SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by wuudogg, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 10:30 AM
United States, DC, Washington D.C.
Joined Aug 2002
298 Posts
Mini-HowTo
Mod the Eflite Celectra for charging batteries

The Eflite Celectra comes with a transformer barely capable of charging four batteries simultaneously at the factory settings. The factory settings also tend to charge the batteries a bit fast for my liking. I prefer then charged at 1C.

Instructions below on how to slow down your charge rate to about 1C to extend the life of your batteries. This mod Voids the warranty. Proceed at your own risk. Use a voltage meter to verify your work.

1. Unplug your charger

2. Remove Battery door cover and with a number 1 philips screw driver remove 6 battery bay screws.

3. Remove the 2 rubber foot pads on the front of the charger exposing the screws. Remove the 2 screws.

4. Carefully separate the base from the top of the charger to expose the pcb, wires and trim pots.

5. Identify the trim pots and note their current setting and that they coincide with their charge port above.

6. With a small flatblade or phillips screwdriver slowly and very carefully turn the trim pots counter clockwise to lower mah.

Some folks have chosen to turn back 2 slots and leave 2 at the factory setting. This allows for slow charge and standard factory set faster charge as options.

Reinsert screws and footpads.

Plug in Charger.
Use a voltage meter to verify your work.

Enjoy a much longer life and safer charge rate of your batteries.
wuudogg is online now Find More Posts by wuudogg
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2009, 09:58 PM
United States, MD, Nottingham
Joined Apr 2009
158 Posts
So, any idea on how to check this with a voltmeter? I have one, but I have no idea how to verify my work.
Any help would be appreciated!!
Adam
USCoastiee is offline Find More Posts by USCoastiee
Old Feb 06, 2010, 04:47 PM
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Joined Jun 2005
5,347 Posts
Thanks for posting this wuudog!
Smokescreen38 is offline Find More Posts by Smokescreen38