|Nov 18, 2009, 09:30 AM|
Mod the Eflite Celectra for charging batteries
The Eflite Celectra comes with a transformer barely capable of charging four batteries simultaneously at the factory settings. The factory settings also tend to charge the batteries a bit fast for my liking. I prefer then charged at 1C.
Instructions below on how to slow down your charge rate to about 1C to extend the life of your batteries. This mod Voids the warranty. Proceed at your own risk. Use a voltage meter to verify your work.
1. Unplug your charger
2. Remove Battery door cover and with a number 1 philips screw driver remove 6 battery bay screws.
3. Remove the 2 rubber foot pads on the front of the charger exposing the screws. Remove the 2 screws.
4. Carefully separate the base from the top of the charger to expose the pcb, wires and trim pots.
5. Identify the trim pots and note their current setting and that they coincide with their charge port above.
6. With a small flatblade or phillips screwdriver slowly and very carefully turn the trim pots counter clockwise to lower mah.
Some folks have chosen to turn back 2 slots and leave 2 at the factory setting. This allows for slow charge and standard factory set faster charge as options.
Reinsert screws and footpads.
Plug in Charger.
Use a voltage meter to verify your work.
Enjoy a much longer life and safer charge rate of your batteries.
ImagesView all Images in thread
|Nov 18, 2009, 08:58 PM|
United States, MD, Nottingham
Joined Apr 2009
So, any idea on how to check this with a voltmeter? I have one, but I have no idea how to verify my work.
Any help would be appreciated!!
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Sold||Dapter for charging A123 batteries **reduced price again**||stlmaj||Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W)||5||Oct 06, 2009 06:09 PM|
|For Sale||Eflite Celectra LiPo Battery Charger||DavidJ||Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W)||0||Sep 05, 2009 07:36 PM|
|Sold||For Sale Eflite Celectra Charger||fly4fun||Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W)||3||Apr 25, 2007 12:58 PM|
|For Sale||For Sale - Eflite Celectra 1-3 Cells Li-Po Charger||rudyy||Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W)||4||Jun 05, 2006 02:59 PM|
|? on power source for Eflite Celectra Lipo charger||mag1||Batteries and Chargers||5||Jul 15, 2005 07:13 AM|