HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 01, 2010, 02:20 PM
Member FPV UK
Isle of Wight, UK
Joined Apr 2010
729 Posts
Thanks I'll click the buy button now then.

I have a built KKv4 board and just waiting for the controller to turn up so I can start the final stages.

Mike.
IWCoburg is offline Find More Posts by IWCoburg
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2010, 02:31 PM
Went to mow a meadow
Joined Feb 2007
1,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darek53 View Post
I tried gyros LPY550AL
They work very well.
They are cheaper than HK401B and need only two.
Great stuff ... Do you know of a european supplier?

Thanks
Frank
frank48 is offline Find More Posts by frank48
Old Jul 01, 2010, 02:43 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Deutschland
Joined Nov 2009
660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank48 View Post
Great stuff ... Do you know of a european supplier?
- http://www.lipoly.de/index.php?main_...ucts_id=103900
- http://www.sander-electronic.de

jürgen
JUERGEN_ is offline Find More Posts by JUERGEN_
Old Jul 01, 2010, 02:54 PM
United States, AZ
Joined May 2010
1,820 Posts
since the 18 & 25A turnigy plush esc have become unobtanium lately, any other recommendations that are known to work well w/ this controller? or should i just go the plush 30A (main reason is as i wait for the 18-25s to come back in stock, other items on my list become out of stock .

will be running the rctimer type 750KV (2830-14) motors w/ 1047 apc props - was going to add a couple batts to my hk order. thinking of either a couple 3000mah or 1 3000mah & 1 ~5000mah pack - would 20C suffice?

some sites recommend a 30A esc for that motor, others 18A - what is the deal w/ the range of suggestions?

also, are the different "lipo sacks" decent (the ones you can get on ebay) or w/ that item, do you go the brand name?
bob4432 is offline Find More Posts by bob4432
Old Jul 01, 2010, 03:49 PM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob4432 View Post
since the 18 & 25A turnigy plush esc have become unobtanium lately, any other recommendations that are known to work well w/ this controller? or should i just go the plush 30A (main reason is as i wait for the 18-25s to come back in stock, other items on my list become out of stock .

will be running the rctimer type 750KV (2830-14) motors w/ 1047 apc props - was going to add a couple batts to my hk order. thinking of either a couple 3000mah or 1 3000mah & 1 ~5000mah pack - would 20C suffice?

some sites recommend a 30A esc for that motor, others 18A - what is the deal w/ the range of suggestions?

also, are the different "lipo sacks" decent (the ones you can get on ebay) or w/ that item, do you go the brand name?

i dont know if that helps u but i use the turnigy plush 10A with the emax FC 28-22. works well...
warthox is offline Find More Posts by warthox
Old Jul 01, 2010, 04:26 PM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darek53 View Post
I tried gyros LPY550AL
They work very well.
They are cheaper than HK401B and need only two.
Yeah I have them on my Quad / Tri copter as well. I'm still nervous whenever I have to solder them into the board though. I use solder paste to do it, but I'm wondering if there is any better way. It looks like you pre-solder the pads under the chip first, but then do you heat the whole board to solder it or do you just move the soldering iron around the chip to make the solder melt & stick?

Thanks

-Thanh
thanhTran is offline Find More Posts by thanhTran
Old Jul 01, 2010, 04:31 PM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox View Post
hi
i use the nacked package. and i dont use the waterproof case. not on my single wings and not on my kk tricopter. its too much added weight. i mount the cam with some tape or velcro.
if u want to mount the gopro in a case for better exchange, i would make an lighter case and dont use this waterproof case because of the weight..

markus
Hi Markus
Saw some photos you took from the air with it, it was awesome. Could I take a look at the untouch original full size image please?

Does the GoPro HD come with a wide angle lens or do we have to customize it? Also does it have live video out which we can connect to a video transmitter?

Thanks

Thanh
thanhTran is offline Find More Posts by thanhTran
Old Jul 01, 2010, 05:13 PM
Portugal, Beja, Beja
Joined Jun 2010
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWCoburg View Post
Thanks I'll click the buy button now then.

I have a built KKv4 board and just waiting for the controller to turn up so I can start the final stages.

Mike.
If you have not the softwere i send the link to you.
corbystarlet is offline Find More Posts by corbystarlet
Old Jul 01, 2010, 07:25 PM
a little boy's dream come true
France, Corse, Santo-Pietro-di-Tenda
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
I suspect your motors are too weak to drive your props fast enough = unstable
Using 1045 may just make it worse (heavier and larger props).
Humm... velcro for mounting flight control is not my preferred option, neither is hard mounting. Try 2 thin strips of neoprene foam on each side of the board each glued on one side to the board and the other side to the frame, or even better 2 strips of gyro silicon gel pads.
I use a combination of these two materials and it works very well.
Timing depends on the number of magnets on your motor, the more magnets the higher the timing. If timing is wrong, motor will misfire and click.
2S vs 3S vs 4S : your motor / prop combo needs a certain amount of current to work efficiently depending on the load. If your motor/prop develop enough thrust (2x hover thrust) with let's say 6v, then there is no need to use anything else than 2S since they will deliver 6v when they are worn out.
But if you need 7v to get 2x your hover thrust, then you will need 3S batteries or may not be able to recover from a steep descent on empty 2S batteries.

Hope this helps,
Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by patricklupo View Post
Thanks again thanhTran. Still trying to work out why my quad is so unstable. Ordered some EPP1045 blades to see if they do better than the EPP845's with the 23 gram Hextronik motors. I noticed that KK used only a 2S lipo with his smaller quad so I'm going to try that too.

I tried mounting my PCB w/gyros to the frame using velcro and it became even more unstable, so I went back to hard mounting it using the original screws and nylon spacers.

Anyone have any opinion on whether ESC timing is a factor in stability? So far changing them from low to high seemed to improve things a bit, but I could be mistaken. Low ESC timing usually gives more flight time and is preferred.
bob.titus is offline Find More Posts by bob.titus
Old Jul 02, 2010, 02:01 AM
Member FPV UK
Isle of Wight, UK
Joined Apr 2010
729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbystarlet View Post
If you have not the softwere i send the link to you.
I have downloaded the software pointed at form the ebay page and will have to wait until it turns up before I really know. Can you post the link just in case?

Thanks, Mike.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 02, 2010, 02:25 AM
Highland, CA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,112 Posts
I have all the parts mounted on the board and have 2 questions.

Is there a test for voltages or something I can do besides visual to check the finished board, or do I just power it up and look for smoke?

The board I have is the same one kapteinkuk assembled one page back. The programming port has 6 pins but the programmer I got, USB IPS programmer for Amtel AVR (51 ATMega ATTiny), has a 10 pin connector, any suggestions?
cyhyam is offline Find More Posts by cyhyam
Old Jul 02, 2010, 02:55 AM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyhyam View Post
I have all the parts mounted on the board and have 2 questions.

Is there a test for voltages or something I can do besides visual to check the finished board, or do I just power it up and look for smoke?

The board I have is the same one kapteinkuk assembled one page back. The programming port has 6 pins but the programmer I got, USB IPS programmer for Amtel AVR (51 ATMega ATTiny), has a 10 pin connector, any suggestions?
i connect a new board to a powersupply and set the current limit to 40mA. if everything is ok the voltage stays at 5V and the current should be ~15mA without gyro and ~30mA with gyro.
if there is a shortcut the current limiter activates and the voltage goes down. so u know that there must be something wrong without destroying your board..

markus
Old Jul 02, 2010, 02:58 AM
Member FPV UK
Isle of Wight, UK
Joined Apr 2010
729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyhyam View Post
SNIP
See my posts and the followup at the top of the page .

Mike.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 02, 2010, 03:02 AM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanhTran View Post
Hi Markus
Saw some photos you took from the air with it, it was awesome. Could I take a look at the untouch original full size image please?

Does the GoPro HD come with a wide angle lens or do we have to customize it? Also does it have live video out which we can connect to a video transmitter?

Thanks

Thanh
thanks thanh
if u post the link of the photo/s u want to see untouched, i can send u the original image.
the gopro hd has a build-in wide angle lens. with a little programm u can mostly remove the wide angle from a photo if u want. u can also use the gopro for fpv or something like that. there is no build-in live out function but with a little trick u can activate the live-out of the cam. u can also record while the live-out is activated http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1183798
and the easiest way i found http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=21

markus
Last edited by warthox; Jul 02, 2010 at 03:10 AM.
Old Jul 02, 2010, 03:41 AM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,650 Posts
Why not go for something really dedicated to FPV.

For about almost the same price FatShark has it's FS-HD1 camera/recorder.

It's a 720p capable camera with built-tin recorder that store up to 5hr of video in a 16gb SD card. The camera is self-powered by a 330mah LiPo and weights in total 38gr.

For FPV itself despite it saves/records the video in 16:9 format it also sends out video in 4:3 for FPV.

http://www.mongrelgear.com.au/the-mo...category_id=10
IceWind is offline Find More Posts by IceWind