HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Float Flyer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:52 PM
It actually Flies!
Salmon Arm, British Columbia, Canada
Joined Feb 2006
548 Posts
Discussion
Modelling the Nacelles

I have redone the Engine nacelles twice now. The battle has been in keeping something that looks reasonably scale and keeping the holes big enough to put a decent sized powerplant in them. I also want to keep to 2 EDF's as 4 adds a lot of weight. The design goal is to keep it under 20 ounces per square foot and have the bird fly reasonably scale with good landing performance.

I would also like to allow for an additional 2 EDF's for those who want more performance in the future. Hence the design problem!!

After going through iteration after iteration, I have a design that is a good trade off between allowing for a 65mm fan, and still looking scale at a 72 inch wingspan (might go to 88" yet). Hence, I have finally got it looking good (to me anyways...). Now remembering in my old age that I need to put in retractable gear, I notice that I screwed up on the distance between the two tubes and an area for the gear bay!!!! Now I have to get Rhino to figure out how to stretch the center area by 3/8" !!!!
Float Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Float Flyer
Last edited by Float Flyer; Nov 20, 2009 at 03:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts