Old May 03, 2010, 11:37 AM
Multicopter Addict
Southwest Minnesota
Joined Feb 2010
718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowie View Post
Kaptian,

Could you give a wright and fully explanation for setting the fuses.
I have AVRstudio now and It's an ATmega 88.I treying to setv the fuses for a while now,but It won't work and I am sure that the hardwere is correct

Thanks Lowie
Look back at the first page again. Kaptian has listed the settings for the fuses, what should be checked and whats not checked.
braindead4554 is offline Find More Posts by braindead4554
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2010, 11:38 AM
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STitch_mimulus View Post

guys i have no idea i buildet a normal at mega 48-20pu version with normal v4.1 prog

murata 03 thingis all what work is throttle and one adjust "poti"

watch by yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klulJZ6_f8A

im getting crazy

please could someone build a funktional one for me ?

i send him any parts for it if someone would do for me (and some money)

maybe teh fuses are set wrong dunno only channel for throttle works

gyros are ok i tested them (and they are brand new)

ps.
im from germany , i will pay 40 dollar + send all parts needet for building it if someone do
The update rate for the motor channels is too fast to test with a standard servo. You may be getting false readings.
pug398 is offline Find More Posts by pug398
Old May 03, 2010, 11:47 AM
Joined Apr 2010
17 Posts
what shall the atmel read of the speed controller o.o?

i have recognized sometimes if i change teh resistor in a otehr positio on of teh gyros works with one servo o.o :~

getting confused and to bad taht i cant get on camera

maybe does someone build one for me ? pwwwleeaasssee >.<

im begging you guy´s
STitch_mimulus is offline Find More Posts by STitch_mimulus
Old May 03, 2010, 11:49 AM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pug398 View Post
I had mine mounted with double sided tape also. I have very slight oscillations. I switched to velcro pads because I was switching out three different boards. Still have the slight hunting every now and then. I lessened the dampening of the low pass filter on gyro which increased oscillations so next I will try increasing the dampening (lowering cutoff freq) to see what happens. My motor spacing is 56cm, 750kv, 10" prop. My props are a little chewed up once again so not going to make any changes until I replace them and see what happens. The indoor flying is tough on the quad and the shop equipment.
Thanks for the info Pug! Looks like my quad has similar dimension to yours. (I'm using one of the aluminum U bar from Lowes to build my frame.) One of my props are also chewed because it hit some stuff inside the house
My gyro filtering is using 2 caps .47 + .22 paralleled together so that should be similar to Kaptein's schematic. I didn't try to increase the value of the cap (lower frequency) yet. My gyros are double sided taped on to the PCB, and the PCB is double sided taped down to the frame. I'm wondering if changing the motor to lower kv (890) with bigger prop would help?

Thanks

-Thanh
thanhTran is offline Find More Posts by thanhTran
Old May 03, 2010, 11:51 AM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pug398 View Post
The update rate for the motor channels is too fast to test with a standard servo. You may be getting false readings.
When I was testing V4 firmware with servos, the servos got hot very quickly. The update was too fast, especially when moving the gyro around.
Old May 03, 2010, 11:53 AM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
I strongly suggest that you not use Velcro or foam tape to mount your gyros. They have a tough enough job to do. Securely mount them to your board using either silicone or hot melt glue or liquid nails, or Gorilla Glue so there is no chance of movement at all.
Cheers,
Jim
Thanks Jim!
I'll try hot glue them to the board and the frame to see if it's improved.

-Thanh
Old May 03, 2010, 11:57 AM
Joined Apr 2010
17 Posts
oh and the power led doesnt work like kuk said :/
Old May 03, 2010, 12:01 PM
Joined Apr 2010
17 Posts
i think i found something I USED v1/v2 (of kuks plan) wired gyro´s there where two caps 1 x 100uf 16v and 33uf 16v

maybe thats teh problem?
Old May 03, 2010, 01:09 PM
Joined Apr 2010
17 Posts
ok that wasnt the problem still same malfunktion D:
damn D:
Old May 03, 2010, 01:11 PM
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,628 Posts
which schematic version did you wire your board by and what software version are you running?
Old May 03, 2010, 01:17 PM
Joined Apr 2010
17 Posts
i wired that picture in the v4 file (same as v4.1 ) and i followed photos of his board (including watching datasheet of teh atmel)
Old May 03, 2010, 01:23 PM
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,628 Posts
Ok v4 board and v4.1 software. The LED will flicker briefly on applying power and if gyro signal is stable and throttle is off (trim off also) the LED should light steady indicating the board is armed and ready to fly. Set the pots all to center to test initialy.

Did you build your own gyro boards?
Old May 03, 2010, 01:27 PM
Joined Apr 2010
17 Posts
yes because i have "legged" murata enc-03

and yes i keept an eye that these boards anyone is using teh parts on them are includet on mine

and that waht you say is not happening if i turn power und teh led starts flashing shortly teh the servos make noises teh silence if i move the stick something happens with the servos thats all
Old May 03, 2010, 01:29 PM
Joined Apr 2010
17 Posts
i still offer to someone 40 dollar if maybe someone build on for me or finish/solve my problem
Old May 03, 2010, 01:33 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanhTran View Post
I have an oscillation with my quad using V4. The oscillation (hunting) happens on roll & pitch at different motors' RPM. If I hold the quad with 1 hand, it will hunt on either pitch or roll at some certain RPM. During the hunting, if I hold the quad with my other hand, the hunting stops.

I suspect I have vibration problem. I'm wondering if it's really a vibration issue? And I'm also wondering how do you, who have your quad flying, mount the circuit board & gyro to the frame? Do you put them on some kind of foam? or just double sided tape? I have double sided tape (about 1/16" (1.5mm) thick)

My motor is still running at 1400kv, the prop is 8x4.5

Thanks guys

-Thanh

The gyros must be firmly mounted to the board. I glue them on with hotglue.

The board is mounted on the frame with four 1x1cm double sided foam tape, 3 layers, about 4mm thick total.
kapteinkuk is offline Find More Posts by kapteinkuk