Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 06, 2010, 11:14 AM
They call me Crash!
Ohio
Joined Jun 2006
1,692 Posts
I agree with Noel. If your setting your plane up to use all those switches
you will be doing more switch flipping than flying.

I use two of the switches and the VR slider on sail planes.
Kaw1000 is offline Find More Posts by Kaw1000
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2010, 12:06 PM
Guz
Gutless wonder
Tempe, AZ
Joined Dec 2005
3,134 Posts
I understand that for this arena (DLG) you shouldn't be trying to use every switch, knob, button.

But!!! This isn't a radio just for DLG. It's for all types of aircraft, heli's, giant scale, experimental, etc. someone might want to use all the buttons, switches, knobs. Or at least a good number of them.

I still say, in my opinion, they didn't think it though. The one that really sticks in my memory is the two Push-Button Switch's at the top close to the center. Trying to reach OVER all the other switches to press it... Or the Auxiliary Dial Knob, why only one? There's a hole for one on the other side? Why not put one in, there are left handed people that fly.

I could go on if I had the Tx in hand. But I wanted to at least voice another opinion and point out something that another person might think "Yea, he has a point.".

I also still feel that ALL radio manufacturers are lacking in some form or another in ergonomic design. Some more than others.
Guz is offline Find More Posts by Guz
Old May 06, 2010, 04:48 PM
Nathan Miller
Peachtree City GA
Joined Apr 2007
131 Posts
Guz,

Sorry, I feel just the opposite - I feel fortunate to live in a society where I have so many good choices of equipment for a hobby.
Truly an embarrassment of riches...
thermal145 is offline Find More Posts by thermal145
Old May 06, 2010, 08:23 PM
Guz
Gutless wonder
Tempe, AZ
Joined Dec 2005
3,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermal145 View Post
Guz,

Sorry, I feel just the opposite - I feel fortunate to live in a society where I have so many good choices of equipment for a hobby.
Truly an embarrassment of riches...
What the

I'm all for choices. Where did I say that I wasn't?

I also in favor of free speech, hence my post of my opinion, and reasons behind them, and other thoughts.
Guz is offline Find More Posts by Guz
Old May 06, 2010, 08:41 PM
Nathan Miller
Peachtree City GA
Joined Apr 2007
131 Posts
Indeed, you're not the only one.
thermal145 is offline Find More Posts by thermal145
Old May 11, 2010, 03:35 PM
G_T
Joined Apr 2009
5,711 Posts
If anyone is interested, I'm planning on parting with my unused SD-10G that came with a 7ch receiver and I'm adding the 10ch to go with it. I'll let it go for $350 + something for shipping. I'm posting it here to let the DLG crowd have first shot at it if anyone wants. PM me if interested.

I'm going to be using the Futaba 8FG this season. Easier to swap planes with Phil that way.

Gerald
G_T is offline Find More Posts by G_T
Old May 11, 2010, 03:53 PM
or F, J, K, or even TD
Joined Jun 2007
2,908 Posts
Why not just get Phil to get a 10G, then you'll both be up to date and swapping programs via e-mail.

Unsolicited advice concluded.

M
FLY F3B is offline Find More Posts by FLY F3B
Old May 11, 2010, 04:01 PM
G_T
Joined Apr 2009
5,711 Posts
He's not interested in changing this season, and he's registered for 35 in Germany. I'm on 2.4... This way he can get a module for 2.4 and my planes are his backups. I also fly with his transmitters some so his are mine. And both being Futabas the programming is similar.

Gerald
Old May 11, 2010, 04:24 PM
Steve Meyer
Mt Pleasant, WI
Joined Jun 2005
1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLY F3B View Post
Why not just get Phil to get a 10G, then you'll both be up to date and swapping programs via e-mail.

Unsolicited advice concluded.

M
What product do I need to do that?

I had the PC Transfer software and cable with the 9303, but not sure how it is done with the SD-10G
SOAR-Steve is offline Find More Posts by SOAR-Steve
Old May 11, 2010, 04:30 PM
Steve Meyer
Mt Pleasant, WI
Joined Jun 2005
1,182 Posts
Rhythm Programming Question

Is there anyway to turn off a Rhythm count once it is started? Besides the obvious of restarting the Rhythm or turning off radio.

One Rhythm I use for practicing, ladder and 2 minute drill, triggered off of the launch switch. I was also thinking of setting up another as a flight mode reminder.

Steve Meyer
Old May 11, 2010, 04:32 PM
or F, J, K, or even TD
Joined Jun 2007
2,908 Posts
Hey Steve, you'll need a PC/usb cable and the driver kit from airtronics to do that. I can probably get one for you...PM me.

Mike
Old May 11, 2010, 04:34 PM
or F, J, K, or even TD
Joined Jun 2007
2,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOAR-Steve View Post
Is there anyway to turn off a Rhythm count once it is started? Besides the obvious of restarting the Rhythm or turning off radio.

One Rhythm I use for practicing, ladder and 2 minute drill, triggered off of the launch switch. I was also thinking of setting up another as a flight mode reminder.

Steve Meyer
Not sure if this works, but have you tried pushing the yes and no keys at the same time. Same as resetting the timer... ?? Let me know if that works. Rhythm timers were what I used to practice spot landings to the clock. Works great.

M
Old May 11, 2010, 05:25 PM
Steve Meyer
Mt Pleasant, WI
Joined Jun 2005
1,182 Posts
No go, Yes and No together resets the Stop Watch.

Tried the Start and Stop as well with no luck.

Any idea what INC and DEC do? INCrement will start the stopwatch, as Start does.
Old May 11, 2010, 05:42 PM
or F, J, K, or even TD
Joined Jun 2007
2,908 Posts
That is increase and decrease..maybe try them together, but I don't think it will stop the rhythm timer. You might have to make a rhythm time with nothing programmed and put that on a top button perhaps, then by pushing that, you might be able to override the first rhythm with the second that has nothing...Just a thought.

M
Old May 12, 2010, 12:56 PM
G_T
Joined Apr 2009
5,711 Posts
FWIW, it looks like the SD-10G is spoken for. Everyone can stop the PM barrage!

TNX!
Gerald