HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 09, 2013, 01:24 PM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,694 Posts
^^^^^^ Works well with the original board too. I was flying some aggressive flips and rolls and thought my tri looked a bit crooked. When I landed it was just like his. I was suitably impressed with the power of the FC.
Steveis is offline Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 26, 2013, 12:23 AM
Joined Jun 2009
3 Posts
====================
flugtek is offline Find More Posts by flugtek
Old May 28, 2013, 12:56 AM
India, GJ, Bhavnagar
Joined Jun 2009
137 Posts
I built my first copter- which tricopter config. motors and ESC from http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=26587. (actually i received one faulty ESC in the kit and i thought i should not waste time and I must try something like tricopter). FC board KKmulticontroller V5.5 Controller Board V2.2 from http://www.goodluckbuy.com/kkmultico...adcopter-.html, ZIPPY Compact 1000mAh 3S 35C Lipo Pack battery http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=21389. the frame is custome made MDF lessercut frame with Y config-60 degree between any two arms.Fly sky 6ch. tx-rx. front two arms length is 230mm, tail is 250mm. AUP 480gms. .

Today, I had its maidan flight without any change in settings on FC board pot, not much problem- just yaw was toooooooooo much and then it was crash from about 12-15ft hight.

I need advise how to set the all the gyro gain at this point. unfortunately, i don't have any expert nearby for this advise.
drpiyush is offline Find More Posts by drpiyush
Old Jun 08, 2013, 10:23 AM
India, GJ, Bhavnagar
Joined Jun 2009
137 Posts
I crashed and lost the tri frame and a prop day before yesterday in a wind, I have to wait until new props come from HK.

I changed the plan to xcopter, installed FW V4.7, FW update was sucessful.
Installed FCB on a custom made MDF frame withTurnigy Multistar 30 Amp Multi-rotor Brushless ESC 2-4S , Turnigy 2217 16turn 1050kv 23A Outrunner, ZIPPY Compact 1000mAh 3S 35C Lipo Pack battery and Fly sky 6ch. tx-rx.
The problem started when I tried throtle (offcourse w/o props), motor #4 starts too late, actually after 70% thorttle and cuts just below 50% throttle. I swapped motors to confirm motor+ESC at postion 4 are not malfunctioning. I also checked throttle range- its working normally if check withiout FCB.

What is the cause and solution of the problem?
Old Jun 08, 2013, 01:53 PM
Austria, Stmk., Graz
Joined Sep 2011
455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpiyush View Post
I crashed and lost the tri frame and a prop day before yesterday in a wind, I have to wait until new props come from HK.

I changed the plan to xcopter, installed FW V4.7, FW update was sucessful.
Installed FCB on a custom made MDF frame withTurnigy Multistar 30 Amp Multi-rotor Brushless ESC 2-4S , Turnigy 2217 16turn 1050kv 23A Outrunner, ZIPPY Compact 1000mAh 3S 35C Lipo Pack battery and Fly sky 6ch. tx-rx.
The problem started when I tried throtle (offcourse w/o props), motor #4 starts too late, actually after 70% thorttle and cuts just below 50% throttle. I swapped motors to confirm motor+ESC at postion 4 are not malfunctioning. I also checked throttle range- its working normally if check withiout FCB.

What is the cause and solution of the problem?
Isn't #4 the servo?
Hasi is offline Find More Posts by Hasi
Old Jun 08, 2013, 03:58 PM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,694 Posts
adjust your trim to get m4 working or use this firmware

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1793351
Steveis is offline Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Steveis; Jun 08, 2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old Jun 08, 2013, 11:48 PM
India, GJ, Bhavnagar
Joined Jun 2009
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasi View Post
Isn't #4 the servo?
I changed my copter config, i.e. Xcopter from tricopter. (and the motors and ESCs too- so no servo)
Old Jun 20, 2013, 03:12 AM
Joined Jun 2013
1 Posts
Hello everyone.
I've been trying to make my first quadcopter more or less stabe for.. lets say 6 months now.
Needless to say that i wasnt sucessfull and i need advice.

Parts:
Controller HK Multicopter v3.0
4xESC HK blueseries 12A
4xMotors Turnigy 2730 - 1300Kv
HK-T6A-M2 TX-RX system
Turnigy carbon frame
4x Propellers Slowfly 8045

Firmware: kk multicopter v4.7

can use either 2S or 3S Lipo Battery.

My research shows some things.
kk multicopter v2.0 has gyros and accelerometers.
Propellers might be small
ESC's may not be fit for motors or vice-versa

I tried changing the firmware several times so i discarded that one.

So my question is: What should i look into?
buy stuff that fits?
try to recalibrate?
leave it in a corner? (lol)
Kaezan is offline Find More Posts by Kaezan
Old Jun 21, 2013, 03:45 AM
India, GJ, Bhavnagar
Joined Jun 2009
137 Posts
Quote:

I changed the plan to xcopter, installed FW V4.7, FW ......

....What is the cause and solution of the problem?

I updated suggested firmware.
Quote:
Stevis
It worked, all 4 were spinning at a time. thank you a lot. ........
..........on motors.

Thank s a lot again all for valueable suggestions.

Finally, Yesterday I tried for first time lift the quad. Its a custom made frame. I tried to lowered all the gyro pots to avoid quick responses from the gyros and keep the quad to away from unwanted oscillations. It bring the the FC board into some unknown state. The status LED blinked first, then 3 blinks and then the boards goes into armed state automatically. So arming / disarming was not available during all these attempts. (Today, i discovered that In this position, "only throttle" input was active from TX, no other channel was responding in FC's this status. )

mostly, I believe that today i'll able to set trims on my tx for center settings of all three pots in the FC board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3Qit...mGd63D&index=1
Old Jun 22, 2013, 07:04 AM
India, GJ, Bhavnagar
Joined Jun 2009
137 Posts
Quote:
Willy / John

I suspect my Tx. I'm trying to adjust trims on my quad since morning, I think every time i power off after almost trim set, and if i power on the tx, again found some another motor (either of four) becomes slow- is it possible? or its just my doubt only?
Is it possible tx is faulty- different outputs on different channels? thought it shows normal stick on T6config.exe.
is there any simple way (donot have knowladge to operate oscilloscope nor i have oscilloscope) to find out the tx works normal?
Old Jun 22, 2013, 07:39 AM
India, GJ, Bhavnagar
Joined Jun 2009
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaezan View Post
Hello everyone.
I've been trying to make my first quadcopter more or less stabe for.. lets say 6 months now.
Needless to say that i wasnt successful and i need advice.

Parts:........

..........I tried changing the firmware several times so i discarded that one.

So my question is: What should i look into?
buy stuff that fits?
try to recalibrate?
leave it in a corner? (lol)
you can see i'm yet no flowen my quad sucessfully but still best of my knowledge, seems your electronics is ok, but still you can wait for some expert advise.
I suggest you go through Multicopter Trouble Shooting by Bob Titus and pre-flight check and follow it carefully.
In my experiance, at present i suspect on my tx, yet that tx was working nice with an airplane. You also mention about your tx-rx setup.
I wish explain what exactly your quad responded when you said " it was not sucessful".

with the help of this rcgroups, i strongly believe you will not need to leave it in a corner, but it will need passions.

and last, most useful tip: try to findout expert nearby you. I'm not luckythat much
Old Jun 26, 2013, 05:11 PM
Joined Jun 2013
1 Posts
Help for KK X, please

Hello everyone.
I trying to make my first quadrocopter.
I need advice as your help.

Parts:
Controller KK X Multicopter Black v5.5
4xESC 30A
4xMotors 1200Kv (250W)
4x Propellers 1060

Firmware: kk multicopter v5.5

I calibrated ESC
then i calibrated KK Board
i tested this board without propellers, shows me all super! ... untill

i set the propellers.

When I've used propellers, and the throttle is between 25-40% operate, everything is ok. The controller (X Copter) works as it should in the datasheet. But if I set throttle position about 50% , two motors failed, if i changed this position further to 80-90%, still worked just one motor.

The question is: not sufficient to power? I use now NiMH 4800 mAh 7.2V
I can buy a lipo 11,1V 5000 25C but i dont know, if i can reach a better result.
melalex is offline Find More Posts by melalex
Old Jun 28, 2013, 11:40 AM
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melalex View Post
Hello everyone.
I trying to make my first quadrocopter.
I need advice as your help.

Parts:
Controller KK X Multicopter Black v5.5
4xESC 30A
4xMotors 1200Kv (250W)
4x Propellers 1060

Firmware: kk multicopter v5.5

I calibrated ESC
then i calibrated KK Board
i tested this board without propellers, shows me all super! ... untill

i set the propellers.

When I've used propellers, and the throttle is between 25-40% operate, everything is ok. The controller (X Copter) works as it should in the datasheet. But if I set throttle position about 50% , two motors failed, if i changed this position further to 80-90%, still worked just one motor.

The question is: not sufficient to power? I use now NiMH 4800 mAh 7.2V
I can buy a lipo 11,1V 5000 25C but i dont know, if i can reach a better result.
You must calibrate the esc throttle range first. Easiest method is to plug each esc into rx throttle channel and calibrate according to esc instructions. It may be esc is losing sync with motor. If that is the problem set esc timing to medium if it is set on low.
pug398 is online now Find More Posts by pug398
Old Jun 28, 2013, 08:39 PM
Joined Oct 2012
224 Posts
hello all

I can use Mp6050 replace 3 gyro ENC 03 of board KK ? Need change fimware ?
fantasy1988 is offline Find More Posts by fantasy1988
Old Jul 05, 2013, 05:46 PM
Joined Jul 2010
3 Posts
Wow this hobby evolves so fast and I am still using old type board

Question : I am using firmware V4.7 and the copter only react quickly on one side stick movement only --> left rudder, left aileron, up elevator. I wonder why.
johnygoodbye is offline Find More Posts by johnygoodbye