HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 03, 2010, 11:51 AM
KC9TPL- Get Legit
USA, IN, Bloomington
Joined Aug 2007
829 Posts
trimmer pots

I swapped out the 20k trimmer pots from my 401k's and put in these 10k's from mouser:

http://mouser.com/Search/ProductDeta...2-3314J-1-103E

The tri was much easier to trim and I was able to get rid of all the wobbles. I think they are still reversed (all the way clockwise is off) but they work great.
BloomingtonFPV is offline Find More Posts by BloomingtonFPV
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2010, 11:57 AM
Joined May 2010
488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyhyam View Post
I think there is meant to be a xml file with the details of that chip in the chip library for the program to be able to support it.

However I just had a look at that page on your programmer on ebay and it did not mention supporting Atmega328P . Might be cheaper to buy a supported chip than another more hard core programmer...
Niall is offline Find More Posts by Niall
Last edited by Niall; Jul 03, 2010 at 12:02 PM.
Old Jul 03, 2010, 12:29 PM
Highland, CA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niall View Post
I think there is meant to be a xml file with the details of that chip in the chip library for the program to be able to support it.

However I just had a look at that page on your programmer on ebay and it did not mention supporting Atmega328P . Might be cheaper to buy a supported chip than another more hard core programmer...
I don't think it is a programmer (hardware) issue. eXtreme Burner is the AVI burner program that does not have the data base for the 328P. Their web site has a Q&A and there have been questions about chips not in the database and they suggested to create a data base for that chip.
Now I am trying to find all the info, this is what the chips.xml database looks like for the ATmega88

<NAME>ATmega88</NAME>
<FLASH>8192</FLASH>
<EEPROM>512</EEPROM> .......... change 512 to 1024
<SIG>0x000A931E</SIG> ........... change 0x000A931E to 0X000F951E
<PAGE>64</PAGE> ....................change 64 to 256
<LFUSE>YES</LFUSE>
<HFUSE>YES</HFUSE>
<EFUSE>YES</EFUSE>
<LOCK>YES</LOCK>
<CALIB>YES</CALIB>
cyhyam is online now Find More Posts by cyhyam
Old Jul 03, 2010, 02:27 PM
Why walking when you can fly ?
France, IdF, Clamart
Joined Mar 2007
109 Posts
Hello all,

After trying the kapteinkuk quad on 420RCpilot PCB with separte gyro board, I received yesterday JacubJ all in one PCB. So I did solder it and it seems to work but the LED doesn't stay on as with previous pcb. It blinks slowly and stays like that.

Doesn't anyone knows what does this mean ?

By the way, I was testing it in my living room and tomorrow, I will give it a real maiden flight. I will give you feedback as it is the first time that I will fly a quad in X mode
fmelle is offline Find More Posts by fmelle
Last edited by fmelle; Jul 03, 2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old Jul 03, 2010, 03:37 PM
United States, AZ
Joined May 2010
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420RcPilot View Post
Hobbywing are identical to Turnigy Plush.

Alternatives could be Mystery Blue from HK - downside is no programming card, but has nice features like 16 Khz switching rate for motors and software reverse. I use those on my quad and they work just as good as Plush.

Also RC-timer ESC´s are same as Hobbywing (OEM)....

TowerHobbies are not only slow, but also way overpriced. 2 years ago I bought a 15 dollar part from them, and they keep sending me catalouges 4 times a year - I suspect that is pretty expensive......and that the cost is forwarded to custumers by overpricing items. Like 29.99 dollars for an 800 Mah 3S 20C....LOL
thanks for the info, will look for some of the others
bob4432 is offline Find More Posts by bob4432
Old Jul 03, 2010, 04:00 PM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmelle View Post
After trying thé kapteinkuk quad on 420RCpilot Pcb with separte gyro board, I recevied yesterday JacubJ all in one PCB. So I did solder it and it seems to work but the LED doesn't stay on as with previous pcb. It blinks slowly and stays like that.

I'm not aware of slow flashing with Kaptein's software. After the RX receives a low signal on the throttle for some seconds, it will turn on the LED solidly. Are you sure the LED is not loosen?

-Thanh
thanhTran is offline Find More Posts by thanhTran
Old Jul 03, 2010, 04:20 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadde View Post
Thank you KapteinKUK for developing this flight controller. I love mine and it has helped me make pretty good FPV videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S99O7sKcbBE
Cheers,
David
Thanks
You have some fine videos
kapteinkuk is offline Find More Posts by kapteinkuk
Old Jul 03, 2010, 04:30 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloomingtonFPV View Post
I swapped out the 20k trimmer pots from my 401k's and put in these 10k's from mouser:

http://mouser.com/Search/ProductDeta...2-3314J-1-103E

The tri was much easier to trim and I was able to get rid of all the wobbles. I think they are still reversed (all the way clockwise is off) but they work great.
10 or 20k pot size should not make any difference

You can reverse the direction of the pots, see the first post.
Old Jul 03, 2010, 04:34 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Quote:
Hello all,

After trying thé kapteinkuk quad on 420RCpilot Pcb with separte gyro board, I recevied yesterday JacubJ all in one PCB. So I did solder it and it seems to work but the LED doesn't stay on as with previous pcb. It blinks slowly and stays like that.

By the way, I was testing it in my living room and tomorrow, I will give it a real maiden flight. I will give you feedback as it is the first time that I will fly a quad in X mode
Is your fuse settings correct? CKDIV8 unchecked?
Old Jul 03, 2010, 04:44 PM
Why walking when you can fly ?
France, IdF, Clamart
Joined Mar 2007
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk View Post
Is your fuse settings correct? CKDIV8 unchecked?
Well, The ATMega is the same as in my former setup. I just moved it from a board to the other one ...

LED was a 3mm red one on the 420RCPilot PCB and a 5mm yellow one on JacubJ PCB. The only difference is that I used 47 uF tantalum and not the 2.2 uF ones. But I don't think that it could change anything (btw I use 4.3 firmware).

The question is : if it flies fine tomorrow, is it a big deal ?
fmelle is offline Find More Posts by fmelle
Old Jul 03, 2010, 05:06 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Quote:
Well, The ATMega is the same as in my former setup. I just moved it from a board to the other one ...

LED was a 3mm red one on the 420RCPilot PCB and a 5mm yellow one on JacubJ PCB. The only difference is that I used 47 uF tantalum and not the 2.2 uF ones. But I don't think that it could change anything (btw I use 4.3 firmware).

The question is : if it flies fine tomorrow, is it a big deal ?
There is no slow continous blinking in the software. What is the frequency? It might be resetting itself.
Old Jul 03, 2010, 05:12 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
A note about the ESC's: increase the timing. With the recomended Turnigy Plush series and the renamed similar ESC's set the timing to medium.

If you use the low timing, the motor might stop and make that screaming sound. This can espesially happen during violent manouvers. It loses the sync with the motor.
Old Jul 03, 2010, 06:09 PM
BRAZIL
Joined Jul 2010
77 Posts
Hello kapteinkuk...
I am from Brazil sorry my english.
I am very interested in your PCB V5 sells these cards you already have the software?
need one that can be used in a Tricopter.
Crissbrasil is offline Find More Posts by Crissbrasil
Old Jul 03, 2010, 08:12 PM
United States, AZ
Joined May 2010
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crissbrasil View Post
Hello kapteinkuk...
I am from Brazil sorry my english.
I am very interested in your PCB V5 sells these cards you already have the software?
need one that can be used in a Tricopter.
crissbrasil -

i got my v5 boards from Scorpia, he is in Australia and the boards look/are very good . hope this helps you out,
bob
bob4432 is offline Find More Posts by bob4432
Old Jul 03, 2010, 10:43 PM
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,634 Posts
Creating a xml file for it with correct memory size and chip signature may get it working. If not avrdude software does support 328P and lists an ATtiny programmer so it may work also. I have a 328 xml file for my atmel programmer but way more chip info in it than what was listed but it might help.

ATmega328P
FLASH=32768

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyhyam View Post
I don't think it is a programmer (hardware) issue. eXtreme Burner is the AVI burner program that does not have the data base for the 328P. Their web site has a Q&A and there have been questions about chips not in the database and they suggested to create a data base for that chip.
Now I am trying to find all the info, this is what the chips.xml database looks like for the ATmega88

<NAME>ATmega88</NAME>
<FLASH>8192</FLASH>
<EEPROM>512</EEPROM> .......... change 512 to 1024
<SIG>0x000A931E</SIG> ........... change 0x000A931E to 0X000F951E
<PAGE>64</PAGE> ....................change 64 to 256
<LFUSE>YES</LFUSE>
<HFUSE>YES</HFUSE>
<EFUSE>YES</EFUSE>
<LOCK>YES</LOCK>
<CALIB>YES</CALIB>
pug398 is offline Find More Posts by pug398
Last edited by pug398; Jul 03, 2010 at 11:11 PM.