Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:13 AM
Went to mow a meadow
Joined Feb 2007
1,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomzky View Post
Hi Frank!

I only get the beepcodes that correspond to settings like LIPO-autodetect, brake enabled/disabled. Is there a universal beepcode for throttleadjustment?

my manual for ESC's are ummm not very informative.. http://www.suppomodel.com/ESC/Simple...rogramming.pdf

I have seen the unsynced motorsproblem in thread but dont know how they solved it

/Z
Hi

Plug the esc into the thottle channel on your rx, switch on tx go to full throttle - switch on rx and wait for 2 beeps from esc (from memory if its not right somebody will chime in... ) return throttle stick to low - esc will do normal beeps and thats it
Do each one snd you should be sorted

Frank
frank48 is offline Find More Posts by frank48
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2010, 11:20 AM
Speed Nut
Joined Jan 2010
479 Posts
I am really enjoying this KaptainKUK controller. Improvements are visible as opposed to the standard 4 gyros. The gain can be set higher, and the code is doing the rest.

There are some things I am discovering, like the importance of alignment of the gyros to the various axes. The more aligned the gyros are the higher you can set the gain without the gyros fighting each other and giving the hideous oscillations.
Using the 4 gyros, perfection isn't really achievable, because the boards inside the case aren't pefectly aligned themselves, and it doesn't seem to be making much of a difference, since the copter flies OK anyway. Using the kkcontroller, alignment becomes most important

These things should be written on the first page to help newbies like myself, though.
MarcAntonio is offline Find More Posts by MarcAntonio
Old Jul 18, 2010, 12:07 PM
vtol fan
Joined Jul 2009
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcAntonio View Post
I am really enjoying this KaptainKUK controller. Improvements are visible as opposed to the standard 4 gyros. The gain can be set higher, and the code is doing the rest.

There are some things I am discovering, like the importance of alignment of the gyros to the various axes. The more aligned the gyros are the higher you can set the gain without the gyros fighting each other and giving the hideous oscillations.
Using the 4 gyros, perfection isn't really achievable, because the boards inside the case aren't pefectly aligned themselves, and it doesn't seem to be making much of a difference, since the copter flies OK anyway. Using the kkcontroller, alignment becomes most important

These things should be written on the first page to help newbies like myself, though.
hi MarcAntonio!
is possibil to make a video and share with us!?...today i send one email to jakub j. ..i want to buy a kit from him!
best regards!
ciao.....
nadine is offline Find More Posts by nadine
Old Jul 18, 2010, 12:45 PM
Speed Nut
Joined Jan 2010
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadine View Post
hi MarcAntonio!
is possibil to make a video and share with us!?...today i send one email to jakub j. ..i want to buy a kit from him!
best regards!
ciao.....
Definitely, I will make a video tomorrow afternoon Italian time, after work.

For comparison you can search a few videos of the tricopter with the standard gyros on youtube, search coveranonimo on youtube, and there are 3 videos of test flying the tricopter with the standard gyros. Then you will see the improvement with the KKcontroller once the video is uploaded
Old Jul 18, 2010, 01:02 PM
vtol fan
Joined Jul 2009
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcAntonio View Post
Definitely, I will make a video tomorrow afternoon Italian time, after work.

For comparison you can search a few videos of the tricopter with the standard gyros on youtube, search coveranonimo on youtube, and there are 3 videos of test flying the tricopter with the standard gyros. Then you will see the improvement with the KKcontroller once the video is uploaded
thanks!
i seen coveranonimo on you tube!....i am anxious for tomorow
good luck !!!!
Old Jul 18, 2010, 01:16 PM
vtol fan
Joined Jul 2009
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakub J View Post
Finally i have a few PCBs with or without parts for sale.

Black and green PCBs are almost identical - both working ok.

Price:

- PCB with gyro holder - 14euro,
- PCB + gyro holder + all parts (omit gyros!) - 29euro,

Gyro holder is PVC element holding YAW gyroscope in place:
http://www.skanowanie.com.pl/4yeo/pcb_bracket.jpg

Promotional offer I you will buy my frame...
http://www.kkmulticopter.com/index.p...w=annonce&id=3
...with PCB or PCB + parts you will get free strong plastic
box for protection your controller!

Frame + PCB - 61euro (box free!)
Frame + PCB + parts - 76euro (box free!)

Parcel cost for PCB:
ECONOMIC parcel cost - 4.5euro anywhere.
PRIORITY parcel cost - 7euro anywhere.

For frame + PCB.
Economic parcel - 9euro anywhere.
Priority parcel - Europa, Americas, Africa, Azja - 13euro.
Australia - 22euro.

Payement by PayPal, will send a few days after.

If you are interested please SEND EMAIL to me:
sale@quadframe.com - is easier to control e-mails than PM.

Jakub
hi jakub!
i send to you email !do you received!?
i want to buy one kit from you!..please send me pm or email!
regards!
Old Jul 18, 2010, 01:21 PM
Speed Nut
Joined Jan 2010
479 Posts
well, it's the same copter with same props and motors and frame, so the only difference will be the controller vs the gyros.

I still have to dial it in perfectly though, and I am not such a great heli pilot, but you feel more confidence with the controller, maybe because with the gyros, each arm is being controlled independently from the other arm, every gyro only knows about one motor, while on this controller the focus is on the airframe, one gyro for pitch, and one for roll keep it stable plus the yaw of course. I am just trying to understand the differences... observing the beaviour of the motors etc.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 01:28 PM
United States, AZ
Joined May 2010
1,820 Posts
anybody have a single sided board design in eagle for making a programmer for the non-smd atmega chip? w/ the 6pin isp connector and whatever else is needed?

tia,
bob
bob4432 is offline Find More Posts by bob4432
Old Jul 18, 2010, 02:05 PM
Härnösand, Sweden
Joined Apr 2010
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank48 View Post
Hi

Plug the esc into the thottle channel on your rx, switch on tx go to full throttle - switch on rx and wait for 2 beeps from esc (from memory if its not right somebody will chime in... ) return throttle stick to low - esc will do normal beeps and thats it
Do each one snd you should be sorted

Frank
Hi Frank,

Thanks for effort but it doesnt matter which beepsequence i move throttle to off position. Maybe faulty ESC, im clueless. I have spent evening trying different beepcodes, on 2 ESC's directly on to RX until i ran out of battery on TX. I will buy some better ESC's instead. The problem is still there, one motor starts a couple of clicks before the next one....

Could someone in forum tell me what ESC's to buy??

/Z
Zoomzky is offline Find More Posts by Zoomzky
Old Jul 18, 2010, 03:40 PM
Went to mow a meadow
Joined Feb 2007
1,432 Posts
Quote:
Hi Frank,

Thanks for effort but it doesnt matter which beepsequence i move throttle to off position. Maybe faulty ESC, im clueless. I have spent evening trying different beepcodes, on 2 ESC's directly on to RX until i ran out of battery on TX. I will buy some better ESC's instead. The problem is still there, one motor starts a couple of clicks before the next one....

Could someone in forum tell me what ESC's to buy??

/Z
OK - lets try again - this should work, it works on all the escs I have. Do everything in the correct sequence ----

Turn off your transmitter and move the throttle to max (top)

Turn on your receiver

Ok, now that your receiver is on (Going to assume your esc is plugged into your receiver and motor as it needs to be for this procedure)

Turn on your transmitter. (leave the throttle at wide open (top)

You will hear a series of tones, then you will hear BEEP BEEP.

Quickly move your throttle to fully closed (leave the transmitter on)

You will then hear the esc count your lipo cells, then one long BEEP.

Your esc has now learned the max throttle and minimum throttle.

Frank
frank48 is offline Find More Posts by frank48
Old Jul 18, 2010, 04:25 PM
Härnösand, Sweden
Joined Apr 2010
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank48 View Post
OK - lets try again - this should work, it works on all the escs I have. Do everything in the correct sequence ----

Turn off your transmitter and move the throttle to max (top)

Turn on your receiver

Ok, now that your receiver is on (Going to assume your esc is plugged into your receiver and motor as it needs to be for this procedure)

Turn on your transmitter. (leave the throttle at wide open (top)

You will hear a series of tones, then you will hear BEEP BEEP.

Quickly move your throttle to fully closed (leave the transmitter on)

You will then hear the esc count your lipo cells, then one long BEEP.

Your esc has now learned the max throttle and minimum throttle.

Frank
Hi again,

This is a neverending story

I have followed your instructions and heres what happens...

When i powered up the receiver i got a sequence that repeats forever.
beep *paus* beep
beep beep *paus* beep beep
beep beep beep *paus* beep beep beep
starts all over

Found a post describing beepcodes http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...l#post14929432

I have tried every single of them and still motors out of sync.
And according to the manual and in post above im just setting parameters and not throttel min/max.

Cos im a noob in the rcworld i would appriciate a link to another ESC that suits my DT750's?

/Z
Old Jul 18, 2010, 04:34 PM
Joined Feb 2003
3,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Barton View Post
I think you need to use something like these
I havn't used them myself so can't comment any more.
Thanks! These would probably work...might need to make some of the pads bigger.
Xnaron is offline Find More Posts by Xnaron
Old Jul 18, 2010, 04:36 PM
Härnösand, Sweden
Joined Apr 2010
112 Posts
Suitable ESC?

http://www.rc711.com/shop/hobbywing-...ml?cPath=27_42

Motors HK DT750, tricopterbuild, 2200 LIPO 3S1p 25C

/Z
Old Jul 18, 2010, 06:14 PM
Joined Jun 2010
32 Posts
Quote:
Hi again,

This is a neverending story

I have followed your instructions and heres what happens...

When i powered up the receiver i got a sequence that repeats forever.
beep *paus* beep
beep beep *paus* beep beep
beep beep beep *paus* beep beep beep
starts all over

Found a post describing beepcodes http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...l#post14929432

I have tried every single of them and still motors out of sync.
And according to the manual and in post above im just setting parameters and not throttel min/max.

Cos im a noob in the rcworld i would appriciate a link to another ESC that suits my DT750's?

/Z
Did you turn the YAW pot down to zero before on the control board? If you did, try to turn it to max and retest (as the pots from the gyros can be backwards apparently, so what logically should be 0% are really 100%).

Here is the programming manual for the HobbyKing SS series ESC:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...70X6468X52.pdf

You could also disconnect everything from your receiver and only connect the ESC, one by one, to the throttle port on the receiver. And then try to go into the programming mode and set options according to the manual above. And when the first ESC is programmed ok, save the settings, disconnect it and connect the next and restart the procedure and so on until you have programmed all the ESC.
Then reconnect everything and fly.
jorgen is offline Find More Posts by jorgen
Old Jul 18, 2010, 06:14 PM
Göteborg, Sweden
Joined Jun 2009
12 Posts
Overpowered hexa -- handling?

I'm about to order all the components to build a six rotor machine with the KK controller.

I'd like to be able to fly with heavy DSLRs mounted. For this reason I'm looking at motors that can produce up to 2800 watts of power (in total).

The airframe itself will of course be built to carry quite heavy payloads, but it will still weigh way less than the payload. Any idea how it would behave when flying without any payload? Touch the throttle just a little and it will rocket into the sky? That would probably make it really hard to fly
dsandlund is offline Find More Posts by dsandlund