Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfoamy View Post
Very nice! Looks great!
Thanks.

Did you figure it out how the gyro cube comes together. Otherwise look at picture of new gyro board...Notice how each gyro is parallel to the axis it dampens. Gyro cube is put together same way - so that there is a gyro parallel to pitch, yaw and roll axis.

I have made new much smaller gyro boards that will fit inside housing from HK401 to use with the TH board I am getting from Niall. IŽll populate them tomorrow and post some photos then!
JussiH is online now Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2010, 10:33 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,703 Posts
Yep.: "* Type: Counter Rotating Matched Set"
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfoamy View Post
Thanks Jim,

I used your mega link and found the quadroufo site. Here is the link to the props http://www.quadroufo.com/product_inf...0ii6vuajo06fs7

The way I read this, if I buy this I get one CCW and one CW prop? Am I reading this correctly?
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old May 29, 2010, 11:55 PM
Cleveland, Ohio
Joined Jan 2006
209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420RcPilot View Post
Thanks.

Did you figure it out how the gyro cube comes together. Otherwise look at picture of new gyro board...Notice how each gyro is parallel to the axis it dampens. Gyro cube is put together same way - so that there is a gyro parallel to pitch, yaw and roll axis.

I have made new much smaller gyro boards that will fit inside housing from HK401 to use with the TH board I am getting from Niall. IŽll populate them tomorrow and post some photos then!
Sounds good! I am getting the same board so, this will be perfect!
jbfoamy is offline Find More Posts by jbfoamy
Old May 29, 2010, 11:56 PM
Cleveland, Ohio
Joined Jan 2006
209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Yep.: "* Type: Counter Rotating Matched Set"
Cheers,
Jim
Thanks Jim!

I know where to buy now.
jbfoamy is offline Find More Posts by jbfoamy
Old May 30, 2010, 05:11 AM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
945 Posts
Quote:
Reflowing is way cool. I am probably not gonna go that route though...that paste is also very expensive, but perhaps you have a good, cheap source?

But I was wondering if a "crashbang" aproach to soldering the TQFP package could be to use hot air combined with a light coat of normal 60% solder on pads and pins? I was thinking it might offer some of the benefits of reflowing (alignment, primarily).
Yep, I am going to just pre solder the pads and add flux.

Quote:
Thanks for new Quad firmware.

One observation. I have been flying V1 tricopter and 4.1 quad. I use JR X9303 and Ar6100 RX (Spektrum DSM2).

If I turn of transmitter in tricopter V1 software (signal lost) motors just turn of regardless of throttle stick position. If I do this with Quad V4.1 I am seeing very irratical behavior of motors, including going full throttle....

That could potentially lead to situation where quad either just flies up and away and eventually crashes out of control and with all four props going at full RPM....and potentially not only just hitting someone but also carving the flesh out of their bodies.....

I would much prefer in the event of signal lost, that all motors goes to zero throttle and craft just "drops out of the sky". That seems much safer and manageable to me!

So did you build failsafe into the tri software that can explain the difference in behavior? Is this included in new 4.2 quad version?
No, there is no failsafe into any of the software versions. The RX's failsafe would override my failsafe, since they still output a valid PPM signal when signal is lost.

I think you have different failsafe settings on those RX'es

For RX'es without failsafe (the old FM system), counting illegal PPM pulses (less than 1mS or more than 2mS) and have it to shut down if there is more than a certain amount in a given time period, would be possible. But where to set the limit? Having it to shut down and fall out of the sky due to a few glithces is no fun. And having a large limit would cause a long delay before it shuts down and it probably would have hit the ground or mauled one's face already.

People who is concerned about safety should only use a radio link with error checking (FASST, DSM2 and probably some other) and properly set failsafes. They should also use heli program with a trottle cut switch or airplane program with a mixed in throttle cut switch and only turn it off when ready to lift off.

And finally remove the propellers when programming the chip ot testing new set ups.

Quote:
I am not very concerned with loosing signal, though. Mine and other peoples tests with that RX and TX shows that reception is consistant to at least 5-600 meters and I never fly that far away.... for larger craft and FPV ship I would of course use a full range receiver with 1 or 2 satellites. But as they say, "st happens".....
kapteinkuk is offline Find More Posts by kapteinkuk
Old May 30, 2010, 07:31 AM
Joined May 2010
488 Posts
Hi Guys. I have set up a basic home site for the project which is under construction. Please everyone put in your 2c in comments on how you would like to see the site develop.

www.kkmulticopter.com

If anyone would like to help with the step by step guides, that would be great.

Cheers,

Niall
Niall is offline Find More Posts by Niall
Old May 30, 2010, 07:38 AM
Krakow/POLAND
Joined Dec 2009
1,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niall View Post
Hi Guys. I have set up a basic home site for the project which is under construction. Please everyone put in your 2c in comments on how you would like to see the site develop.

www.kkmulticopter.com

Cheers,

Niall

Nice, clean design

Next forum is really needed?
Here is best place to exchange informations IMO...

Jakub
Jakub J is offline Find More Posts by Jakub J
Site Sponsor
Old May 30, 2010, 07:40 AM
Joined May 2010
488 Posts
Noted and fixed. It now links to this thread on RCgroups.

Cheers,

Niall
Old May 30, 2010, 08:05 AM
Joined Jan 2005
413 Posts
Quote:

www.kkmulticopter.com

Cheers,

Niall
I can hardly read the main page. The background is black and the letters are gray. The letters should have more contrast to the background, and if you can, make the background not so dark. It's much more friendlier when it is bright.

Yoram
TigerPilot is offline Find More Posts by TigerPilot
Old May 30, 2010, 08:22 AM
The Drones are Coming!!!
New York, NY
Joined Feb 2010
499 Posts
Quote:

www.kkmulticopter.com

Cheers,

Niall
AWESOME Design!! Love Joomla!!

Good Job on getting this done, the site looks really nice!
cyborgcnc is offline Find More Posts by cyborgcnc
Old May 30, 2010, 08:49 AM
Joined May 2010
488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPilot View Post
I can hardly read the main page. The background is black and the letters are gray. The letters should have more contrast to the background, and if you can, make the background not so dark. It's much more friendlier when it is bright.

Yoram
OK I changed the text to white instead as changing the background and all the images would have been a real mission.

Cheers,

Niall
Old May 30, 2010, 01:22 PM
Aircraft re-kitter
15NM from CYYZ on 06L
Joined Feb 2007
632 Posts
Looking good.

Is it asking too much to have an old version firmware archive and revision notes?

Eric
ergocentric is offline Find More Posts by ergocentric
Old May 30, 2010, 01:34 PM
Joined Jun 2006
54 Posts
Hi to all!!
Where can I get the PCB?
I want to buy one!

Please, let me know!

Thanks!
M.-
monkeyking is offline Find More Posts by monkeyking
Old May 30, 2010, 01:37 PM
Multicopter Addict
Southwest Minnesota
Joined Feb 2010
718 Posts
Looks awesome!!!! Keep up the good work Niall!! Going to be checkin this out alot.
braindead4554 is offline Find More Posts by braindead4554
Old May 30, 2010, 01:48 PM
Joined May 2010
488 Posts
Hehe... I still have some TH PCB left if you need one, PM me.

I will put up a shop in due course where KKmulticopter fans can put up their completed units for sale if they want. Like a classifieds kind of thing.

Please chip in with constructive criticism so we can make this the best multicopter site on the net.

I will work on an old firmware repository.

Cheers,

Niall