HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:01 PM
KK Tri Flyer
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Feb 2012
346 Posts
The reference voltage on the KK board is supplied by the LM317 regulator chip. It's about 1.6V on my board IIRC. The voltage does not have to be exact because the KK firmware zeroes the gyro offset each time you raise the throttle above zero.
mattcro is offline Find More Posts by mattcro
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:23 AM
Chilled and served
Sweden
Joined Mar 2005
263 Posts
Aha so the software compensate as well, thatīs good to know.

Ok that was great, then i know what to put out as reference voltage. Thanks!
Henry. is offline Find More Posts by Henry.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 04:21 PM
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
For CNC modelsport:

File a report with the German police, and two weeks later your bearings at home!
Ecureuil is offline Find More Posts by Ecureuil
Old Mar 02, 2013, 04:31 PM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecureuil View Post
For CNC modelsport:

File a report with the German police, and two weeks later your bearings at home!
This is a joke? Is this still a company that sells? They are thief's, crooks.

I made a big report via the European consumer (belgium), they couldn't do anything...

Can you tell me how you did, address of police, etc?

Thanks,
manu
alll is online now Find More Posts by alll
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:52 AM
United States, FL, Venice
Joined Aug 2005
41 Posts
Can't register onto www.kkmulticopter.com

Just bought a quad copter from goodluckbuy.com and the controller board does not arm...

I've tried and tried to register on the web site of Rolf Bakke but it just keep going to a blank page??

Any suggestions?

My email is howieburch1@me.com if you have any thoughts on either arming it or how to register onto the site.

Thanks for any help.

howieb38
howieb38 is offline Find More Posts by howieb38
Old Mar 11, 2013, 01:22 PM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,505 Posts
The Boards you can buy on goodluckbuy use the layout of kapteiKuk but firmware of Minsoo Kim (kkmulticopter.kr). See his manual for the blueboard and do the stick centering according to that instruction.

The kkmulticopter.com is also not from kaptainkuk is is managed from Neill.

Best Christian
LazyZero is online now Find More Posts by LazyZero
Old Apr 03, 2013, 10:15 AM
Joined Nov 2004
84 Posts
Higher Frame rate input

Would there be any issues with in-putting a higher pulse frequency other then the usual 50 Hz that originates from a RX to the servo header pin connection of a flight control board? I have been flying a V2.1 HK board with Tri-Copter 2.9 firmware from Minsoo Kim and have slaved in the Guardian 2D/3D auto leveling feature. I will eventually get a dedicated board for this task but for the time being I've elected to use what I had on hand and I was satisfied with my past experiences with my mini quad and the FY-20A module for auto-leveling.
However, my EagleTree Guardian module is not performing the emergency recovery phase to level state fast enough regardless of my gain settings and staying just shy of oscillations. The module has the feature of user selectable pulse frequency output from 50 Hz - 400 HZ, hence by question can the board's hardware/firmware handle higher pulse on the servo input side vice what is normally generated from a RX? My Tri-copter utilises a digital servo but only my aileron & elevator leads are being fed thru the input side of the guardian module, the tail servo is going as per normal straight to flight control board and thus the board is receiving signal directly from the RX and thus my tempering with pulse rate wont affect tail servo.
Rejean Boucher is offline Find More Posts by Rejean Boucher
Old Apr 03, 2013, 10:35 AM
Chilled and served
Sweden
Joined Mar 2005
263 Posts
In the latest and last firmware V4.7 so was the update frequency from the board raised to 290Hz.

But it all also have to do if the ESC and servo you using could handle that higher frequency.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=73
Old Apr 03, 2013, 11:13 AM
Joined Nov 2004
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry. View Post
In the latest and last firmware V4.7 so was the update frequency from the board raised to 290Hz.

But it all also have to do if the ESC and servo you using could handle that higher frequency.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=73
Thks Henry for your response; I am aware of the output side of the board's frequency pulses to ESC being on the higher end. I currently fly my Tricopter with modified Blheli firmware on my Turnigy Plush 18 Amp Silabs speed controls. I am curious on the input side of our flight control boards were we connect our Elev, Aileron, rudder & throttle leads will the firmware/hardware accept a higher then normal 50 Hz pulse for lets say the aileron & elevator servo command but also at the same time accept a rudder input signal from the RX in the normal 50 Hz range?
Last edited by Rejean Boucher; Apr 03, 2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old Apr 03, 2013, 11:34 AM
Chilled and served
Sweden
Joined Mar 2005
263 Posts
Oh yes i see now that i missed what you meant, was in a little hurry when i wrote that.

That part however i donīt really know, but the only thing i could think of is to actually just try and see. I would quite much doubt that it would destroy anything the only thing that i would guess would happen is that it would just not work.

However i have never tried this myself since i donīt have use of it so take it easy never the less. Otherwise just start a new thread in the right category with this question and im sure you will get an answer from someone that knows to 100%.
Old Apr 03, 2013, 01:21 PM
KK Tri Flyer
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Feb 2012
346 Posts
The input channel pulse widths are measured with interrupts and a hardware timer so they should be able to handle high frame rates. It's not something many people are likely to do, though, so you will have to try it and see how it goes...
mattcro is offline Find More Posts by mattcro
Old Apr 03, 2013, 08:53 PM
Joined Nov 2004
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcro View Post
The input channel pulse widths are measured with interrupts and a hardware timer so they should be able to handle high frame rates. It's not something many people are likely to do, though, so you will have to try it and see how it goes...
I guess I will experiment this weekend with system anchored firmly to the ground (don't like removing props) for the first few minutes prior to going for a test hop.
Old Apr 06, 2013, 10:38 AM
Joined Nov 2004
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejean Boucher View Post
Thks Henry for your response; I am aware of the output side of the board's frequency pulses to ESC being on the higher end. I currently fly my Tricopter with modified Blheli firmware on my Turnigy Plush 18 Amp Silabs speed controls. I am curious on the input side of our flight control boards were we connect our Elev, Aileron, rudder & throttle leads will the firmware/hardware accept a higher then normal 50 Hz pulse for lets say the aileron & elevator servo command but also at the same time accept a rudder input signal from the RX in the normal 50 Hz range?
I've carried out a quick indoors test to confirm if increasing the frequency pulse to 90 Hz on the input side of the flight control board would the system remain functional. The tri-copter performed great, it had a more rock solid feel for level flight and I had to lower the gain slightly on the aileron trim pot. However it did not resolve my tri-copter's slow auto recovery from non level flight to level flight (emergency recovery). Now I think the issue might be because of a feature with firmware 2.9 in non-acro mode that limits the end-point-adjustment (EPA) to 50% on the flight control board and maybe the Guardian module requires full TX EPA to perform an emergency recovery quickly. Have to wait until the weather improves to attempt acro mode which allows 70% EPA.
Old May 09, 2013, 01:19 AM
Joined Mar 2006
81 Posts
Hey guys i'm very impressed a KK2.0 V1.5 board can do this!
KK2 Tricopter Superman Style Test Flight (0 min 57 sec)
edwardjohn is offline Find More Posts by edwardjohn
Old May 09, 2013, 11:43 AM
Chilled and served
Sweden
Joined Mar 2005
263 Posts
Nice, but this thread is about the first KK board.