HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 06, 2010, 01:33 PM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnaron View Post
I routed it...man those traces are small...I didn't have small enough drill bits and ended up losing some pads. I also made a mistake cutting the board out on the X. The board is offset +0.025 on the X and -0.025 on the Y on the bottom. I compensated the wrong way. Here is a pic...I could use this board but I think I'll make another when I get the right drill bit size.

edit: there are a couple of questionable traces as well... I might work on a 2 sided version of the board. The main problem I had is the via's under components. I might spend some time and try and modify the other through hole version...
Do you have the G-CODE file for the routing? Will Mach3 handle it well?

Which programs do you use to generate G-CODE based on the schema file / gerber ... ?

Thanks,
manuLRK
alll is offline Find More Posts by alll
Last edited by alll; Sep 06, 2010 at 01:40 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2010, 01:42 PM
Joined Feb 2003
3,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alll View Post
Do you have the G-CODE file for the routing? Will Mach3 handle it well?

Which programs do you use to generate G-CODE based on the schema file / gerber ... ?

Thanks,
manuLRK

I used EAGLE with the PCB Gcode ULP. I use mach 3 to run my cnc machine. Two files one for drilling and one for etching.
Xnaron is offline Find More Posts by Xnaron
Old Sep 06, 2010, 02:20 PM
ApachePilot
Joined Oct 2006
1,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWCoburg View Post
As my eyesight is not up to really small stuff, I opted for the assembled (less gyro) SMD boards as they are nice and compact.

As I am running my boards from a Spectrum reciever I simplified the cabling so I use the Trottle chanel to feed signal and power, but only feed signal on the elevator, aileron and rudder chanels, so you have inreality only 2 cables to connect. This also works direclty if you add the FY20A as well, just a plug in and go job.

Mike.
Thanks, Mike....

I purchaes the fully loaded board with gyros mounted, blue LED, wiring and newest firmware for a tricopter. One of my reasons for buying this particular board is because the vendor was stateside. Now I just have to wait and see when it arrives. I hope to get the newest FY-20? next. My ESC's motors and props should all be here this week while I am home for the holidays. I return to work on Sunday morning. If my board makes it by then too, I will be a happy camper...

ApachePilot
ApachePilot is offline Find More Posts by ApachePilot
Old Sep 06, 2010, 02:29 PM
Member FPV UK
Isle of Wight, UK
Joined Apr 2010
729 Posts
We await the video AP

Mike.
IWCoburg is offline Find More Posts by IWCoburg
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 06, 2010, 03:47 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
T-Style TriCopter

Here is my newest toy, a T-style tricopter. It has a motor to motor distance of 50cm, and is made of 15x25x0.6 mm alu rectangle tubing from a Biltema "tÝrkestativ". It weighs 570 grams.
The frame is joined with cable ties, two 90 degree angle brackets and hot glue. The tail mech is one modified HK500 main blade grip, with the feathering shaft and servo fastened with cable ties and hot glue. Servo is a Ino Lab D251MG. Low tech build!
Also it has Plush 10A ESC's, KDA 20-22L with GWS 9x5 tri blades.

Here is a video:

My T-Style TriCopter (2 min 57 sec)

I could not find much information about contruction of a T-style tricopter, so I digged a bit on google and refreshed my geometry triangle calculations, and made this drawing:

This makes you able to calculate all the dimensions including the location and the CG, by only knowing the motor to motor distance.

Here is some more pictures of the tricopter:

I will try to make a body for it!
kapteinkuk is offline Find More Posts by kapteinkuk
Old Sep 06, 2010, 03:49 PM
Skint since 2000
Reading, United Kingdom
Joined Oct 2008
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk View Post
Here is my newest toy, a T-style tricopter. It has a motor to motor distance of 50cm, and is made of 15x25x0.6 mm alu rectangle tubing from a Biltema "tÝrkestativ". It weighs 570 grams.
The frame is joined with cable ties, two 90 degree angle brackets and hot glue. The tail mech is one modified HK500 main blade grip, with the feathering shaft and servo fastened with cable ties and hot glue. Servo is a Ino Lab D251MG. Low tech build!
Also it has Plush 10A ESC's, KDA 20-22L with GWS 9x5 tri blades.

Here is a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74zDjQ32paQ

I could not find much information about contruction of a T-style tricopter, so I digged a bit on google and refreshed my geometry triangle calculations, and made this drawing:

This makes you able to calculate all the dimensions including the location and the CG, by only knowing the motor to motor distance.

Here is some more pictures of the tricopter:

I will try to make a body for it!
I like the way you have your motor mounted . Zip ties for the win :P
ghost2212 is offline Find More Posts by ghost2212
Old Sep 06, 2010, 03:55 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Zip ties and hot glue

By the way, I got a KK cap in the mail, Thanks
I do not know who sent it.
Old Sep 06, 2010, 03:58 PM
CA
Joined Dec 2003
486 Posts
Your work and flying skills are always amazing !! Which version board & programing you using?
blindflight is offline Find More Posts by blindflight
Old Sep 06, 2010, 04:03 PM
Joined Mar 2010
256 Posts
Quote:
Beautifully low tech!
Looks like you used the KDA motor packaging as landing gear (?), which is a nice touch in my low tech opinion.
I'm a big fan of cable ties, especially really cheap nasty chinese ones - They tend to give way fairly easily on impact and save whatever they are holding too much damage. Field repairs are easy too - just a pocket full of spare ties.
jim80 is offline Find More Posts by jim80
Old Sep 06, 2010, 04:03 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Thanks
Board is the SMD V5, and firmware is V1.5.
Old Sep 06, 2010, 04:05 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Yep, good catch, the landing gear is the motor packing foam
Old Sep 06, 2010, 04:36 PM
Montreal, Canada
Joined Sep 2008
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skye View Post
Thank you for confirming this issue. Any picture of your bullet connector? Mine is actually one piece male.
Mine are two-piece male, the connectors that came with HK (Turnigy) motors. I can take pictures if you really want but I doubt they would be very interesting; they look like standard bullet connectors, the prong just happens to be able to spin...
Fulg is offline Find More Posts by Fulg
Old Sep 06, 2010, 05:04 PM
Joined Jan 2008
235 Posts
Nice looking T-tri looks like it's very agile. do you cut down the shafts on those motors?
jonnyc67 is offline Find More Posts by jonnyc67
Old Sep 06, 2010, 05:12 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Thanks
No, they go into the rectangle tubing.
Old Sep 06, 2010, 05:14 PM
Joined Feb 2003
3,753 Posts
Quote:
Here is new software for TriCopter.

I have added a low pass filter on the output to remove the vibration induced servo jitter.

Code:
	b16sub RxInYaw, LowpassOutYaw	;Low pass filter the Yaw control output

b16load RxInYaw
	ldi t,3
	rcall FastDivide
	b16store RxInYaw

b16add LowpassOutYaw, RxInYaw
Also I have doubled the arming/disarming time to make accidental arming/disarming less likely to happen.

I flew the 1.5 version today...Definitely noticed a big reduction in the servo jitter. Also had to adjust my roll gain setting a bit (turn it down) as I had some wag that wasn't there previously. Tri felt smoother with this release.

thanks!
Xnaron is offline Find More Posts by Xnaron