HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 18, 2011, 03:39 AM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,554 Posts
Sources for 1.7 are closed.
aeroplane Firmware in general is closed.

Christian
LazyZero is online now Find More Posts by LazyZero
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2011, 03:57 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyZero View Post

Christian
Can you tell me where it can be downloaded the 1.7 ?

Thanks

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Nov 18, 2011, 04:11 AM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,554 Posts
I have uploaded the Versions 1.6 - 2.1 to my homepage you can find them here:

http://lazyzero.de/_media/modellbau/...plane_v1_6.zip
http://lazyzero.de/_media/modellbau/...plane_v1_7.zip
http://lazyzero.de/_media/modellbau/...plane_v2_0.zip
http://lazyzero.de/_media/modellbau/...plane_v2_1.zip

Best Christian
LazyZero is online now Find More Posts by LazyZero
Old Nov 18, 2011, 05:13 AM
Joined Aug 2011
35 Posts
Quote:
Does that aeroplane firmware work with HK's Quad Copter control board V2 (Atmega 168PA) ?

Or maybe with older one with Atmega48PA? If not, is it possible to somebody who has access to source to convert it suitable for Atmega48PA ?
ChiKung is offline Find More Posts by ChiKung
Old Nov 18, 2011, 05:19 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,536 Posts
You have a very nice page LazyZero

Actually I got yesterday a cheap USB AVR programmer, and I had to re-invent the wheel ... I see somebody did the same in July ... anyhow, I was using some 1 pin female 2 female jumper, but thanks to your page, I just reconfigure the 8pin 2 8pin cable, for adapt the position ... and it works nice ... and I free my jumpers in this way

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: A aeroplane firmware sound the most simple firmware ... strange nobody did open it up already ...
Old Nov 18, 2011, 05:31 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiKung View Post
Does that aeroplane firmware work with HK's Quad Copter control board V2 (Atmega 168PA) ?

Or maybe with older one with Atmega48PA? If not, is it possible to somebody who has access to source to convert it suitable for Atmega48PA ?
I'm afraid they don't fit inside the Atmega48 ... all these firmware are just a bit over the 4KB ...

If you can find the source code ... it is not difficult to make them slim .. as well is not a big issue to make your own ... I may will do one day ...

I have the HK KK old board too ... the bad thing is that it has only 4 output, and it need soldering for add the 2 missing ...

Tchuss

e_lm_70
Old Nov 18, 2011, 05:42 AM
Joined Aug 2011
35 Posts
Quote:
If you can find the source code ... it is not difficult to make them slim .. as well is not a big issue to make your own ... I may will do one day ...

I have the HK KK old board too ... the bad thing is that it has only 4 output, and it need soldering for add the 2 missing ...
Iv added one sketch in previous page. Im not that familiar with asm, so dont know if it works. The point for that pseudo code is to show a bit different calibration sequence for no-motion calibration.

Ps. The reason for the need for source code is that later I want to add gain control from air speed sensor. Also I would like to add a servo rate limiter for flaps. Those are optional, but I would like to get a working source code for testing.

PPs. avr studio 5 is annoying..
Old Nov 18, 2011, 06:04 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiKung View Post
Iv added one sketch in previous page. Im not that familiar with asm, so dont know if it works. The point for that pseudo code is to show a bit different calibration sequence for no-motion calibration.

Ps. The reason for the need for source code is that later I want to add gain control from air speed sensor. Also I would like to add a servo rate limiter for flaps. Those are optional, but I would like to get a working source code for testing.

PPs. avr studio 5 is annoying..
It is ASM what you posted before ...

I hate ASM ... it is faster start from 0 with C.

From Quad Open Source, you can read how to handle servo in and out , and how to read the Gyro and the Pot .. the Eprom, etc etc. ... All is needed is to add some logic for aeroplane .. it could be done in a weekend of coding, even less ... but not sure I want to do this in any coming weekends

Tchuss

e_lm_70
Old Nov 18, 2011, 06:40 AM
Joined Aug 2011
35 Posts
Yep. I used the V4.0 quad code for that (gyro/servo reversing is not needed while the code must be converted anyway). I guess the main con with asm is the low level code, but that is prolly not the major problem when modifying already working code. Main loop itself seems to be pretty simple.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:35 PM
Fly Like A Thing Posessed!
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Nov 2010
1,777 Posts
Hi all,

Does anyone have good experience with these props?

http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...7&productname=

I'm interested in cost effective alternatives to the APC 10x4.7 slow fly props. My bird is an X-copter with four RC-Timer 2630/13 850kv motors. AUW is 1.4KG if I use my big 4000mAH pack, and that's absolute maximum. I have some GWS 10x4.7 or something slow fly props (just no counter rotating versions so I can't test fly them) and they seem awfully flimsy compared to the APCs, and they do look like the ones on that webpage... I'm concerned that my quad's weight will break them if they're too weak.

Any opinions would be really appreciated.

Rick NR417
NightRunner417 is offline Find More Posts by NightRunner417
Old Nov 18, 2011, 11:15 PM
Украина, Запорожская область, Запорожье
Joined Jun 2011
18 Posts
my motors of DT750 destroy them at high speed. It is very weak propellers .
these will be better:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...3pc_Each_.html
sovit is offline Find More Posts by sovit
Old Nov 19, 2011, 06:03 AM
Joined Aug 2010
16 Posts
Problem with Roll-Gyro

Hello,

Unfortunately there is a problem with my roll-gyro. If it tilts over to the left side, the left motors speed up und work right. But if it tilts over to the right side, there is no reaction of the motors and gyro.

Any idea?

Thank you!

Con
ConWolf is offline Find More Posts by ConWolf
Old Nov 19, 2011, 07:57 AM
Joined Aug 2010
16 Posts
Edit: Flashed with H6Copter V2.3
Blackboard V5.5
ConWolf is offline Find More Posts by ConWolf
Old Nov 19, 2011, 08:06 AM
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Nov 2010
1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConWolf View Post
Edit: Flashed with H6Copter V2.3
Blackboard V5.5
I'm just really getting started with my own quadcopter so I don't know much, but I did have big problems with her at first and they turned out to be firmware related. Maybe try a different firmware?

Rick NR417
Old Nov 19, 2011, 08:08 AM
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Nov 2010
1,777 Posts
Found this on Wikipedia while researching motor tilt angle for quadcopters that have all props spinning the same direction:

Lol I didn't know that such a thing existed, especially that long ago. :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Bothezat_helicopter

Rick NR417