa-Jay; Nov 20, 2009 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Update
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2009, 07:08 AM
Joined Feb 2005
81 Posts
Not a bad idea

The idea to create a worldwide RC database is great!

And that’s what I thought when I built such a tool for RC addicts 4 years ago: the first release of www.rc-model-data.com was online on the 1st of June 2006.

Since june 2009, the v2 of the site allows the manufacturers to directly modify their models, and the individuals to create their own website (My Hangar) to share their pictures and videos.

Countless many hours spent during these 4 years of site development seemed not to have been vain: 301 manufacturer’s hangars, more than 3 900 referenced items, almost 15 000 pictures stored.

Go for a ride on http://www.rc-model-data.com/p-hangar-mustang-jm.html to see it by yourself.

Jean-Marc Zuliani
Founder of www.rc-model-data.com
mustang_jmz is offline Find More Posts by mustang_jmz
Old Dec 05, 2009, 08:55 AM
rcdatabase.org supporter
Joined Oct 2009
60 Posts
Wow.. we have same site category.
Great site JMZ, I could learn from you to improve rc database if you don't mind.
Need a lot effort and time to fill your database, how you attract manufacturers to input on your database?
Papa-Jay is offline Find More Posts by Papa-Jay
Old Jun 04, 2012, 04:01 PM
United States, TX, Dripping Springs
Joined May 2012
11 Posts
What happened to either of these sites? Does anyone know of a similar site that still exists? You would think there would be a need for something like this in the RC community.
drippin is offline Find More Posts by drippin