SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 11, 2010, 04:19 AM
Joined Jul 2009
2,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanhTran View Post
We have talked about this, right?

I believe you use the smaller version of the 750kv motor, correct? I mentioned the bigger version of the 750kv motor were never got warm on me. It was cool even when I use only 3 of them on my tricopter with gopro HD (fully cased) or with a SD400 on a gimbal system. The total weight RTF was around 1100-1200+g, but I never use GWS blades with that motor and with that much weight.

I did have my quad with 4 GWS 9x50 tri-blades and the quad weights was 995g and the blades broke in flying with high wind.

You may want to try to use the APC 10x4.7 props with your set up to see if it's warm. If you cannot find the 10x4.7 pusher prop in your area (I bought mine from radicalrc.com) then you can try the famous motor-tilting method.

2836/11 rctimer motor with APC 10x4.7 props with 1.2KG : fly well.

(2836/11 rctimer motor with GWS blades: unknown, I've not tried.)

GWS 9x50 tri blade on a 1KG quad: flies fine, motors (Turnigy 2217 20turn 860kv) not warm but blades broke in high wind.

-Thanh

right, we have talked about this, but i ordered those smaller version motors before i talked to you and i ordered what was recommended by website. I think i will have to stop ordering more and more motor since i have ordered 4 set of motors without success. I am very bad in motor selection.
noppita is offline Find More Posts by noppita
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2010, 04:54 AM
http://drone-pilot.blogspot.fr
Rhone Alps, France
Joined Aug 2008
2,540 Posts
SHE FLIES

After a few frustrating weeks of waiting for props (CNC-Modellsport GRRRRRR!) and then problems with a duff gyro, I finally got my quad airborne today. It's been airborne before, but not with any control and not for more than 5 seconds, but this is the first time that I had control of it.

As soon as I changed the gyro I could immediately feel that it had stability and felt much more certain that it would fly. I put it down in my living room and powered it up and quickly realised that I didn't have enough room to fly it there. I've so far only managed about a minute of continuous hovering and I can see that I'm going to have to work on orientation issues.

So, thanks guys for all your help in getting me airborne specially to Jakub for a really nice frame and easy to build board and to the person that told me the trick about throttle trim to get the board to arm, I would have given up if it wasn't for that tip.

Cheers,

LG
lovegroove is offline Find More Posts by lovegroove
Old Oct 11, 2010, 08:15 AM
Rhone Alps, France
Joined Aug 2008
2,540 Posts
Quick update

Just had another go at a football pitch and managed a whole pack and only had to land once. I can't believe just how stable my quad is, which is just as well, because my flying skills aren't the best.

The other thing that surprised me was just how quick it is. I was flying laps around the football pitch and this thing becomes very small, very quickly and orientation at a distance is very difficult. I want a few more flights before I put my FPV equipment on it and then that should help with orientation.

So pleased that it finally flies and I can't get the smile off my face.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 08:17 AM
Don't disturb the pilot !!!
Canada, QC, Quebec
Joined Jun 2008
2,187 Posts
Congrats LG!! By the way which pack size do you use?
saucisse is offline Find More Posts by saucisse
Old Oct 11, 2010, 08:17 AM
Krakow/POLAND
Joined Dec 2009
1,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegroove View Post
...so pleased that it finally flies and i can't get the smile off my face.

j.
Jakub J is online now Find More Posts by Jakub J
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 11, 2010, 08:26 AM
Rhone Alps, France
Joined Aug 2008
2,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucisse View Post
Congrats LG!! By the way which pack size do you use?
I was using a 3s 2200mAh pack, but I have a 3s 5000mAh pack waiting to be used for something

I have no idea how long I was flying for as I didn't have a watch with me, but I would guess that it was somewhere around 10 mins. I'll have to do a proper timed flight to see what I can get out of it, because I don't have a low battery alarm yet.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 08:28 AM
Rhone Alps, France
Joined Aug 2008
2,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakub J View Post

j.
Do you think that the GoPro mount for your new tri frame could be adapted to fit on the fibreglass quad frame? I've been thinking about how I'm going to mount my gopro, but haven't actually built anything yet.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 09:03 AM
Krakow/POLAND
Joined Dec 2009
1,734 Posts
Quote:
Do you think that the GoPro mount for your new tri frame could be adapted to fit on the fibreglass quad frame? I've been thinking about how I'm going to mount my gopro, but haven't actually built anything yet.
Probably yes, but I'm working now with a few designs
of quad frames with space dedicated for GoPro

J.
Jakub J is online now Find More Posts by Jakub J
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 11, 2010, 09:11 AM
CNC Guitar
New York, NY
Joined Feb 2010
439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecnc2006 View Post
I have a sheet of G10 3'x4' bought local from plastic suplier.
I drew the Y6 style Tri-Copter from pictures of the WOV-y6 in autocad, then import into Aspire, but I will redraw another one seeing different things I want to change on it. Yes My CNC Machine has dust collection, you can see it on my site, along with many others who have built my machines.

Joe
Hi Joe,

Yes, I have seen them on CNCzone....you have made a lot of folks happy with your designs!

I recently build a new CNC machine as well, and you can see it in action here:

CNC Strat cutting (4 min 4 sec)

and also here doing some tests:

CNC aircut Les Paul (3 min 42 sec)

Very happy with it. 400IPM rapids on all axes, and very solid overall....

Aspire is a good piece of software as well, and you will be very happy with G10...not the lightest material in the world, but it is very strong and quite flexible...it can take a lot of abuse.

You can see my Quad frame with the KK board here:

QuadCopter Maiden Flight (3 min 3 sec)

I think I had build one of the first KK copters, when Rolf made his design available. You can also see a UaVx one, slightly larger here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=3269912
cyborgcnc is online now Find More Posts by cyborgcnc
Old Oct 11, 2010, 10:04 AM
Vernonia, OR
Joined Mar 2004
1,188 Posts
Here is a pic of the board mounted to my TRI with 4mm double sticky foam. Weather looks to be good today, so I will get some video.
Hauntme13 is offline Find More Posts by Hauntme13
Old Oct 11, 2010, 10:05 AM
Don't disturb the pilot !!!
Canada, QC, Quebec
Joined Jun 2008
2,187 Posts
LG, I just drilled some holes ( 2 in front and 1 in the back) in a GoPro 3M mount and ziptie it on the frame directly.

I case of crash one (or all) ziptie will snap instead of ripping the mount of (happened to me twice when I begun)

Quote:
saucisse is offline Find More Posts by saucisse
Old Oct 11, 2010, 11:40 AM
Member FPV UK
Isle of Wight, UK
Joined Apr 2010
729 Posts
Y6 1.1a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minsoo Kim View Post
Y6Copter V1.1a

Pitch control bug Fixed.
Reducing Oscillation.

Minsoo Kim
Minsoo,

Any chance of Y6 1.1b that has motor arming function please? I'm also still seeing pitch oscillations and may give 1.0 a try so see what happens.

Thanks, Mike.
IWCoburg is offline Find More Posts by IWCoburg
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by IWCoburg; Oct 12, 2010 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Added pitch issue.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 11:43 AM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
i got some spare parts from jakub to repair the gfk frame. now he's back in the air. some pics shot frome another kk quad.

warthox is offline Find More Posts by warthox
Old Oct 11, 2010, 12:25 PM
Dorset. UK
Joined Mar 2010
110 Posts
It Flies Yippeeeeeeeee

Just hovered my home made, kk powered quad for the first time. Came up to a hover with no drama at all, I have made no adjustments to any of the gyros, so all still at 50%. Very, very impressed, Kaptein you are an absolute GENIUS !!!! All I need now is some calm weather.
Thats to all that helped me with final configuration.
revogeoff is online now Find More Posts by revogeoff
Old Oct 11, 2010, 01:34 PM
"Let's put a camera on that.."
Twin Cities, MN
Joined Feb 2010
1,063 Posts
X mode

So I made the necessary changes to the craft to fly it in X instead of +. It seems to do well enough LOS, but when I tried to FPV the thing--only for seconds, mind, I had to shut down and handle my toddler at that point--I found I was rather disoriented.

Are there any FPV'ers here who have had the same situation? I've been flying FPV in + and that's working great.

Also, it seems to me that commands are not as crisp in X... for example, at stable hover, when I shove the stick full right, I get a bit of either pitch or yaw in there too. In +, this doesn't happen. Is that my imagination, or part of the mechanics of flying X?

spag
spagoziak is offline Find More Posts by spagoziak