1,570 Posts
What if I don't have the cap anymore ??
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2011, 04:24 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,762 Posts
I would send it back to Minsoo Kim asap.
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old Mar 29, 2011, 04:25 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,349 Posts
Here I am trying to figure out which CAP is missing (thinking capacitor). Ooops...finally saw the tree for the forest. The cover on the gyro is missing. I'll have to check mine. A little hot glue should hurt. I'm not sure what to say about a missing cover though.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 29, 2011, 04:55 PM
Stockholm
Joined Sep 2009
291 Posts
Today when I was going to fly my quad (also from Minsoo Kim) the pitch gyro is not responding. I've got 4,7v, but no response to
Any ideas?
Jodde73 is offline Find More Posts by Jodde73
Old Mar 29, 2011, 05:01 PM
Stockholm
Joined Sep 2009
291 Posts
Fixed it, bad solder joints.
Hmm, don't know if I'm even going to trust it carrying my GoProHD cam.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 05:32 PM
NRW, Germany
Joined Dec 2010
272 Posts
Is it possible, that the KK Board don't like cold wind or something?
I flew 10minutes and after i changed my LiPo i was not able to activate the board (i fly a tricopter so i have to activate/unlock the board).
When i was back in the house, i was able to unlock it. Then i went out to fly another 10min and then locked the board. I tried to unlock it again and the LED stayed dark.

Back in my room it is working fine.
BKMorpheus is offline Find More Posts by BKMorpheus
Old Mar 29, 2011, 05:38 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMorpheus View Post
Is it possible, that the KK Board don't like cold wind or something?
I flew 10minutes and after i changed my LiPo i was not able to activate the board (i fly a tricopter so i have to activate/unlock the board).
When i was back in the house, i was able to unlock it. Then i went out to fly another 10min and then locked the board. I tried to unlock it again and the LED stayed dark.

Back in my room it is working fine.
I find that after a minute of flying if I havent let my quad sit in the ambient air before flying I have to land disarm it and then rearm it again to get it to stop drifitng in the air. It might be a similar thing for you. Try letting the quad sit on the ground for a few minutes before lifting off.
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old Mar 29, 2011, 06:44 PM
Stockholm
Joined Sep 2009
291 Posts
Improvised body, out of lamp connection ceiling covers ($4)
Old Mar 29, 2011, 07:22 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minsoo Kim View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT_nxNeeJK0

Frame Length: 190mm x 4
Motor: FlyCam 1400 x 4
Prop: APC 8x3.8 SF x 2, SFP x 2
ESC: Turnigy Flush 10A x 4
Weight: 400g (Without Batttery)
Recommended Battery: 3000mAh 20C 3Cells Li-Po
Total Weight: 640g (With Batttery)

This is very interesting.
The EPP aircraft landing skid is the role of the wing.
High speed is very stable in a rising or falling.

Minsoo
http://www.kkmulticopter.kr
That looks like fun. Will you be offering a 'kit' version? I've already got a KK board to use. I'd just be looking at the frame parts and possibly motors and escs.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 29, 2011, 07:56 PM
wasaga beach ont canada
Joined Jan 2004
358 Posts
picked both quad & hex blue v 1.5 boards from minsoo. after initial setup on the quad with a jr 9303 spectrum ar 7000 & these escs http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=6458 .( are these escs compatible?) i can get the board to arm but speedos just rapidly beep. tried lowering subtrim & travel adj on throttle but no joy. the manual states to calibrate the escs but doesn,t say wheather it should be done manually or through the controller. i tried both ways & still get rapid beeping on board arming. any ideas? the fact the board arms seems to confirm good channel assignments. it,s actually the manual thats kinda vague on the esc throttle calibration. step 4 says to calibrate ecs throttle & bat type. next is to lower gain pot, power up with throttle full then idle which is effectively reprogramming the throttle calibration through the board this time. when my ecs are calibrated direct through th rx they see both full & idle but when done through the board the second time they don,t see idle for some reason..can the hex board be used with 2.4 spectrum rxs (thought i read somewhere it couldn,t ).any input appreciated...thanks..rob m
rmorhan is offline Find More Posts by rmorhan
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 29, 2011, 09:12 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,349 Posts
Rob,

I'm not familiar with your ESCs, but if the throttle can be manually calibrated I think they should work. I have the KK hex board and use a Spektrum AR500 Rx and have had no issues...short of changing flight modes and I fixed that by increasing my control EPAs. I'm using RCTimer (Hobbywing) ESCs with no issue. By my recall I lowered the YAW gain to minimum, powered up my Tx and put the throttle to full. I then applied power to the KK board, waited and listened for the tones signaling my ESCs were in throttle cal mode. I then dropped my throttle to cutoff and then removed power to the KK board. Of course, do this with the throttle trim all the way down and props removed. When I power the KK back up the ESCs do their normal tones and wait for me to arm the controller then off flying.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 29, 2011, 11:41 PM
Joined Jun 2009
16 Posts
I have the same problem with motors
When is cold outside 5 centigrate my turnigy plus 12A are
beeping only but in room temperature motors start normaly.
I have found solution Try during beeping manually turn propeler of every motor as fast as possible it usually helps me.
I think that cold motor bearings dont move freely /they are cold/
and motor is not able to turn easy and then motor can not produce impulses
for ESC during start procedure.
juka is offline Find More Posts by juka
Old Mar 29, 2011, 11:50 PM
Joined Apr 2008
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
That looks like fun. Will you be offering a 'kit' version? I've already got a KK board to use. I'd just be looking at the frame parts and possibly motors and escs.
Dear Sir
we are going to release the fun fly set without the controller board.
I think that it is the best combination.

Thanks
Minsoo
Minsoo Kim is offline Find More Posts by Minsoo Kim
Old Mar 29, 2011, 11:59 PM
Joined Apr 2008
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcimports View Post
Minsoo, or anybody..

Got the KR Blueboard a while back and have been flying with it for a while.

However today I got some funny "glitches" and noticed that cap on the pitch gyro is gone No crashes or anything?

Is that fixible??

Cheers
Dion
Hi, I will post the video for the method of replacement

Thanks
Minsoo
Old Mar 30, 2011, 12:28 AM
Joined Apr 2008
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Here I am trying to figure out which CAP is missing (thinking capacitor). Ooops...finally saw the tree for the forest. The cover on the gyro is missing. I'll have to check mine. A little hot glue should hurt. I'm not sure what to say about a missing cover though.
The hot glue is very useful.