Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 06, 2010, 12:18 AM
Joined Feb 2003
3,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanhTran View Post
I've seen that on my tri with KK code too. Don't know what causes it. I just assumed that it's probably my motors are not equal, and because throttle is already max, gyro can't push the tail motor more to balance the tricopter.
makes sense ...don't think you'd see this in a quad because all motors lift evenly. I'm wondering if in the tricopter software you could factor in some kind off offset at full throttle that would only allow a certain percent of max at the front. this would allow the rear to compensate for the drop on the climbout...or the gyro code for pitch should just drop the front motors down when they are at 100% to compensate.
Xnaron is offline Find More Posts by Xnaron
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2010, 12:31 AM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnaron View Post
makes sense ...don't think you'd see this in a quad because all motors lift evenly. I'm wondering if in the tricopter software you could factor in some kind off offset at full throttle ...
I've seen that in a quad as well. When all motor at max throttle, some wind is gonna knock it off easily because of the same reason. Plus, it's hard to find motors are that are exactly the same. You can see some comments about motor Kv on HobbyKing website for the KDA20-22L motors.

You can limit the throttle range (end point adjustment) on your TX AFTER you've calibrated throttle. Or if you fly it in heli mode, you can change the throttle curve. So that when the throttle stick is max, there is still room for the gyros to work. Just have to remember to unset these whenever you do throttle calibration again.
thanhTran is offline Find More Posts by thanhTran
Old Sep 06, 2010, 12:34 AM
Joined Feb 2003
3,753 Posts
Quote:
I've seen that in a quad as well. When all motor at max throttle, some wind is gonna knock it off easily because of the same reason. Plus, it's hard to find motors are that are exactly the same. You can see some comments about motor Kv on HobbyKing website for the KDA20-22L motors.

You can limit the throttle range (end point adjustment) on your TX AFTER you've calibrated throttle. Or if you fly it in heli mode, you can change the throttle curve. So that when the throttle stick is max, there is still room for the gyros to work. Just have to remember to unset these whenever you do throttle calibration again.
thanks for the tip...I am going to try that.
Xnaron is offline Find More Posts by Xnaron
Old Sep 06, 2010, 12:39 AM
Highland, CA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy_001 View Post
Beautiful work Cyhyam!

Looking forward to the arrival of my board so I can join you with a KKcopter (octo version)
Any detail photos to share of your build?

Greg
I'll get some detail pics up tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg View Post
Niiiiice, congrats cyhyam!

What did you use to make the landing gear? That's one of the challenges I have left on my KKQuad...
The landing gear is 10 ply carbon fiber / epoxy, I laid up and vacuum bagged it. Very strong and light. The skids are Trex 500 and the attachment clamps are DIY formed aluminum.
cyhyam is offline Find More Posts by cyhyam
Old Sep 06, 2010, 12:39 AM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skye View Post
...I measured voltage and current without motor. ...got nothing to lose,
So you just measure the current by sticking the probes to the ESC wires directly? That could blow the fuse inside the meter or worse it could damage the ESC.

I guess some FET's has died. You can try finding which FET has died by comparing it with others and maybe you can fix it, maybe like this: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=15 (I don't think they have same design, but you can find the replacement FETs.)
Old Sep 06, 2010, 12:42 AM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyhyam View Post
I'll get some detail pics up tomorrow.
Since you've flown tricopter for a long time, how do you compare the flight characteristics of the hex compared to tri/quad copters? I'm looking to see if I should commit to building a hex

Thanks Walt!

-Thanh
Old Sep 06, 2010, 12:58 AM
Joined Apr 2010
585 Posts
Hk orders are on the way, I'm building a kk quadcopter
hugy is offline Find More Posts by hugy
Old Sep 06, 2010, 01:44 AM
Cernobbio (Como) Italy
Joined Jun 2010
4 Posts
Quote:[Originally Posted by thanhTran:
Thanks for sharing your idea. It sounds like a surge protection circuit. Any info on what's the spec of the VDR you use? ....][/QUOTE]

I used AVX Varistor VA100014D300DL available at Mouser Electronics for .416$/each for small quantities.
Diego
giandi is offline Find More Posts by giandi
Old Sep 06, 2010, 02:38 AM
Ruimsig, Mogale City (West of Johannesburg)
Joined Apr 2010
3 Posts
Quote:
Hi John

Welcome to RCgroups!

The last time I heard / used Pascal (programming language) was about 12 years ago. Is it still being used? Is that what you meant for Pascal.

I used to go to avrfreaks.net to learn more about Atmel chips. There are some tutorials there as well. If you start new, I would recommend going with C. Assembly is hard to maintain and takes more time write code.

-Thanh
Thanks, Tanh.
Yes, I was referring to Pascal (the programming language). I guess I just became so accostomed to it that I kept it up. I realise I should be going the 'C' route, but at my vintage the grey cells are, well...'not so absorbing'

I've been using the development system from MikroElektronika to develop in Pascal on the PIC range. I have downloaded their C version for the Amtel range and have been toying with the idea of going that route - perhaps now is the time!!

I'll have a look at the link you listed and let you know how I go.

Regards
John
johnht is offline Find More Posts by johnht
Old Sep 06, 2010, 02:39 AM
Joined May 2010
488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyhyam View Post
Very nice. Excellent Photo!
Niall is offline Find More Posts by Niall
Old Sep 06, 2010, 02:57 AM
Joined Aug 2010
16 Posts
Hello,

I am going to build a Quad with a 35mHz RX. How did you solve the problem with the long antenna?

Thanks,
Con
ConWolf is offline Find More Posts by ConWolf
Old Sep 06, 2010, 03:27 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,670 Posts
I have some KK kontrollers for sale.

There are both a V6 TH complete, and 2 V5 SMD. (1 with gyros, 1 without)

Price is 99 euros for a complete, preprogrammed and tested controller! PM me!
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 06, 2010, 03:30 AM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnht View Post
Thanks, Tanh.
Yes, I was referring to Pascal (the programming language). I guess I just became so accostomed to it that I kept it up. I realise I should be going the 'C' route, but at my vintage the grey cells are, well...'not so absorbing'
If you're already familiar with PIC and with Pascal and can use their hardware features (ADC, timers, PWM, captures, etc.), I think you can write a flight controller with those and don't have to go with Atmel. I see a multi rotor flight controller that uses DsPIC in this forum. Not sure if your Pascal compiler can work with it though. I don't know much about PIC 16/32 bits but PIC 8 bit might have problem with performance. 8-bit PIC uses 4 clocks to do one instruction, and every time you make some copy you need to use the W register which can bloat the code a lot.

-Thanh
Old Sep 06, 2010, 03:33 AM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giandi View Post
I used AVX Varistor VA100014D300DL available at Mouser Electronics for .416$/each for small quantities.
Diego
Thanks for the information Diego!

-thanh
Old Sep 06, 2010, 03:36 AM
Härnösand, Sweden
Joined Apr 2010
112 Posts
Auto-stablizied camera mount on tris and quads?

Hi,

One of the goals i have with my tri is to do aerial photos with camera facing downwards. A method to automatically put the cam in level plane with the ground is desirable.
Found one guy using the FMA-pilot Auto-stabilized camera mount.

I like his solution but i have no experience of FMA. Looks like he is using a older version of FMA? I noticed that hobbyking sells FMA but it feels like i get more then i need.
There is always that battle to find a lowfund solution...

Anyone out there using a similiar method?? Feels like overkill to use another KK-board.

Any suggestions??

This might be a question for a FPV-thread but im sure some of you guys have made a solution im looking for.

/Z
Zoomzky is offline Find More Posts by Zoomzky