HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 14, 2010, 09:45 PM
Future-proof EVERYTHING
NY
Joined Jul 2008
762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecnc2006 View Post
Here is 1st test flight of the New Tri-Copter, until I lost the Yaw. The gears on the small servo's are easy to strip out, Gone through 3 already.

Has anyone Used the Y6 software yet? I am thinking of dropping the Servo and going with 6 motors, any suggestions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ofzXRSK5lg

Joe
I am going to go with the Y6 soon. Home made ALU fame. Motors and extra esc's are on their way.
DarkHeli is offline Find More Posts by DarkHeli
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2010, 11:53 PM
Krakow/POLAND
Joined Dec 2009
1,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by culexus View Post
Jakub I like your new tri frame, did you try to build any t-style tri frames?

Hi

Yes, I'll do some HAMMERcopter frame

But first a few quad/sexy new frames.

J.
Jakub J is offline Find More Posts by Jakub J
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 15, 2010, 03:25 AM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Oct 2010
17 Posts
Very Nice Jakub.
sykochin is offline Find More Posts by sykochin
Old Oct 15, 2010, 05:10 AM
Krakow/POLAND
Joined Dec 2009
1,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpv-tor View Post

Where you bought this propellers? Looks interesting...

Jakub
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 15, 2010, 05:55 AM
Spain.
Joined Jul 2009
303 Posts
Hello all
I right now i just bought three gyros for my kkhexacopter its the same model of HK 401b gyros, but is more cheaper and with free post. Dont forget to enable the BULKRATES price, you will recive a 5$ less of the total amount.

LEt me show us.

Items: $45.74 (for 3 gyros)
Shipping: FREE (Standard)
Subtotal: $45.74 Discounts: ($5.01)
Total: $40.73
DX Points Rewarded: 4 pts
Coupon: BULKRATE

I have a question about the smd v5 kkmulticontroller board... I would build a hexacopter and i cant find how i must connect the diferents esc signal wires to the kkboard. i think M1 output maybe the front motor but i dont know how about the rest.

Thank you.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.d...%20full%20view
Nosepo is offline Find More Posts by Nosepo
Old Oct 15, 2010, 06:05 AM
Krakow/POLAND
Joined Dec 2009
1,738 Posts
New quad frame :)

Hi

I have new quad frame ready
Central parts with place for GoPro, and ESC (even big - 30A).

First fly after weekend - I have only three ESC

Jakub
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 15, 2010, 06:30 AM
Belgium
Joined Oct 2010
146 Posts
I have video's of the KKmulticopter I am impressed how stable it is with only gyros. I have been searching for some information about the control algorithm but couldn't find it my assembly knowledge isn't so big.

Is there some info on how the kk is controlled with the gyros (PID or something) and what is done to the gyro values (filtering or something).

I'm asking this for some input on building my own quadrocopter with ITG-3200.
TheRaver is offline Find More Posts by TheRaver
Old Oct 15, 2010, 06:51 AM
Joined Oct 2004
208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosepo View Post
Dont forget to enable the BULKRATES price, you will recive a 5$ less of the total amount.
As there will be $1.70 added for the bulkrate shipping, and at least in (most) european countries VAT/Tax will be due on orders with goods worth more then €22 (~$30), it might be cheaper to split the order* and get the $12.70 ("free" shipping) Hobbypartz.com Gyro (Does the GY192 or GY48V contain the same gyro?)
http://www.hobbypartz.com/gyros.html
Also I am looking forward to the Wii Motion Plus efforts... $10 for the clone at DX is just insanely cheap ;-)

*Splitting the order is the key- some companies like r2 & ebay stores will bundle shipmets though, so either order when the first package of two have been shipped or send to a different name/adress (M. H. Schorhr, Randomstreet 47, 1234 Town V.S. Marcus Schorhr, Randomst. 47, 1234 Town-Part)
schorhr is offline Find More Posts by schorhr
Old Oct 15, 2010, 07:10 AM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosepo View Post
Hello all
I right now i just bought three gyros for my kkhexacopter its the same model of HK 401b gyros, but is more cheaper and with free post. Dont forget to enable the BULKRATES price, you will recive a 5$ less of the total amount.

LEt me show us.

Items: $45.74 (for 3 gyros)
Shipping: FREE (Standard)
Subtotal: $45.74 Discounts: ($5.01)
Total: $40.73
DX Points Rewarded: 4 pts
Coupon: BULKRATE

I have a question about the smd v5 kkmulticontroller board... I would build a hexacopter and i cant find how i must connect the diferents esc signal wires to the kkboard. i think M1 output maybe the front motor but i dont know how about the rest.

Thank you.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.d...%20full%20view
Hi Nosepo,

Have you used the sensors from those gyros before?
Do you have any and could you please check the markings on them to see if it's the same sensor model or a different one.

I have seen those before, but never bought them as I wasn't sure if the internals would be the same.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks.
IceWind is offline Find More Posts by IceWind
Old Oct 15, 2010, 07:24 AM
Joined Oct 2004
208 Posts
I saw some cheap 3 axis MEMS on eBay (here and here, some info here) but I was unable finding any info about if they are suitable in a quad- and then if it would be possible to use MEMS with the KK?
Old Oct 15, 2010, 08:07 AM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schorhr View Post
I saw some cheap 3 axis MEMS on eBay (here and here, some info here) but I was unable finding any info about if they are suitable in a quad- and then if it would be possible to use MEMS with the KK?
Hi schorhr,
I believe those won't do with the KK system.
They are accelerometers and not gyroscopes also their ouput is only digital.
See their spec sheet here: http://www.st.com/stonline/books/pdf/docs/12094.pdf

But on another way they could be and excellent addon to the current system obtain a fully leveled and stable quad.
IceWind is offline Find More Posts by IceWind
Old Oct 15, 2010, 08:15 AM
Joined Oct 2004
208 Posts
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction :-) ACC would be nice, but I guess that's another project then...
I read about the kk requiring analog signal. Oh well. I hope there will be more info on the wm+ soon, that "branch" of development sounds very interesting.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 09:18 AM
Spain.
Joined Jul 2009
303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
Hi Nosepo,

Have you used the sensors from those gyros before?
Do you have any and could you please check the markings on them to see if it's the same sensor model or a different one.

I have seen those before, but never bought them as I wasn't sure if the internals would be the same.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks.
Hi
No, i havent.
But its the same look my post from www.aeromodelismovirtual.com
http://www.aeromodelismovirtual.com/...300#post117300 (Pics was been taked from a post from rcgroups)
There are some little diferences, like the trims in the Mystery are 20Kohm than the Hk it has a 25Kohm trims, dont take care with this. There are one capacitor mark as 22uF and two 47uf, this is non problematic to use in the kkboard. The only think thats i dont like so much is the mud, i would to think not was inside the gyro. The inclinometers are the same in both, the diferent mark in each one wich only mark the Murata factory production date.

I already need a helping hand to get connected the smd v5 kkmultricontroller to the 6 esc of my hexa.I need to know the order they must follow. ¡¡¡¡HELPPP¡¡¡¡
Last edited by Nosepo; Oct 15, 2010 at 09:27 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 09:37 AM
If it flies, I will crash it
USA, CO, Westminster
Joined Jan 2008
3,024 Posts
Here you go Nosepo.
http://www.kkmulticopter.com/index.p...n-a-sexycopter

Rob...
mxspode is offline Find More Posts by mxspode
Old Oct 15, 2010, 09:41 AM
Spain.
Joined Jul 2009
303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schorhr View Post
As there will be $1.70 added for the bulkrate shipping, and at least in (most) european countries VAT/Tax will be due on orders with goods worth more then €22 (~$30), it might be cheaper to split the order* and get the $12.70 ("free" shipping) Hobbypartz.com Gyro (Does the GY192 or GY48V contain the same gyro?)
http://www.hobbypartz.com/gyros.html
Also I am looking forward to the Wii Motion Plus efforts... $10 for the clone at DX is just insanely cheap ;-)

*Splitting the order is the key- some companies like r2 & ebay stores will bundle shipmets though, so either order when the first package of two have been shipped or send to a different name/adress (M. H. Schorhr, Randomstreet 47, 1234 Town V.S. Marcus Schorhr, Randomst. 47, 1234 Town-Part)

Hi i'm from Spain and when i enable the Bulkrate prices the diference was 5$ less of the total amount. Im sorry but i dont know if the gy gyros wich you show are working fine in the kkmulticontroller.I need the most similar gyros from hk401b cos i need to desolder some trims and capacitors for get full of components in the kkboard. I´d like so much the wii sensors i think there most efficient and smooth working than the gyros, but right now you cant adjust the sensibility with the trims.
Sorry for my poor English.