SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 14, 2012, 12:39 AM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,555 Posts
yes Rolf is KapteinKuk. Check kkflashtool.de for informations about flashing kkboards. Don't miss to read the flashtool manual on the same page.

Christian
LazyZero is offline Find More Posts by LazyZero
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2012, 09:13 AM
Joined Mar 2009
340 Posts
flash tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyZero View Post
yes Rolf is KapteinKuk. Check kkflashtool.de for informations about flashing kkboards. Don't miss to read the flashtool manual on the same page.

Christian
Thanks Christian, I will. try that.

Cheers MIKE.
micarus is offline Find More Posts by micarus
Old Jun 18, 2012, 09:16 PM
United Kingdom, England, Sheffield
Joined Jun 2012
1,516 Posts
struggling

If anyone can help me diag a kk board not arming after a bunch of successful arms and no change in settings, I would be grateful. Vid and details post 870 here
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...540127&page=58

thanks in advance, having a hard time with this.
microrcfiend is offline Find More Posts by microrcfiend
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:07 AM
Studies the wind
United States, CA, Yountville
Joined Nov 2004
1,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microrcfiend View Post
If anyone can help me diag a kk board not arming after a bunch of successful arms and no change in settings, I would be grateful. Vid and details post 870 here
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...540127&page=58

thanks in advance, having a hard time with this.

I have the same problem. Bill
ghoti is offline Find More Posts by ghoti
Old Jun 19, 2012, 07:56 AM
United States, NY, Richmond
Joined Sep 2010
51 Posts
Hi to all
looking for help cannot program my kkmulticopter 5.5 the USBasp is ok.
john 03 is offline Find More Posts by john 03
Old Jun 19, 2012, 09:56 PM
Joined May 2010
334 Posts
greetings,

does QuadControl V4.7 applicable in hk kk ver3.0 (atmega 328PA)?

tyvm
bigbro3760 is offline Find More Posts by bigbro3760
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:11 PM
If it flies, I will crash it
USA, CO, Westminster
Joined Jan 2008
3,022 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem. I am pretty sure it is the same board as V2 with the larger processor installed.

Rob...
mxspode is offline Find More Posts by mxspode
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:38 PM
Joined Jun 2012
24 Posts
HK Multicopter (Hexa Flamewheel) HELP!

I have the HK 2.1 multi rotor control board - similar to the KK multicopter board. I'm transferring the unit to my new hexacopter and just flashed the XXcontrol_KR_X6Copter_v2_5.hex firmware to it. The board will not initialize (tried bringing throttle trim down). When I power up the board the Turnigy 30A brushless ESC's make their normal chimes when plugged in, but just go into a perpetual beep every 2 seconds. I can't seem to find a tutorial on this current firmware that will get me flying...ANYWHERE!

Does anyone have some insight on this? I'm hoping to fly the hexa in "H6" mode...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Will
wkruger is offline Find More Posts by wkruger
Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:39 AM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbro3760 View Post
greetings,

does QuadControl V4.7 applicable in hk kk ver3.0 (atmega 328PA)?

tyvm
Yes it can run the 4.7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkruger View Post
I have the HK 2.1 multi rotor control board - similar to the KK multicopter board. I'm transferring the unit to my new hexacopter and just flashed the XXcontrol_KR_X6Copter_v2_5.hex firmware to it. The board will not initialize (tried bringing throttle trim down). When I power up the board the Turnigy 30A brushless ESC's make their normal chimes when plugged in, but just go into a perpetual beep every 2 seconds. I can't seem to find a tutorial on this current firmware that will get me flying...ANYWHERE!

Does anyone have some insight on this? I'm hoping to fly the hexa in "H6" mode...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Will
You did the stick centering as discriped on http://www.kkmulticopter.kr/index.html?modea=manual ? You tried both methodes to do the stick centering?
LazyZero is offline Find More Posts by LazyZero
Old Jun 21, 2012, 07:22 AM
Netherlands
Joined Feb 2004
442 Posts
Hi There!

Can please someone give me a hand.
I have four V5.5 blackboards. Two worked well, but two don't.
The yaw gyro doesn't do anything. After some extra solder to the yaw gyro board the thirt board also is working now.

Now I have only one board left that doesn't work.
I already put some solder at the gyro board but suddenly a joint from the flight controller instead of the board came loose en broked off!
Damnit. I did it very carefully, but not caefully enough I think.

It's the connections on the flight controller that came off. It connect the YAW gyro board, the most right pin. I can't see at the picture where it go's to.. Well, to the +, but can I solder a small wire somewhere to the board?
I cant see any track on that point..
The solder pad just felt of.

Sorry for my english,
Much thank in advance. I really apreciate it!
Remy is offline Find More Posts by Remy
Last edited by Remy; Jun 21, 2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 03:24 PM
KK Tri Flyer
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Feb 2012
346 Posts
The solder pad that you circled connects to the "via" next to it - the small hole through the board that takes the signal through to the other side, which is solid ground plane.

If that tiny circular pad is still intact, you might be able to carefully scrape the "solder resist" coating off it and expose the copper, then solder a small wire to the gyro pad. If it's gone, then just take a small wire around the edge of the board and solder to the ground plane on the other side.
mattcro is offline Find More Posts by mattcro
Old Jun 22, 2012, 09:19 AM
Flying noob
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Jun 2012
5 Posts
Hello everyone,

I'm new to RC (done some 15 years ago but it was an other world ^^) and i'm bulding this quad :

- Turnigy 1200Kv
- Turnigy 25A ESC
- HK K V3 board
- LiPo 2.2 25-50C
- HK T6A V2 remote control

I'm having issues with both QuadControllerV4.7X and XXcontrol_KR_XCopter_v2_5.

With 4.7 i got the #4 lazy motor problem. I tried to play with trim or to have higher low throttle but it's way not enough, the quad is still not flyable.

So i wanted to try the 2.5 and i'm stuck after calibration : esc sings on calibration but when i set yaw back to normal, they "bip-bip" me like they were not calibrated.

Anyone got advice ?
I'm getting really frustrated and even thinking of quitting...

Also, i got trouble with the ESC : 1 puffed, 2 became weird and seems to ask motor to go both way at the same time. Does this ring a bell to anyone ?

Plz, help a desesperate noob ! )
SUPAD is offline Find More Posts by SUPAD
Old Jun 23, 2012, 06:17 AM
KK Tri Flyer
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Feb 2012
346 Posts
With XXcontrol_KR_XCopter_v2_5 the ESCs are not armed until you arm the KK board, so they will do the bip-bip until you arm the KK board by moving throttle to bottom and rudder full right.
mattcro is offline Find More Posts by mattcro
Old Jun 23, 2012, 01:32 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1 Posts
I have the HK v2.1 controller and 4 30a plush ESCs and motors that match on a 450mm ish frame.

I can get everything to work properly but I am still in the tweaking process. I was under the impression that this type of controller would do auto hover, but I see now that I was mistaken.

I guess I have to "fly" this thing.

I flashed the XXcontrol_KR_XCopter_v2_5.hex FirmWare and did a ground test with no props and everything seems fine, but reading in this forum today I've learned that the V4.7 x from kapteinkuk is easier to fly (or is it V4.5)?

My piloting skills really suck and I've almost exhausted my supply of prop sets. Which is the easiest Firmware to fly?

Thanks,
Michael
Ipyroguy is offline Find More Posts by Ipyroguy
Old Jun 26, 2012, 01:59 AM
Flying noob
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Jun 2012
5 Posts
Damn !
Thanks mattcro, that is impossible to guess, it should be in the manual... :/

I've manage to get a modified version of the 4.7 that correct the lazy motor#4 and now i need to tweak my remote control to get it flying fine.

One question tho : is balance mandatory ? I'm sure it's important, but the 4.7 should correct it no ?

My progress so far :
http://supad2space.tumblr.com/
SUPAD is offline Find More Posts by SUPAD