SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 17, 2010, 06:21 PM
Joined Feb 2006
64 Posts
CNC-Modellsport order
wow...looks like I was lucky, got my propellers this week!!!
I was suspicious when I try to pay by paypal but paypal was suspended...huuuummm.
but I gamble and order 10 props at begining of this months, payed by bank transfer and after 3 days sent them e-mail to all address found on theire confirmation order complaining about order status was not changed, same day status changed to payed.
3 days later sent another e-mail asking when they will ship my order.
this week I got my propellers

now I realize how lucky I was...
fern is offline Find More Posts by fern
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2010, 06:24 PM
http://drone-pilot.blogspot.fr
Rhone Alps, France
Joined Aug 2008
2,540 Posts
There's hope yet then.
lovegroove is offline Find More Posts by lovegroove
Old Sep 17, 2010, 08:46 PM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
swarm sale for turnigy plush 10am esc's for $6.64 each
-
http://www.hobbyking.com/SwarmSale.asp?id=20458

very good esc to use on quads, incase some of you never used them on quads.
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 18, 2010, 12:20 AM
"Let's put a camera on that.."
Twin Cities, MN
Joined Feb 2010
1,063 Posts
Riddle me this

So I'm in to my 5th 2200 lipo tonight; just put FY20A on and was adjusting settings and getting the feel for it. There's a 10mph wind blowing steady but I'm used to it and that's not too terribly windy anyway.

Maybe related or not: Every now and then I notice my left motor would hesitate for a sec, mostly at throttle startup. In flight, no sweat, never shown signs of an issue. Throttle max/min calibrated at least 6x by now, turnigy plush set to normal startup, nimh, reduce power, high cutoff threshold, low timing.

I'm up around 30 feet, working on straight forward, straight back when... the motors just shut off and it falls to the ground. Broke my leading arm right off and slightly bent my right arm. It's all fixed and up in the air just a few hours later but...

What do you suppose caused that? FY20A was engaged, but even if it was commanding full right rudder, I had throttle at 60% so it wouldn't have disarmed me. Every other moment of 1.5 hours of flight was solid and normal.

Battery on 2.4 spektrum DX6i was 5.2v... maybe too low and RX lost signal? I'm using an AR6100 microlite parkflyer rx.

spag
spagoziak is offline Find More Posts by spagoziak
Last edited by spagoziak; Sep 18, 2010 at 12:44 AM.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 12:52 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2009
1,369 Posts
Hi Spag,

Anytime I've had all 4 motors shut down, it's been low power related, but I use 72MHz so R/C link isn't so much an issue. Use a Lipo alarm, set your ESC's to NiCad vs Lipo, and maybe even set Atmega fuse to disable brown out protection.

With my heli, I had one lipo I suspected of having power drop outs, becasue it would unexpectedl drop out of the air with one particular battery but not others. If you can eliminate the power source as not being the cause, then it's gonna be the R/C control link dropping out. Spread spektrum definately has it's advantages, but I use 72Mhz because I refuse to risk range or interference lock-outs on my plane, heli or quad.
patricklupo is offline Find More Posts by patricklupo
Last edited by patricklupo; Sep 18, 2010 at 01:04 AM.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 12:53 AM
Twin Cities, MN
Joined Feb 2010
1,063 Posts
Does anyone FPV with thier KK? How on earth do you do it? I gave it a crack and found I had no idea which direction I was heading, my attitude... it was pretty unnerving. I was only 2 feet off the ground though... I've FPV'd with an easystar a few times and that's pretty easy, all in all.

Any advice?
Old Sep 18, 2010, 12:54 AM
Twin Cities, MN
Joined Feb 2010
1,063 Posts
I definitely had my LV alarm running--all 3 cells were still above 11.1v, or the thing would have started beeping and changing led colors. I even checked it with the multimeter when I recovered it; 11.1v, or thereabout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patricklupo View Post
Hi Spag,

Anytime I've had all 4 motors shut down, it's been low power related, but I use 72MHz so R/C link isn't so much an issue. Use a Lipo alarm, set your ESC's to NiCad vs Lipo, and I even set my Atmega fuse to disable brown out protection as I's rather it lock up rather than shut down at 1.8v.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 01:25 AM
Joined Jul 2009
1,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spagoziak View Post
Does anyone FPV with thier KK? How on earth do you do it? I gave it a crack and found I had no idea which direction I was heading, my attitude... it was pretty unnerving. I was only 2 feet off the ground though... I've FPV'd with an easystar a few times and that's pretty easy, all in all.

Any advice?
I'm just starting to FPV on my KK quad and, yes, your field of view feels limited even with a 3.6mm lens (some folks use a wider angle to compensate). Best thing I can say is to maintain some forward speed and drop altitude by diving vs descending vertically. Just practice a lot in an open field away from trees and people if possible. I designed my quad to be cheap and easy to repair so I don't worry about crashing, but my main fear is going in a tree and not being able to recover it.

A few hints on managing power to your camera and VTx. I found that using 2x Mystery 1500mAH 25C Lipos in parallel worked well in my case. Together they provide ~3000mAh at 198 grams total for both, take up less area than a single long 3000mah, and I'm getting 9.5 min flights with FPV equipment online. I found that running the VTx & camera directly off the main power plug resulted in the video link cutting out at >2/3 throttle, so now I power the cam and VTx from one JST-XH charge plug and connect my lipo alarm to the other. Now I can punch full throttle without loosing any power to the FPV components. Lastly, I found that keeping my VTx antenna vertical (even if upside down) was a huge improvement and created a lot less video drop-outs over mounting it horizontal. Using wooden arms also helps to avoid blocking RF signal.
Last edited by patricklupo; Oct 05, 2010 at 04:40 AM.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 01:50 AM
Joined Jul 2009
1,369 Posts
Quote:
I definitely had my LV alarm running--all 3 cells were still above 11.1v, or the thing would have started beeping and changing led colors. I even checked it with the multimeter when I recovered it; 11.1v, or thereabout.
Sounding more like a 2.4GHz lock out then. If your R/C receiver is mounted on top is the your quad copter, is it's base made out of metal or carbon fiber? If so then maybe it's blocking signal to the antenna at certain angles.

Also, 900MHz video can cause issues with 2.4GHz spread spektrum when in close proximity (I've had 1st hand experience with lock-outs caused by only a 200mW 900MHz VTx next to a 2.4GHz Rx). I'll only use 1280MHz these days but the low pass 900MHz filter from DPCAV may be a possible solution. Was your VTx powered up when it dropped out of the air? Try a ground range test with/without your VTx powered up to see if there's any significant difference. Then do another ground test with your quadcopter base positioned so it's blocking the LOS between the receiver and transmitter antennas.
Last edited by patricklupo; Sep 18, 2010 at 02:02 AM.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 04:11 AM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
Quote:

Any advice?
im still waitin for my 5.8ghz fpv gear..
warthox is offline Find More Posts by warthox
Old Sep 18, 2010, 06:03 AM
Joined Aug 2010
16 Posts
@ warthox: Have your ordered your 5.8gHz gear at globe flight? maybe I am going to buy the 2,4 GHz set.

Quote:
I send them mails, and also via their site contact page, and no replies on my questions!
Instead they updated the order to :

"Ohne Zahlung bis zum 21.09.2010 (hier eingehend) wird kostenpflichtig gemahnt!"

ConWolf, can you translate, is this a threat?

thanks
manuLRK

It means, that you will get a reminder on 21st september, if you are not going to pay the outstanding balance. And you will have to pay a charge for this reminder!

I believe the best way is to use your right of cancellation. You can cancel your order within 2 weeks after order confirmation (without any reason). Write him an eMail, that you cancel the contract. According to german law he will have to send your money back. But it is not sure as fate that you will get your money back without a court case.

There is still the possibility to pay the higher shipping costs.

For people who have consulted paypal. I have read the general terms and conditions. CNC-M. mentioned:

"Sie verzichten ausdrücklich darauf über PayPal Konflikte, Beschwerden, Rückbuchungen oder Ähnliches auszulösen, unabhängig davon ob Lieferungen, falsch, unvollständig, defekt oder/und gar nicht bei Ihnen eingehen. In diesen und ähnlichen Fällen wenden Sie sich bitte direkt an uns. ."

"You waive the right of consulting paypal for conflicts, complains, back postings or anything else. Independent of wrong, incomplete, defect or not delivered products. In this case you have to contact us."

I am not quite sure, but this should be against the general terms and conditions of paypal an German law.
ConWolf is offline Find More Posts by ConWolf
Old Sep 18, 2010, 07:14 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
152 Posts
regarding the FPV gear - timely topic - I just added the FPV gear that I bought a while ago for my 450 heli (but never dared to use) to my second version KK quad frame. Some pictures attached here. FPV gear velcros on to the lunchbox that houses the KK controller. Have tested it in the backyard today (recording the downlink video - not actually flying fpv yet) and was quite happy with the results. I wanted to post the video but have some problems with video codecs and recompression that I'm too lazy to solve right now - so some pictures of the setup will have to do.

This also shows some parts of the frame design that I'm using (not nice - but functional and cheap to repair). Aluminium with plywood motor bases. Motors are attached with zip-ties, cheap, fast and easy. Also the plywood and zip ties will break first in a crash, protecting the frame and the motors. Motor tilt is achieved with washers under the motor mount.

FPV gear is the bestofferbuy.com 1.28 GHz 700 mW TX, you need to have an amateur radio license ( I do have one) in most countries to operate these legally. Cost was $60 including receiver and shipping. Camera is the $25 Sony CCD off ebay - in a protective foam housing). Running of a separate 3s battery as I had some problems with noise from the BEC.
OpticalFlow is offline Find More Posts by OpticalFlow
Old Sep 18, 2010, 07:27 AM
Joined Jul 2009
2,189 Posts
usb programmer

i have question about avr usb programmer for programming the atmega48-20pu chip. I have the usb programmer and i connect it directly to atmega chip and i could connected but can not communicate between chip and usb programmer. My question is, do i need to apply 5 v external power to atmega chip. I used meter to measure usb ground and vcc leg, and found 0.16 v only. do i need to apply 5 v external power to atmega chip and which leg to apply power on atmega chip
noppita is offline Find More Posts by noppita
Old Sep 18, 2010, 07:32 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noppita View Post
i have question about avr usb programmer for programming the atmega48-20pu chip. I have the usb programmer and i connect it directly to atmega chip and i could connected but can not communicate between chip and usb programmer. My question is, do i need to apply 5 v external power to atmega chip. I used meter to measure usb ground and vcc leg, and found 0.16 v only. do i need to apply 5 v external power to atmega chip and which leg to apply power on atmega chip

depends on your programmer. My programmer (usbasp from protostack.com) has a jumper where you can choose whether the 5V are supplied by the programmer or the target circuit.

that is assuming you're attaching the cable to a circuit where the 5V pin of the 10 pin (or 6 pin) ISP connector actually goes to the Vcc pin of the avr chip.
OpticalFlow is offline Find More Posts by OpticalFlow
Old Sep 18, 2010, 07:39 AM
mixed styles flight
central Florida USA
Joined Dec 2002
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noppita View Post
If you're using the AVRISP mkII programmer, you plug in your 5v power on any one of the ESC output channels for the programming operation. A 4.8V nicad works nice, already having the connector that fits.
321 is offline Find More Posts by 321