HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 11, 2010, 05:12 AM
Jakub J's Avatar
Krakow/POLAND
Joined Dec 2009
1,701 Posts
Wires inside arms or outside?

One more questions about frames

Do you prefer put wires from motor to ESC inside
arms or wires can be outside?

Wire hidden inside profiles looks nice, but in case
of impact will be source of additional work...
I prefer wires outside - mounted using tape.

And you?

Jakub
Jakub J is offline Find More Posts by Jakub J
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2010, 05:13 AM
a little boy's dream come true
bob.titus's Avatar
France, Corse, Santo-Pietro-di-Tenda
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaassie View Post
You managed to change Ohms law?!!
Before it always was U=I*R
Hope you guys are not gonna start an endless discussion as for energy, power, gravity, flight time, the Universe and Everything (DA)...
If so, why don't you open your own "formulas" faq thread

Bob
bob.titus is offline Find More Posts by bob.titus
Last edited by bob.titus; Aug 11, 2010 at 05:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2010, 05:17 AM
a little boy's dream come true
bob.titus's Avatar
France, Corse, Santo-Pietro-di-Tenda
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
the point being NOT to impact or crash, I always prefer clean designs.
Then, my point of view is that most frames are designed for + mode but used for AVP or FPV.
In this case, + is wrong, it should be X mode with a clear POV between the arms.
I will send you more feeedback about the frame as soon as I finally receive the motors!

fwiw,
Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakub J View Post
One more questions about frames

Do you prefer put wires from motor to ESC inside
arms or wires can be outside?

Wire hidden inside profiles looks nice, but in case
of impact will be source of additional work...
I prefer wires outside - mounted using tape.

And you?

Jakub
bob.titus is offline Find More Posts by bob.titus
Last edited by bob.titus; Aug 11, 2010 at 05:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2010, 05:18 AM
Tinkerer
don_cocinero's Avatar
Earth
Joined Oct 2005
388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le_duke View Post
@don_cocinero my doubts is not about HK but about what's in my shopping cart
OK. I hope you get your your stuff quicker than I am these days.

With your shopping cart:
The DT 750 motors are quite efficient and good for the job IMHO.
I would choose the turnigy plush ESCs every time.
I am not a fan of triblade props but I have seen other people use them with no complaints. My preference here is 10x4.7 apc, they cost more but last longer.

Hope this helps you.
Cheers
don_cocinero is offline Find More Posts by don_cocinero
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2010, 05:20 AM
Registered User
NL
Joined Nov 2009
304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob.titus View Post
Hope you guys are not gonna start the same discussion as for energy, power, gravity, flight time, the Universe and Everything (DA)...
Nah! 42! :-)
rewolff is offline Find More Posts by rewolff
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2010, 05:53 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2009
10 Posts
Thx for your help don_cocinero !

PS : one more thing : For the battery do you think that I will got 15min of autonomy with a 3s 4500mah ?
Le_duke is offline Find More Posts by Le_duke
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2010, 06:03 AM
a little boy's dream come true
bob.titus's Avatar
France, Corse, Santo-Pietro-di-Tenda
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le_duke View Post
Thx for your help don_cocinero !

PS : one more thing : For the battery do you think that I will got 15min of autonomy with a 3s 4500mah ?
just do the math

Bob

bob.titus is offline Find More Posts by bob.titus
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2010, 06:05 AM
throw new IOPilotException();
IceWind's Avatar
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,616 Posts
kapteinkuk,

I was checking your video for the camera pan/tilt software.
You've placed the tilt gyro on the camera mount itself, was that for any specific reason?
The camera mount is statically attached to the main frame, wouldn't the main board gyros signal be enough or was it to
filter some vibrations?


I'd like to play around with this, and my ideas was to re-use the signals from the gyro sensors already on the copter board to probably feed a second board that will take care of the camera stabilization. Mainly because it needs further inputs for the camera movement itself.

Not sure if more are working on this as well, it would be great to share some ideas.
And end up having a really smooth camera system.
IceWind is offline Find More Posts by IceWind
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2010, 06:13 AM
a little boy's dream come true
bob.titus's Avatar
France, Corse, Santo-Pietro-di-Tenda
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
I second Don on all he says here, appart from the props.
I would use APC1238 with the DT750, it's a much more efficient combo.
With the APC1047, I would go for KD20-22L or KD20-20L, cheap and very well proven motors on such platforms.

Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by don_cocinero View Post
With your shopping cart:
The DT 750 motors are quite efficient and good for the job IMHO.
I would choose the turnigy plush ESCs every time.
I am not a fan of triblade props but I have seen other people use them with no complaints. My preference here is 10x4.7 apc, they cost more but last longer.

Hope this helps you.
Cheers
bob.titus is offline Find More Posts by bob.titus
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2010, 07:00 AM
Registered User
Norway Haugesund
Joined Jun 2010
329 Posts
Hello again all

So i finaly got one pcb finished, and the propellers from www.himodel.com has arrived

Anyone tried the GWS 3 blade propellers? Im not shure if it is the right choice but they see okay to me, realy flexy and light! will try to balance them and se if it will do the job

The Jakub pcb board was realy good to work on, thanx Jakub! looks realy good!
culexus is offline Find More Posts by culexus
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2010, 07:13 AM
Tinkerer
don_cocinero's Avatar
Earth
Joined Oct 2005
388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob.titus View Post
I second Don on all he says here, appart from the props.
I would use APC1238 with the DT750, it's a much more efficient combo.
With the APC1047, I would go for KD20-22L or KD20-20L, cheap and very well proven motors on such platforms.

Bob
That.s also true Bob - I only use 20-22 (hence 1047)

@Le_Duke
As Bob says regarding flight times: just do the math...(Another Bob Quote)
It is actually a very reliable calculation.

Cheers
don_cocinero is offline Find More Posts by don_cocinero
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2010, 07:28 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,408 Posts
So the Gents in the German Mk site who are claiming 30 minutes or the hexa and an hour for the octo are doing fuzzy math...or is it funny math?
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by don_cocinero View Post
That.s also true Bob - I only use 20-22 (hence 1047)

@Le_Duke
As Bob says regarding flight times: just do the math...(Another Bob Quote)
It is actually a very reliable calculation.

Cheers
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2010, 07:46 AM
a little boy's dream come true
bob.titus's Avatar
France, Corse, Santo-Pietro-di-Tenda
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
well, that's a good point Jim, but I don't think it is because of "funny logic"
I've always seen some of the figures (and motorisation combos claimed to be the best) found on some multirotors thread as obvious desinformation maneuver.
There is a growing market in AVP business, and everything good enough to confuse potential concurence and gain time seems to be the reason for it.
So imho, best is you guys run tests and do the math for yourselves and you'll see that getting 30 minutes flight time with AVP machines is a difficult task, and close to impossible if you want to lift a dslr or similar weight for such LONG time.

fwiw,
Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
So the Gents in the German Mk site who are claiming 30 minutes or the hexa and an hour for the octo are doing fuzzy math...or is it funny math?
Cheers,
Jim
bob.titus is offline Find More Posts by bob.titus
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2010, 08:03 AM
"Let's put a camera on that.."
spagoziak's Avatar
Twin Cities, MN
Joined Feb 2010
1,063 Posts
I've flown my easystar FPV with a cheapie hk 2.4 system that never had an issue. I did have the vtx on the tail and the plane rx in the nose though. This time around I'm using a spektrum dsm 2. Hoping for the same results

Quote:
Originally Posted by patricklupo View Post
It's probably not a show stopper. 500mW is a lot of power for close range FPV (<1/4 mile) so you may not notice any issues. Also bear in mind that I and a few others have had issues with 900MHz interfering with 2.4GHz R/C links so do a ground range test if your using Spektrum or similar. I had a cheapie ESky 2.4GHz spectrum radio on my heli and turning on a 200mW 900MHz Vtx shortened the ground range from 550ft down to 60ft. DPCAV carries a 900Mhz low pass filter that may help but I haven't tried one.
spagoziak is offline Find More Posts by spagoziak
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2010, 08:16 AM
My Karma ran over my Dogma
fireslayer26's Avatar
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Feb 2010
950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
kapteinkuk,

I was checking your video for the camera pan/tilt software.
You've placed the tilt gyro on the camera mount itself, was that for any specific reason?
The camera mount is statically attached to the main frame, wouldn't the main board gyros signal be enough or was it to
filter some vibrations?


I'd like to play around with this, and my ideas was to re-use the signals from the gyro sensors already on the copter board to probably feed a second board that will take care of the camera stabilization. Mainly because it needs further inputs for the camera movement itself.

Not sure if more are working on this as well, it would be great to share some ideas.
And end up having a really smooth camera system.
Which video are you referring to? Link?
fireslayer26 is offline Find More Posts by fireslayer26
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Quadrotor brushless controller airbotix Multirotor Talk 63 Aug 06, 2010 11:15 AM
Discussion ALPO -Aerobatic Low Parts count Original design. Brian Courtice Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 8 Sep 21, 2009 03:57 AM
Discussion Any tips for my first flight with a low wing plane? Warthog_Fan Fuel Plane Talk 4 Sep 06, 2009 07:53 AM
Help! Need help with Low-cost QuadRotor Hero.sl Coaxial Helicopters 5 Jun 28, 2009 02:26 AM
Question Searching Simple Controller for Free Flight flymax Power Systems 8 Jan 07, 2006 10:07 AM