HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2010, 12:10 PM
Hovership
United States, CA, Cupertino
Joined Aug 2010
996 Posts
Minsoo, that mini quad looks very powerful! It looks like the frame is wood and the indoor flying hull is some sort of foam? I see it is available on your site now.

Will you be selling the mini power board by itself?
3rdeyepro is offline Find More Posts by 3rdeyepro
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2010, 01:01 PM
ApachePilot
Joined Oct 2006
1,866 Posts
I just finished a new tricopter,except this time it is much smaller. This new try has about 12" between the props. I am having the old issue of getting my gyros trimmed right. A hair to the left and it bounces around like a headless chicken, a hair to the right and it occilates rapidly. I am moving one gyro pot at a time hoping to tame it but need to ask, is there any secret to these smaller guys? Or am I just going to have to keep trying?
ApachePilot is offline Find More Posts by ApachePilot
Old Dec 05, 2010, 06:18 PM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,642 Posts
Apache, I hope you run latest quad firmware? I've not tried it, but it has reduced the gain settings compared to older V4 firmware.

Also, which ESC are you using?

Thanh
thanhTran is offline Find More Posts by thanhTran
Old Dec 05, 2010, 06:36 PM
a little boy's dream come true
France, Corse, Santo-Pietro-di-Tenda
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
hello all

since it didn't sell, I have decided to take my KK quad out two days ago, and must say it really flies very well for a gyros only, it impresses me each and every time I take this little machine out!
The crazy thing is that it flies MUCH better than the X650 I've been sent to test, much smoother and more stable, it flies hands off for very long periods of time, quite impressive for such a simple design, kaptein you have done a GREAT job
On top of this, I'm flying an old firmware (from last August) and am flying outside in freezing cold... I just connect the battery, wait for the escs to initialize and take off, quad is flying beautifully straight away, I don't even give it time to acclimatize, it flies perfectly.
I am flying a mesh frame that Jakub sent me quite some time ago, and must say it performs very well and it"s very nice and light too
I'm using Aeolian 18A escs (I swapped from the TGP25A that I needed for another machine), KDA20-20L and 1045EPP with a 2200mAh 3s battery, weight is 850g.

I will post some videos probably tomorrow, and thanks again Kaptein for such a neat little board,
Bob
bob.titus is offline Find More Posts by bob.titus
Old Dec 05, 2010, 07:00 PM
ApachePilot
Joined Oct 2006
1,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanhTran View Post
Apache, I hope you run latest quad firmware? I've not tried it, but it has reduced the gain settings compared to older V4 firmware.

Also, which ESC are you using?

Thanh

Thahn,

Yes, thankyou...
I have one of the newer boards with the new firmware and 5V out.

I have found that to be true in the fact you have to lower your gain settings. I have it flying now, but am having to work with the tail quite a bit. What I mean is, I have my yaw control servo set at 5% and still cannot keep it from over compensating. It wants to spin on me.....
I have my servo plugged directly into my Rx and have dual rates set also, but I am not there yet with stability and control.

ApachePilot
ApachePilot is offline Find More Posts by ApachePilot
Old Dec 05, 2010, 07:28 PM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,642 Posts
I guess there is something wrong with your yaw gyro. Check to see if the tail servo moves when you're yawing the copter (preferably at half throttle).

An alternative (which I found working pretty well) for tricopter is that plugging a HH gyro (the HK401 or smilar) to the rudder channel of your RX and then to the servo. But if you're using with latest firmware, you may have to Y connect the rudder channel of the RX with both the HK401 and the KK board so that you can arm the board.
thanhTran is offline Find More Posts by thanhTran
Old Dec 05, 2010, 09:54 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Jun 2010
21 Posts
motors for - FC 28-22 Brushless Outrunner 1200kv

http://www.hobbyking.com/SwarmSale.asp?id=53652

anyone wants to join this SWARM SALE?
andremoraes is offline Find More Posts by andremoraes
Old Dec 06, 2010, 01:06 AM
Joined Apr 2008
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdeyepro View Post
Minsoo, that mini quad looks very powerful! It looks like the frame is wood and the indoor flying hull is some sort of foam? I see it is available on your site now.

Will you be selling the mini power board by itself?
Dear Sir
The material is a EVA FOAM used shock absorber.
we only sell the power board with set

thanks
Minsoo Kim is offline Find More Posts by Minsoo Kim
Old Dec 06, 2010, 01:51 AM
Sweden
Joined Aug 2009
59 Posts
Stable KK-tri

Hi guys,

I got my tri dialed in and got to fly it around some yesterday. I must say that th KK board is a huge improvement to the old one with only gyros (HK 401b)

Here is a video, filmed with my microcam, sorry about the quality

Tricopter with KK Controller in the winter (4 min 47 sec)
warriorswede is offline Find More Posts by warriorswede
Old Dec 06, 2010, 02:00 AM
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorswede View Post
...th KK board is a huge improvement to the old one with only gyros (HK 401b)...
can you explain, I've been away for quite some time and am flying the HK 401...
Thanks,
Bob
Old Dec 06, 2010, 02:30 AM
Sweden
Joined Aug 2009
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob.titus View Post
can you explain, I've been away for quite some time and am flying the HK 401...
Thanks,
Bob
It's a lot more stable
Old Dec 06, 2010, 02:36 AM
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
Quote:
It's a lot more stable
of course
What I mean't was "what KK board??"
Is there something new I wouldn't kknow about based on something else than HK 401?

Bob
Old Dec 06, 2010, 02:52 AM
United States, AZ
Joined May 2010
1,820 Posts
maybe he means more stable than just hk401 gyros? maybe chris's board that uses the st micro gyros? not sure, but as far as i have read, the 'default' build still uses the 401 gyros - some have put the wm+ on it, but not that many
bob4432 is offline Find More Posts by bob4432
Old Dec 06, 2010, 03:09 AM
Sweden
Joined Aug 2009
59 Posts
Oh, sorry for being vague, yes, "the old one" refers to my last tricopter that didn't use a KK board, just gyros & radio programming.
Old Dec 06, 2010, 03:16 AM
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob4432 View Post
maybe he means more stable than just hk401 gyros? maybe chris's board that uses the st micro gyros? not sure, but as far as i have read, the 'default' build still uses the 401 gyros - some have put the wm+ on it, but not that many
Quote:
Oh, sorry for being vague, yes, "the old one" refers to my last tricopter that didn't use a KK board, just gyros & radio programming.
thanks bob4432 and warriorswede for this clarification.

Bob