"Let's put a camera on that.."
Twin Cities, MN
Joined Feb 2010
1,063 Posts
This video is currently marked as private so it's not viewable

Quote:
Originally Posted by alll View Post
Hi,
a small video of the KK through hole board V6 (quad v4.5) for info and maybe newcomers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD90pZ8gNBM

Everything seems to work, now the build of the quad!

KK,
Is it possible to make the arming/disarming time longer to initiate, let say 5 seconds. I fear that in flight, you could arrive in a situation where you disarm!

thanks,

manuLRK
spagoziak is offline Find More Posts by spagoziak
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:55 PM
Canada, AB, Vegreville
Joined Jun 2009
171 Posts
The very best angle I have found is the one that makes sense for you. As long as the motors are spaced 120 degrees apart on a circle, how you hold them there is whatever turns you on. I think the 120 degree arm angle came from the old days(about 2 years ago) when people started using a 120 heli mix on their transmitters and just gyros on the tri, so of course the arms had to be at 120 also to allow you to line up the gyros.

IMHO even that spacing isn't that critical. I've flown a tri where one of the motors moved on the arm about 2 inches and didn't even notice the difference. Course that could be just my flying.

I'm just going to run and put my hard hat on(camera on it of course).

Bill
SupraGo is offline Find More Posts by SupraGo
Old Aug 21, 2010, 12:57 AM
"Let's put a camera on that.."
Twin Cities, MN
Joined Feb 2010
1,063 Posts
Thanh, you're scaring me!

I have 940kv motors on order (mysteries) and 9x3.8 props! Am I too facing small prop, poor yaw issue? I'll be flying on the exact frame (jakub's).

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanhTran View Post
Hi Jens
Tricopter can have somewhat faster yaw than that of quadcopter, but it is definitely not crazy fast like a regular heli. The yaw is even slower when you have a bigger tri/bigger quad. It also depends on the size of the prop you choose.
-Thanh
spagoziak is offline Find More Posts by spagoziak
Old Aug 21, 2010, 01:41 AM
Kansas, USA
Joined Aug 2010
52 Posts
spagoziak, can you make that video not private so we can see it?
coda vex is offline Find More Posts by coda vex
Old Aug 21, 2010, 01:42 AM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob4432 View Post
thanTran - i think this might be confusing people - from the first page -
Hi Bob

I'm not sure how my post could confuse someone. What you quote talks about figuring what direction the pot uses and how to get into programming mode.

My post is to tell people to not going to the programming mode when they don't want any programming mode and just want to see if their build is working & the board is seeing the RX. And the board is seeing the RX when the light is solid on.

Isn't that my post?

Thanks

Thanh
thanhTran is offline Find More Posts by thanhTran
Old Aug 21, 2010, 01:45 AM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spagoziak View Post
Thanh, you're scaring me!

I have 940kv motors on order (mysteries) and 9x3.8 props! Am I too facing small prop, poor yaw issue? I'll be flying on the exact frame (jakub's).
I guess it depends on how fast you expect the yaw is. I think your motor & prop choice are fine. Sorry to scare you.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 01:51 AM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,533 Posts
Quote:
private video
sorryiii

i had asked kk about the arming time too and was quickly responded by kk w/ the instructions on how to do it -

i have done it and re-compiled, but this is my first time compiling - no errors or anything but i want to fly w/ unmodified kk code first just to make sure
I will surely try to do this later, first make it flying ...

hope this helps
sure!

Thanks
KKquadrocopter (2 min 41 sec)
alll is offline Find More Posts by alll
Old Aug 21, 2010, 01:54 AM
United States, AZ
Joined May 2010
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanhTran View Post
Hi Bob

I'm not sure how my post could confuse someone. What you quote talks about figuring what direction the pot uses and how to get into programming mode.

My post is to tell people to not going to the programming mode when they don't want any programming mode and just want to see if their build is working & the board is seeing the RX. And the board is seeing the RX when the light is solid on.

Isn't that my post?

Thanks

Thanh
Thanh - i don't think you are confusing people, but the first page is a bit confusing, not written by you.

bob
bob4432 is offline Find More Posts by bob4432
Old Aug 21, 2010, 01:55 AM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nattawoot_s View Post
This is my tricopter with KDS Flymentor's gyro and KK's firmware V1.3.
I changed Vref from 1.65V to 3.2V.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X78z8qnNf2g
Nice! It feels very solid. Someone was asking at the beginning of this thread if KK code would work in T style tricopter. Your video is the second video that would confirm it (the first was Kaptein tiny tricopter video I believe). I guess you shot the video in a school? It reminds me of my high school
Old Aug 21, 2010, 01:58 AM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyhyam View Post
I built up another board and the jitter was identical so I donít think I made any mistakes there.

The solution I came up with was to unplug the rudder channel to the KK controller and use a dedicated gyro just for yaw. Now I have no jitter and can set the yaw in heading hold. Maybe not the most elegant solution but it works.
That sounds good. Thanks for the info!
Old Aug 21, 2010, 02:05 AM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,533 Posts
Quote:
thanTran - i think this might be confusing people - from the first page -
Mmm, (my fault...) I had to re-read carefully KK first post to get it done! I managed to reverse the pots (max gain is now fully CW) , and i managed to reverse the roll gyro.

KK,
Is it normal that changing the pot values will affect the gyro gain AND the stick authority? My board (TH V6 Quad v4.5) will affect both! Lowering the pots to a minimum, will lower the stick authority to almost nothing!?!?

manuLRK
Old Aug 21, 2010, 02:10 AM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob.titus View Post
I personally don't think disarming the motors in flight on a gyros only machine is a concern, the 2 seconds delay probably already is much longer than on other platforms I have flown.
To explain why : there are very little chances that you would use no throttle at all in flight since the quad would flip right away, and then activating full yaw at the same time is even less probable, especially not for 2 long seconds... Anyway, 2 seconds with no throttle and full yaw, the quad is crashed before you had a chance to disarm the motors...

FWIW,
Bob
Yes, i can still switch to "Idle1 mode=flying mode" (increase the throttle curve above 1ms)...

manuLRK
Old Aug 21, 2010, 02:13 AM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox View Post
hehe, this is the 3axis gyro LYPR540 i washed it too hot

I am still convinced that vibration is affecting the gyro! Your board is attached to 2 points only, and the gyro is at one not attached extreme. This will start more easily to vibrate.
manuLRK
Old Aug 21, 2010, 02:22 AM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nattawoot_s View Post
This is my tricopter with KDS Flymentor's gyro and KK's firmware V1.3.
I changed Vref from 1.65V to 3.2V.
Why changing the Vref, can you explain the reason for doing this, and how you did this?

[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Navy]

thanks,
manuLRK
Last edited by alll; Aug 21, 2010 at 03:52 AM.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 02:23 AM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spagoziak View Post
This video is currently marked as private so it's not viewable
made it public, sorry
manuLRK