HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2011, 03:03 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,671 Posts
For 500 US you can get a JR X9503. A DX7 should only set you back max 300 dollars

There is also the DX6i @ cirka 125-150 USD

The Barnfloor is where I got my X9303 . (Tip: Login before checking prices) Their service is great!

http://thebarnfloor.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=139_140
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2011, 04:12 AM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegroove View Post
I just had to get out flying again and couldn't wait for my new props to arrive so gave it a try anyway. It seems to work fine and only needed a click of trim over the standard props. Only annoying thing is that it now starts to roll a little bit when I yaw, but I can see it happening and correct it without problems. 2 weeks and I should have a big batch of new props to start smashing again.
Sounds great! I'm surprise that you didn't have to add a lot of trim. Well, it's a good thing to know. Maybe you see it rolls a bit when you yaw because you're flying in X mode.
thanhTran is offline Find More Posts by thanhTran
Old Jan 05, 2011, 05:55 AM
Joined Mar 2009
67 Posts
Hello,

I am having a strange problem with my quad, I am using Mike's program and after 5-6 min flying the quad tips foward really fast and then returns to level. This happens at random , the only constant is it seems to be when the quad is hovering.

I have tried changing the esc and motors, checked the board but am unable to find anything, it happens so fast I feel it is signal glitch.

Any ideas before I change the gyros?

thanks
micktol is offline Find More Posts by micktol
Old Jan 05, 2011, 06:21 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcne View Post
I am on the last stage of assembling the Sexycopter v2 - but being a complete novice to flying these things, I need some professional help.

I am building the Sexy for aerial photography and plan to build a gimbal like PhotoshipOne. What type of remote control do I buy?? - I am thinking of the Spectrum DX7, but paying 500 US§ make me nervous. Could use your advice.
Turnigy 9x - 8 channels. Around $55 from Hobbyking. Beats the Spektrum DX6i by a long shot. Not the most user-friendly interface but it works. Replace the battery holder. Lots of info on this remote on rcmodelreviews.com.
OpticalFlow is offline Find More Posts by OpticalFlow
Old Jan 05, 2011, 06:22 AM
Go ahead... Build it to crash!
Conroe, TX
Joined Apr 2007
2,638 Posts
I just got my DX7 this week here. $179.99 + $9 s&h
I am in no way affiliated with them.

http://www.bigskyhobby.com/Radio-Sys...rum-p3361.html
Fuegodeth is offline Find More Posts by Fuegodeth
Old Jan 05, 2011, 06:47 AM
http://drone-pilot.blogspot.fr
Rhone Alps, France
Joined Aug 2008
2,540 Posts
I would seriously avoid spektrum/JR if you're ever thinking about doing FPV. I know that you're building a multicopter now, but if in future you want to fly planes in FPV, then something by Futaba or even the cheap Hobbyking thing is the way to go. Just a thought worth considering before you splash out on a DX7. I also think that the Spektrum DSM2 is one of the weakest 2.4GHz systems around as it doesn't do proper frequency hopping and only uses a tiny portion of the spectrum so is easily swamped by other devices like video transmitters.
lovegroove is offline Find More Posts by lovegroove
Old Jan 05, 2011, 08:46 AM
Joined May 2010
488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by micktol View Post
Hello,

I am having a strange problem with my quad, I am using Mike's program and after 5-6 min flying the quad tips foward really fast and then returns to level. This happens at random , the only constant is it seems to be when the quad is hovering.

I have tried changing the esc and motors, checked the board but am unable to find anything, it happens so fast I feel it is signal glitch.

Any ideas before I change the gyros?

thanks
Try a different battery before you change the gyros.
Niall is offline Find More Posts by Niall
Old Jan 05, 2011, 09:15 AM
Joined Mar 2009
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niall View Post
Try a different battery before you change the gyros.
Thanks Niall,

I think I have found the problem: I have a futaba 8fg and was using high speed mode with R6008HS receiver. I changed this for 1 of the clones and left it in normal mode. I flew 4 batteries and the problem did not occur.

so it may be high speed mode or the futaba receiver, will try it when the rain stops

ps I did lots of other things, ie changed the aerial positions, moved the receiver, etc so may never know
micktol is offline Find More Posts by micktol
Old Jan 05, 2011, 09:22 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
What grounds do you base this on, do you have experience with both? Futaba can assign all channels for trainer if you want head tracking, granted. What else?

If you actually mean 2.4 versus 72Mhz or 35Mhz then yes, don't go 2.4.

I use the JR PCM9XII (9303) on 35Mhz and 9 channels to Dragonlink, zero issues..

Quote:
I would seriously avoid spektrum/JR if you're ever thinking about doing FPV. I know that you're building a multicopter now, but if in future you want to fly planes in FPV, then something by Futaba or even the cheap Hobbyking thing is the way to go. Just a thought worth considering before you splash out on a DX7. I also think that the Spektrum DSM2 is one of the weakest 2.4GHz systems around as it doesn't do proper frequency hopping and only uses a tiny portion of the spectrum so is easily swamped by other devices like video transmitters.
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old Jan 05, 2011, 09:45 AM
Joined Apr 2008
269 Posts
New version - kkMultiCopter Blueboard(Atmega168)

This kkMultiCopter Controller is based on Rolf R Bakke's original PCB.
This is modified firmware (XXcontroller_KR) is based on Mike Barton's XXcontroller software.

Many parts can be modified and I have tested everything as a building of Tri, Quad, QuadX, Hex and Y6.

Version: XXcontroller_KR_v1.0

- Used XXcontrol v1.0i
- Optimized for Korean Blue Board(Atmega168-20AU, www.kkmulticopter.kr)
- Arming Time 0.5sec and changed to Right-Side Arming
- User Delay Procedure
- Delay Stick Centering for Receiver Binding
- Calibrate gyro when Thr: Low, Elevator: Down, Rudder: Left
- Normal, Acro, UFO mode change by transmitter
- Source code changed at Tri
- Servo Noise Filter at Tri
- Motor Number changed at Y6
- Tested for Tri, Quad, QuadX, Hex, Y6

http://www.kkmulticopter.kr
Minsoo Kim is offline Find More Posts by Minsoo Kim
Last edited by Minsoo Kim; Jan 05, 2011 at 11:16 AM.
Old Jan 05, 2011, 09:56 AM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Oct 2010
17 Posts
Quote:
Oh NO.... It's been debated for the past years, and nobody win or lose ..
Hope you're joking about the Cheap Hobbyking is better than JR or Spectrum.
Btw. I have a brooklyn bridge to sell.
sykochin is offline Find More Posts by sykochin
Old Jan 05, 2011, 11:08 AM
Dade City, FL
Joined Dec 2010
38 Posts
I do not know if this was already posted, but i just spotted that Seeedstudio is selling the KK Board
patrickmccb is offline Find More Posts by patrickmccb
Old Jan 05, 2011, 11:14 AM
Joined May 2010
488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickmccb View Post
I do not know if this was already posted, but i just spotted that Seeedstudio is selling the KK Board
Yep, they are stocking boards and selling them for www.kkmulticopter.com . I thought it would be a good idea to have someone in Asia catering to that region to speed up delivery times.

I will have similar agreements with guys in other regions. The price will be about the same as the Korean board, the only difference is that all Blackboards will have a portion of the sale price put aside for KapteinKUK.

I have finally cleared the UK bound boards from customs today, and am expecting delivery tomorrow, but please feel free to purchase from Seeedstudio also.

Cheers,

Niall
Niall is offline Find More Posts by Niall
Old Jan 05, 2011, 11:19 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,107 Posts
Can someone please tell me the difference between the Blue Board above and the new Black board? Thank you
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 05, 2011, 11:23 AM
Krakow/POLAND
Joined Dec 2009
1,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
Can someone please tell me the difference between the Blue Board above and the new Black board? Thank you
Colour? Black is for real hardcore pilots

J.
Jakub J is offline Find More Posts by Jakub J
Site Sponsor