HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 16, 2009, 04:07 PM
Registered User
elecwings's Avatar
Fort Dodge, Iowa, USA
Joined Apr 2001
179 Posts
Careful!
HobbyPartz.com Bad Experience -- RESOLVED

Today I received my first (and last) order from Hobbypartz.com. Through no fault of mine, they sent me three monsterpower 15's instead of the two 15's and one monsterpower 32 I had ordered. After interminable hold (over 57 minutes of "You are at position one in this queue. Please wait to be connected" they dumped my call.

I had been trying for over 90 minutes to get a "live chat" representative and when I finally did make the connection with "Sam" I was informed that the cost of returning their error would be mine and they would not refund the costs or send a prepaid return shipper or label. They would be glad to ship out a new motor after receiving the one shipped in error (perfectly understandable) but I must pay to return the item with no chance of recouping my expense.

"Sam" kept referring to the "company policy". Under the policy, there is no mention of return shipping costs due to their mistake.

So I get to pay shipping twice because of their error. I have never dealt with a company that does not correct its errors at its own expense.

Never once did I get an apology for the mistake. My real mistake was dealing with them in the first place. A mistake which shall not be repeated.

Forewarned is forearmed.

Dan
elecwings is offline Find More Posts by elecwings
Last edited by elecwings; Dec 10, 2009 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Clarification
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2009, 05:43 PM
Registered User
hobbypartz's Avatar
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2009
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elecwings View Post
Today I received my first (and last) order from Hobbypartz.com. Through no fault of mine, they sent me three monsterpower 15's instead of the two 15's and one monsterpower 32 I had ordered. After interminable hold (over 57 minutes of "You are at position one in this queue. Please wait to be connected" they dumped my call.

I had been trying for over 90 minutes to get a "live chat" representative and when I finally did make the connection with "Sam" I was informed that the cost of returning their error would be mine and they would not refund the costs or send a prepaid return shipper or label. They would be glad to ship out a new motor after receiving the one shipped in error (perfectly understandable) but I must pay to return the item with no chance of recouping my expense.

"Sam" kept referring to the "company policy". Under the policy, there is no mention of return shipping costs due to their mistake.

So I get to pay shipping twice because of their error. I have never dealt with a company that does not correct its errors at its own expense.

Never once did I get an apology for the mistake. My real mistake was dealing with them in the first place. A mistake which shall not be repeated.

Forewarned is forearmed.

Dan
Hello Dan,

What is your order#?

I can make a note on your account and when you return it, we will exchange the motor for you and credit you back the return shipping fee. Sam is a fairly new guy and he still needs some training but I will take care of you. In any case, you can always go to our support forum for help and we will take care of all of our customers 100%.

Thanks
Tommy
Hobbypartz.com
hobbypartz is offline Find More Posts by hobbypartz
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2009, 05:53 PM
Registered User
hobbypartz's Avatar
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2009
554 Posts
Also, this kinda situation will not happen again. I reported your case to the CS manager and he is serious about disciplining the cs people.

Thanks
hobbypartz is offline Find More Posts by hobbypartz
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2009, 06:51 PM
Registered User
elecwings's Avatar
Fort Dodge, Iowa, USA
Joined Apr 2001
179 Posts
Order Number: 665521
---------------------
Quantity Item
1 MonsterPower 32 (770kv) Brushless Motor

Thanks for your help.

I have not received an RMA as yet even though I was told to check my e-mail in 15 min. (That was over 3 hours ago)

BTW, I got the same story about shipping charges from your telephone support.

Thanks again

Dan
elecwings is offline Find More Posts by elecwings
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2009, 07:00 PM
Registered User
elecwings's Avatar
Fort Dodge, Iowa, USA
Joined Apr 2001
179 Posts
Just to be clear, there were two orders shipped as one package. The first order (665520) was for two MonsterPower 15's. The second order (665521)
was for 1 MonsterPower 32.

Thank you.

Dan
elecwings is offline Find More Posts by elecwings
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2009, 08:53 PM
Registered User
hobbypartz's Avatar
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2009
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elecwings View Post
Just to be clear, there were two orders shipped as one package. The first order (665520) was for two MonsterPower 15's. The second order (665521)
was for 1 MonsterPower 32.

Thank you.

Dan
Hello Dan,

RMA# has been emailed to you already. Please send back the motor with USPS first-class w/ shipping confirmation. Shipping credit will be credited back to your CC#

Thanks!
Tommy
HobbyPartz.com
hobbypartz is offline Find More Posts by hobbypartz
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2009, 04:38 PM
that's how i roll!!
parkfly27's Avatar
United States, AZ, Scottsdale
Joined Feb 2008
337 Posts
glad to hear this is being taken care of. So far i have done 2 orders with hobbypartz, and got free shipping on both. First order was a monster power 160 motor, which is mounted on my 1/4 scale extra. The other is some parts for my helicopter. Both orders were promptly shipped out, and i couldn't have had a better experience. Great stuff, amazing price.
Keep up the good work.
parkfly27 is online now Find More Posts by parkfly27
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Green's Peak!
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2009, 04:11 AM
Registered User
dude7422's Avatar
Pa.
Joined Mar 2009
837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbypartz View Post
Hello Dan,

RMA# has been emailed to you already. Please send back the motor with USPS first-class w/ shipping confirmation. Shipping credit will be credited back to your CC#

Thanks!
Tommy
HobbyPartz.com


hobby parts you get a big woo hoo from dude to all other vendors out there THIS IS THE WAY TO TAKE CARE OF CUSTOMERS PS AND YOU DONT NEED TO BE THE CHEAPEST
dude7422 is offline Find More Posts by dude7422
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2009, 01:08 PM
Love my Raven's!
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,045 Posts
Ordered many parts from Hobbypartz and nitroplanes (same company)

never had any bad experiences and they have always shipped very quickly. Usually I will receive a shipping notice the same day I've ordered the item.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2009, 11:30 AM
Registered User
dude7422's Avatar
Pa.
Joined Mar 2009
837 Posts
hay all a side note hobby king held my order up for 4 days i ordered on sat. and did not ship till wed. no items on back order no delay on payment just slow service.. small order
dude7422 is offline Find More Posts by dude7422
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2009, 12:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2008
2,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude7422 View Post
hay all a side note hobby king held my order up for 4 days i ordered on sat. and did not ship till wed. no items on back order no delay on payment just slow service.. small order
Are Hobby king and hobby Partz the same company ?
init4fun is offline Find More Posts by init4fun
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 09, 2009, 12:30 AM
Registered User
elecwings's Avatar
Fort Dodge, Iowa, USA
Joined Apr 2001
179 Posts
Update: I returned the MP 15 shipped in error on 11/18/09. HobbyPartz received it on 11/20 (per USPS tracking). I received the correct motor on 12/2/09. I have yet to be reimbursed for the return postage despite Tommy's promise.
elecwings is offline Find More Posts by elecwings
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 09, 2009, 06:37 PM
Registered User
hobbypartz's Avatar
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2009
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elecwings View Post
Update: I returned the MP 15 shipped in error on 11/18/09. HobbyPartz received it on 11/20 (per USPS tracking). I received the correct motor on 12/2/09. I have yet to be reimbursed for the return postage despite Tommy's promise.
How much did it cost for u to ship it back?
hobbypartz is offline Find More Posts by hobbypartz
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 09, 2009, 07:34 PM
Registered User
elecwings's Avatar
Fort Dodge, Iowa, USA
Joined Apr 2001
179 Posts
$3.72
elecwings is offline Find More Posts by elecwings
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 09, 2009, 08:33 PM
Registered User
hobbypartz's Avatar
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2009
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elecwings View Post
$3.72
OK Done.

You should see a refund shortly. Thanks
hobbypartz is offline Find More Posts by hobbypartz
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Hobbypartz.com cgage Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 5 Oct 08, 2009 12:04 PM
Bad experience with Servocity.com!! Nik-rc Vendor Talk 5 Oct 13, 2008 02:19 PM
Discussion Bad Experience with www.nesail.com mattweisz Vendor Talk 34 Oct 26, 2007 06:22 AM
Discussion my bad experience with towerhobbies.com kenneth012180 Trader Talk 12 Jan 05, 2007 01:03 AM
Officeshops.com - bad first experience cathode Vendor Talk 19 Apr 18, 2004 11:46 PM