to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2010, 08:03 AM
LŽAmposti
Amposta (Spain)
Joined Feb 2006
98 Posts
Hi

The million dollar question.

I have the wm + DX and also I have a v5 kk and mounted for triwicopter arduino.
Which to use?
thanks
CONCEP60 is offline Find More Posts by CONCEP60
Old Nov 09, 2010, 01:20 PM
Future-proof EVERYTHING
NY
Joined Jul 2008
762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alll View Post
I use AVR-Studio to compile and eXtreme burner to upload the hex into the atmega.
AH! That can be a solution! I do not think I can access some of the chip settings though? Like brownout detection and clock source, etc.
DarkHeli is offline Find More Posts by DarkHeli
Old Nov 09, 2010, 01:44 PM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeli View Post
AH! That can be a solution! I do not think I can access some of the chip settings though? Like brownout detection and clock source, etc.
The chip settings are the fuses. Aren't you entering / setting any fuse now?
thanhTran is offline Find More Posts by thanhTran
Old Nov 09, 2010, 01:45 PM
Oregon Coast
Joined Jul 2008
513 Posts
I'm having trouble arming my controller.

I'vr been able to switch pot gain directions, and have been able to program throttle range - with all lights and sounds matching the info on this forum.
But I can't arm the controller - even with throttle trim down.

If I start with the yaw pot a zero I have motor function (no LED), but still no arm disarm control.

The ESCs are programmed -Plush 18, and I also tried rebinding the RX.

-Ellis

EDIT: Fixed! I just the dual rate switch on the rudder set to 60% - that kept it from arming!
Ellis108 is offline Find More Posts by Ellis108
Old Nov 09, 2010, 01:57 PM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeli View Post
Use this http://www.engbedded.com/fusecalc/

And copy past these values in eXtreme burner...

manuLRK
alll is offline Find More Posts by alll
Old Nov 09, 2010, 03:38 PM
Future-proof EVERYTHING
NY
Joined Jul 2008
762 Posts
Now I get it! Thanks again
DarkHeli is offline Find More Posts by DarkHeli
Old Nov 09, 2010, 05:27 PM
Joined Jul 2009
2,189 Posts
i just did my other wmp with red jumper and it did not work,

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Jo)Hannes View Post
Just see my last posts, thanks to noppita it seems to work now. Have not testet it in the KK board.
noppita is offline Find More Posts by noppita
Old Nov 10, 2010, 10:29 AM
Joined Jul 2010
52 Posts
Has anybody ever built a quad with these SS ESC's.... http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=6460

I built a quad with Niall's KK controller board and HK401 gyros a few months ago and it flies awesome with Turnigy ESC's and BL-2830-14 750KV motors.

With this new quad I'm building I'm trying to use the SS ECS's in the link above and the FC 28-22 1200kv motors from hobbyking. I'm using the same controller board that was in the original quad. I got it all put together, but it flies horrible!!!! When I fly it a couple feet off the ground it wobbles and wobbles until it finally goes out of control and hits the ground. It doesn't always wobble the same direction..... sometimes it's left and right and other times it's front to back and sometimes it's all the directions. I can put the controller board in the original quad and I can easily hover at 2 feet with no problems at all. The airframe is basically the same between the two quads. The only 2 major differences is the motors and the ESC's. I'm thinking the ESC's is the problem. Seems like I remember KK or something mentioning that the SS ESC's can't process the data quick enough. Tonight I'm going to swap out the SS ESC's with the Turnigy's to see if that helps.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks,
Justin
cncguns is offline Find More Posts by cncguns
Old Nov 10, 2010, 01:15 PM
Joined Jul 2010
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncguns View Post
Has anybody ever built a quad with these SS ESC's.... http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=6460

I built a quad with Niall's KK controller board and HK401 gyros a few months ago and it flies awesome with Turnigy ESC's and BL-2830-14 750KV motors.

With this new quad I'm building I'm trying to use the SS ECS's in the link above and the FC 28-22 1200kv motors from hobbyking. I'm using the same controller board that was in the original quad. I got it all put together, but it flies horrible!!!! When I fly it a couple feet off the ground it wobbles and wobbles until it finally goes out of control and hits the ground. It doesn't always wobble the same direction..... sometimes it's left and right and other times it's front to back and sometimes it's all the directions. I can put the controller board in the original quad and I can easily hover at 2 feet with no problems at all. The airframe is basically the same between the two quads. The only 2 major differences is the motors and the ESC's. I'm thinking the ESC's is the problem. Seems like I remember KK or something mentioning that the SS ESC's can't process the data quick enough. Tonight I'm going to swap out the SS ESC's with the Turnigy's to see if that helps.

Thanks,
Justin
I was talking to a friend about my problem and he suggested I check the gyros and see if they needed to be reversed. He makes a very good point, but what I'm not clear about is.... if the controller board works perfect on one quad and then acts crazy on a different quad, can it really be the gyros? I guess I was thinking once you had a controller board working it would work on any ESC/motor combination. ??

Thanks,
Justin
cncguns is offline Find More Posts by cncguns
Old Nov 10, 2010, 01:52 PM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,529 Posts
Quote:

Thanks,
Justin
Vibration ....

manuLRK
alll is offline Find More Posts by alll
Old Nov 10, 2010, 02:02 PM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,642 Posts
Quote:

...I'm trying to use the SS ECS's in the link above and the FC 28-22 1200kv motors from hobbyking. I'm using the same controller board that was in the original quad. I got it all put together, but it flies horrible!!!! ...
Well in my early quad days, I tried some of those non programmable ESC's (Tower Pro ESC) and I couldn't fly it either. It hunts & wobble badly until it crashed. I think it's too slow to response to the changes from the controller. Some people have good success with those so I'm still wondering what's going on. My set up with same motors, same mechanical, same everything and just with Turnigy plush ESC flies beautiful after I replaced the ESC.

-Thanh
Old Nov 10, 2010, 02:04 PM
Deutschland, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Detmold
Joined May 2010
15 Posts
A little question.
I can't figure out the pad for the kathode/anode for the V5 board?
Can anyone tell me? Is it Pad 1 or 2 (see attached picture)

Greetings from Germany
Benkelm is offline Find More Posts by Benkelm
Old Nov 10, 2010, 02:27 PM
Nederland, NH, Amsterdam
Joined Jul 2010
992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benkelm View Post
A little question.
I can't figure out the pad for the kathode/anode for the V5 board?
Can anyone tell me? Is it Pad 1 or 2 (see attached picture)

Greetings from Germany
If you look in to the schematics you will see that pad 2 is the anode
Frank.T is offline Find More Posts by Frank.T
Old Nov 10, 2010, 03:11 PM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noppita View Post
i just test my second board of wmp from dealextreme.com and i set pot and stick to 13 and reduce end point of throttle to 80% and found result to be not good like my first wmp. the copter move back and forward like swing either left and right or forward and back. I am using jakub kk board and i think the jakub board use different C and R from other kk board. If c and R is different, the wmp result can be different right? I will check each component on jakub and compare with other kk board standard.

all, rc420pilot, tranthran -------> which kk board are you using and what is the component list? they are different from jakub component right?

any comment
I'm using WiiMP with my own controller (more info here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1335765)

I don't think Jakub board would cause that. I've seen quad swinging slowly if flying hands off too. It would swing from point A in the air to point B, and then swing back and just wanter around. I'm not able to explain what causes it, but I don't think it was caused by gyro. I think it's caused by trimming and the unbalanced in CG of the quad itself.

If it swings quickly or oscillates, then I think you need to isolate your gyro from vibration better.

Just my 2 cents.

-Thanh