HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 02, 2010, 05:04 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quaddynamics View Post
hello kapteinkuk,

the function of tricopter is seems to be same as ccp helicopter, instead of motors if we connect the servos it will be a ccp , i have tried with my mini titan heli , but the ppm frequency is 170Hz does not match for servos , so the same board can also be used for collective pitch helicopter stabilization ,

i connected the motors pins of the tricopter with respect to the servos of the ccp heli (mini titan)

connections :

motor left ---> left servo
motor right--->right servo
motor tail ---->elevator servo
tail servo------> tail servo

response:

motor tail ----> elevator servo was reversed
motor right---->right servo was reversed

if it is fixed through code , the same board can be used for ccp helicopter stabilization ,

thanks
ras
I will keep to multicopters only, but maybe others will do the changes to make a flybarless system.
kapteinkuk is offline Find More Posts by kapteinkuk
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2010, 05:37 PM
Brasil
Joined Mar 2004
141 Posts
I have a question:

When you tilt quad forward forward motor should speed up.
And when you tilt quad backward reward motor speed up too?

Same as left and right.

When tilt quad to the left, left motor should speed up.
And when you tilt quad to the right, right motor speed up too?

Or only the front and left motor receive control from the cpu?
FAST is offline Find More Posts by FAST
Old May 02, 2010, 06:02 PM
Australia, VIC, Narre Warren
Joined Apr 2010
229 Posts
Just a quick update,

I have spoken to rolf and he is ok with me getting a small batch of his smd PCB design made up though seeedstudio as a prototype to see how they run,

Hopefully if all works out ok after i have sent some to rolf there will be a few left over and possibly even a few available for sale though seeed.

I will update once i know more.

Scorpia
Scorpia is offline Find More Posts by Scorpia
Old May 02, 2010, 06:10 PM
CNC Guitar
New York, NY
Joined Feb 2010
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAST View Post
I have a question:

When you tilt quad forward forward motor should speed up.
And when you tilt quad backward reward motor speed up too?

Same as left and right.

When tilt quad to the left, left motor should speed up.
And when you tilt quad to the right, right motor speed up too?

Or only the front and left motor receive control from the cpu?
Yes,

When you tilt forward, the forward motor should speed up, and so on for back, left and right....

Now, with that said, if you have setup the quad correctly, do this:

-Hold the quad over your head, and gently apply power to it, enough that you can feel it getting "light..."
-Try to move or tilt the quad to the left, right, front back....the quad should try to "resist" that movement....that is a good sign that the gyros are doing their job...
-Same for moving the sticks front, back, left, right...the quad should try and move in those directions.
-If it moves in the OPPOSITE direction, reverse your channel!
-If when you tilt, WITHOUT any stick command, instead of resisting, it tries to go in that direction, you have the axis of the gyros wrong, and you need to position them correctly...(or maybe use the new reverse feature in the latest code....)

Hope this helps you..
cyborgcnc is offline Find More Posts by cyborgcnc
Old May 02, 2010, 06:13 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420RcPilot View Post

Kaptein - you changed some Capacitor values in your new SMD-design. I am guessing that those values also works for TH design?

Thanks

Jussi
Yes, that is correct.
kapteinkuk is offline Find More Posts by kapteinkuk
Old May 02, 2010, 07:59 PM
Joined Apr 2010
229 Posts
i just noticed this speed controller on special .

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=3731

i was wondering how suitable they would be for use with this board.

seems like the time to buy them if they are ok to use.
Old May 02, 2010, 08:05 PM
CNC Guitar
New York, NY
Joined Feb 2010
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
i just noticed this speed controller on special .

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=3731

i was wondering how suitable they would be for use with this board.

seems like the time to buy them if they are ok to use.
On my Quad, using this board, those are the EXACT ones I use....they work VERY well for me so far...
cyborgcnc is offline Find More Posts by cyborgcnc
Old May 02, 2010, 09:01 PM
Joined Apr 2010
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborgcnc View Post
On my Quad, using this board, those are the EXACT ones I use....they work VERY well for me so far...
Very nice, thanks for the quick response.

Now to find a motor
Old May 03, 2010, 03:42 AM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,642 Posts
I have an oscillation with my quad using V4. The oscillation (hunting) happens on roll & pitch at different motors' RPM. If I hold the quad with 1 hand, it will hunt on either pitch or roll at some certain RPM. During the hunting, if I hold the quad with my other hand, the hunting stops.

I suspect I have vibration problem. I'm wondering if it's really a vibration issue? And I'm also wondering how do you, who have your quad flying, mount the circuit board & gyro to the frame? Do you put them on some kind of foam? or just double sided tape? I have double sided tape (about 1/16" (1.5mm) thick)

My motor is still running at 1400kv, the prop is 8x4.5

Thanks guys

-Thanh
thanhTran is offline Find More Posts by thanhTran
Old May 03, 2010, 05:31 AM
Joined Mar 2010
59 Posts
program the ATmega88

Kaptian,

Could you give a wright and fully explanation for setting the fuses.
I have AVRstudio now and It's an ATmega 88.I treying to setv the fuses for a while now,but It won't work and I am sure that the hardwere is correct

Thanks Lowie
lowie is offline Find More Posts by lowie
Old May 03, 2010, 10:26 AM
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanhTran View Post
I have an oscillation with my quad using V4. The oscillation (hunting) happens on roll & pitch at different motors' RPM. If I hold the quad with 1 hand, it will hunt on either pitch or roll at some certain RPM. During the hunting, if I hold the quad with my other hand, the hunting stops.

I suspect I have vibration problem. I'm wondering if it's really a vibration issue? And I'm also wondering how do you, who have your quad flying, mount the circuit board & gyro to the frame? Do you put them on some kind of foam? or just double sided tape? I have double sided tape (about 1/16" (1.5mm) thick)

My motor is still running at 1400kv, the prop is 8x4.5

Thanks guys

-Thanh
I had mine mounted with double sided tape also. I have very slight oscillations. I switched to velcro pads because I was switching out three different boards. Still have the slight hunting every now and then. I lessened the dampening of the low pass filter on gyro which increased oscillations so next I will try increasing the dampening (lowering cutoff freq) to see what happens. My motor spacing is 56cm, 750kv, 10" prop. My props are a little chewed up once again so not going to make any changes until I replace them and see what happens. The indoor flying is tough on the quad and the shop equipment.
pug398 is offline Find More Posts by pug398
Old May 03, 2010, 10:31 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,408 Posts
I strongly suggest that you not use Velcro or foam tape to mount your gyros. They have a tough enough job to do. Securely mount them to your board using either silicone or hot melt glue or liquid nails, or Gorilla Glue so there is no chance of movement at all.
Cheers,
Jim
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old May 03, 2010, 10:33 AM
Joined Apr 2010
17 Posts

guys i have no idea i buildet a normal at mega 48-20pu version with normal v4.1 prog

murata 03 thingis all what work is throttle and one adjust "poti"

watch by yourself

fucked up quadboard o.o? (1 min 51 sec)

im getting crazy

please could someone build a funktional one for me ?

i send him any parts for it if someone would do for me (and some money)

maybe teh fuses are set wrong dunno only channel for throttle works

gyros are ok i tested them (and they are brand new)

ps.
im from germany , i will pay 40 dollar + send all parts needet for building it if someone do
STitch_mimulus is offline Find More Posts by STitch_mimulus
Last edited by STitch_mimulus; May 03, 2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old May 03, 2010, 11:35 AM
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
I strongly suggest that you not use Velcro or foam tape to mount your gyros. They have a tough enough job to do. Securely mount them to your board using either silicone or hot melt glue or liquid nails, or Gorilla Glue so there is no chance of movement at all.
Cheers,
Jim
Jim I mount my gyros securely to the circuit board. I mount my board to the frame with either antivibe grommets, double sided foam tape or velcro. Actually when there is a vibration issue like with a bent prop adaptor, the velcro gives the best performance of all or at least that is what I have found.
pug398 is offline Find More Posts by pug398
Old May 03, 2010, 11:37 AM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STitch_mimulus View Post

guys i have no idea i buildet a normal at mega 48-20pu version with normal v4.1 prog

murata 03 thingis all what work is throttle and one adjust "poti"

watch by yourself

It looks like you're getting real close to get it working. So when you move the roll / pitch stick, do you see the servo moves differently from each other (some moves more than other)? If you do see it, I think the software is programmed ok. The problem is probably your gyro boards not working. Loose connection, no power, or something else. Can you check to see if you at least have some voltage reading on 3 of the gyro pins?
thanhTran is offline Find More Posts by thanhTran