HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 05, 2010, 03:52 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
JUERGEN_'s Avatar
Deutschland
Joined Nov 2009
660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk View Post
looks promising

I have dropped the idea of using airduno hardware, jrgen
There are plenty of ideas.

for example. AEROQUAD = (AERODUINO)
But the CPU has no reserves


but this. . . - http://www.chip45.com/AVR-Xmega-Micr...e64c6b85016839



jrgen
JUERGEN_ is offline Find More Posts by JUERGEN_
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2010, 03:55 PM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niall View Post
Hi Guys. I have just read the entire thread... Eish.. I am inspired.

I was checking out cheap Gyros and came across this: e-tech G105 for $1.95 inc shipping. Do you reckon they would work?


http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html
The seller missed the . ?
alll is offline Find More Posts by alll
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2010, 04:04 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,523 Posts
OK. If you order 1 or 2 it seems to go through OK. I did orders of two "several" times to make sure it worked... We'll see. Hopefully they won't be full of sawdust
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niall View Post
Hi Guys. I have just read the entire thread... Eish.. I am inspired.
I was checking out cheap Gyros and came across this: e-tech G105 for $1.95 inc shipping. Do you reckon they would work?
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2010, 04:09 PM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420RcPilot View Post
Got one built now........2-side with ISP.

My programmer hasnt arrived yet..., so Ive been going over Shematics for simple LPT-programmers, but now I am seriously confused.

I found three different ways of connecting mosi, sck and rst lines. Only ones that seems consistent is miso which always seem to be connected to LPT pin10 and GND always seem to be pin 25.....the other ones are all over the place.

Anyone got a confirmed working shcematic for connecting ISP to LPT port?

Thanks

Jussi
Jussi,

Did not had much time to progress. Made some other toner transfer test and now i found good paper , the proper heat and pressure. The result is perfect!

Now the etching..., we will see...
I further completed my component list, still missing some...

I am still confused where to find the latest board layout with their matching components, and the correct software version...

Could you provide the link to the latest PCB layouts (pdf) and their corresponding components.

Thank You
ManuLRK
alll is offline Find More Posts by alll
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2010, 04:09 PM
That tree again!!!!
thanhTran's Avatar
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Rats! Looks like they don't ship to Texas. Anyone else have any luck?
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
I just ordered one. I tried to add 3 to shopping cart, and the site says it doens't ship to US. When I reduced to 2 gyros, it went through. The site says that the seller only receives payment after we, the buyer, confirm we have received the goods. Let's see how it goes. Would be a great inexpensive gyro source if it works

-Thanh
thanhTran is offline Find More Posts by thanhTran
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2010, 04:11 PM
That tree again!!!!
thanhTran's Avatar
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk View Post
The ESC is losing track of the motor rotation position. Can happen with rapid throttle changes. Try other timing settings.
This has not happened with my quad. Might have something to do with different motor and propellers.
Thanks Kaptein. Looks like i have a handful of things to try out

Thanh
thanhTran is offline Find More Posts by thanhTran
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2010, 04:11 PM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
JussiH's Avatar
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
Thanks guys...

The programmer I ordered is the USBtinyISP, It has both 10-pin and 6 pin- ISP...

I was planning to use Ponyprog or AVRstudio to program the AVR. Lets see if that programmer does not show up one of these days....
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old May 05, 2010, 04:22 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,523 Posts
Hmmm, My Paypal payments have all gone through and confirmed...so that part isn't true...Kinda like Las Vegas here I think...
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanhTran View Post
I just ordered one. I tried to add 3 to shopping cart, and the site says it doens't ship to US. When I reduced to 2 gyros, it went through. The site says that the seller only receives payment after we, the buyer, confirm we have received the goods. Let's see how it goes. Would be a great inexpensive gyro source if it works
-Thanh
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2010, 04:26 PM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
JussiH's Avatar
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alll View Post
Jussi,

Did not had much time to progress. Made some other toner transfer test and now i found good paper , the proper heat and pressure. The result is perfect!

Now the etching..., we will see...
I further completed my component list, still missing some...

I am still confused where to find the latest board layout with their matching components, and the correct software version...

Could you provide the link to the latest PCB layouts (pdf) and their corresponding components.

Thank You
ManuLRK

Manu, that looks much better that your first try That should etch nicely.

I used the components specified by KK in first post:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1143569

PCBs are here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=657

Regarding components the only really important thing would be to get tantal caps with 2,54 mm pin distance. Trimmers are 6 mm with 5.08*2.54 mm pin spacing.

I havent made that list yet. Ill do it shortly. Been waiting for the kaptein to update the list in post 1 to include the new cap values...
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old May 05, 2010, 05:11 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2010
488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
OK. If you order 1 or 2 it seems to go through OK. I did orders of two "several" times to make sure it worked... We'll see. Hopefully they won't be full of sawdust
Cheers,
Jim
I think Aliexpress has an escrow facility which ensures the supplier only gets paid on delivery of the goods to you. There are a load of components available through them as they have an extensive network through alibaba.com . Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

Niall
Niall is offline Find More Posts by Niall
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2010, 05:47 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2009
1,369 Posts
Hello,

I only have USB outputs on my PC and laptop. Can anyone tell me if this programmer will do the job for programming the Atmega48?

Thanks KapteinKuk for such an easy to build and simple quadcopter controller!
patricklupo is online now Find More Posts by patricklupo
Last edited by patricklupo; May 05, 2010 at 07:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2010, 05:52 PM
Went to mow a meadow
frank48's Avatar
Joined Feb 2007
1,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niall View Post
Hi Guys. I have just read the entire thread... Eish.. I am inspired.

I was checking out cheap Gyros and came across this: e-tech G105 for $1.95 inc shipping. Do you reckon they would work?


http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html
I reckon the seller just realised he missed the decimal point .......

G105 Digital Head Lock Gyro for RC Helicopter 3D Flying
Unit Price: US $17.88 - 19.87
frank48 is offline Find More Posts by frank48
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2010, 06:12 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2010
488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank48 View Post
I reckon the seller just realised he missed the decimal point .......

G105 Digital Head Lock Gyro for RC Helicopter 3D Flying
Unit Price: US $17.88 - 19.87
What a mistakea to makea!
Niall is offline Find More Posts by Niall
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2010, 07:03 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Quad looping, backflip, inverted, roll and ofcourse crashing :) (2 min 48 sec)


The fast backward flipping speed is caused by pitch gyro ADC saturation. The other directions where 'normal'. It is easy to fix, increase the VREF a bit.

kapteinkuk is offline Find More Posts by kapteinkuk
Reply With Quote
Old May 06, 2010, 02:43 AM
That tree again!!!!
thanhTran's Avatar
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk View Post
The ESC is losing track of the motor rotation position. Can happen with rapid throttle changes. Try other timing settings.
This has not happened with my quad. Might have something to do with different motor and propellers.
I replaced the motors (Tower Pro 2408) with Tower Pro 2410 (890kv) and now the set up doesn't whistle any more. I didn't change timing (still has medium timing) from previous set up.

One thing I notice is that after while the quad is hovering steady in the air at some altitude (1m for example), sometimes throttle to 4 motors goes up a little briefly and then go back to normal (kind of like a hiccup). My quad is pretty stable now, I can hover in the living room with no problem (even hand off for 5 6 seconds before it starts drifting away . I'm thinking about going out and fly tomorrow, but I'm nervous about keeping orientation. Need to borrow your chicken Kaptein!!!

The Turnigy ESC and the low Kv motor really do make difference for my set up.

-Thanh
thanhTran is offline Find More Posts by thanhTran
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Quadrotor brushless controller airbotix Multirotor Talk 63 Aug 06, 2010 11:15 AM
Discussion ALPO -Aerobatic Low Parts count Original design. Brian Courtice Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 8 Sep 21, 2009 03:57 AM
Discussion Any tips for my first flight with a low wing plane? Warthog_Fan Fuel Plane Talk 4 Sep 06, 2009 07:53 AM
Help! Need help with Low-cost QuadRotor Hero.sl Coaxial Helicopters 5 Jun 28, 2009 02:26 AM
Question Searching Simple Controller for Free Flight flymax Power Systems 8 Jan 07, 2006 10:07 AM