HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 20, 2011, 02:56 AM
80's Metal....
Joined Dec 2009
3,557 Posts
Hey guys.. just checking in.. nice flight vid dmatthewman..

Hey Capt.. hope you weren't hit too hard with the last round of storms there. Can't wait to see the maiden!

I've been busy with a move to OC in socal.. I need to find a decent flying field there! I think i'll take the spit up first since she's such a great flier..
HKing_PwnsMe is offline Find More Posts by HKing_PwnsMe
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2011, 09:33 AM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKing_PwnsMe View Post

Hey Capt.. hope you weren't hit too hard with the last round of storms there. Can't wait to see the maiden!

I've been busy with a move to OC in socal.. I need to find a decent flying field there! I think i'll take the spit up first since she's such a great flier..
Fortuantely storms have not affected this area - just relatively high winds most of the time. Maiden is on temp hold till things calm down. Meanwhile, back in the hanger I'm working on an E-flite P-51B (Shangri-La) that Don Gentile flew to compliment Don Blakeslee's Spitfire since they both flew together in RAF 133 Eagle Sqn.

Hope your move goes well and you find a suitable flying field.

Cheers
capteasy is offline Find More Posts by capteasy
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by capteasy; Apr 20, 2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:24 AM
Joined Feb 2010
36 Posts
Quote:

HK did you find somewhere to fly maybe I should bring my spitty for a bit formation (however mine does tend to rip itself apart at WOT so best keep ahead of me) I am not far from OC also I have started the CMP BF109 build and I believe you have one of those to.
dmatthewman is offline Find More Posts by dmatthewman
Old Apr 21, 2011, 11:44 AM
80's Metal....
Joined Dec 2009
3,557 Posts
lol.. yeah, i hear these Spits fly better in tact..

Your Spit looks like a screamer! Would love to fly formation with ya, I'm still searching for flying spots (I didn't realize you were so close). I've heard of Black Starr Canyon but have been told it's not the greatest field but i'm not picky. As for flying fields.. If I THINK I can take off and land in it.. i'm game.

Yes, I have the CMP 109 as well as the KMP 109 and i LOVE them.. would love to see yours when it's ready. There aren't enough 109s this size around here! I'd also like to find a field for my CMP Mossie.. unfortunately she needs a good stretch of runway to land.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 01:33 PM
Joined Feb 2010
36 Posts
This where I fly. It basically scrub land that we fly over with a park to the right. They dont mind us flying there as long as we dont go low over the actual park. Not a club just a few guys who meet up at weekends but I think the 109 is a little big for landing although the spitty comes in hot a runs out a good way and theres plenty of room.

If you find somewhere good for the 109 I would love to bring mine along when its finished and maybe give it a once over from a guy flying one.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...13937&t=h&z=17
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:39 PM
80's Metal....
Joined Dec 2009
3,557 Posts
Hey.. how cool. I fly with a bunch of guys called the Chino Renegades and our unofficial field is very close to yours.. it's called IE field off of the 10 fwy and Vineland.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1253931

Tiny patch of dirt.. about 100ft of runway.. and yes I have flown all my CMP birds including the 109 there (except for the Mossie of course.. )

Here's a sat shot of us,

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...01742&t=h&z=20

You also get an idea as to the size of the runway. And yes.. i've had to repair many landing gear mounts and retracts while I was learning..

Either way I would love to check out that 109 when you're done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmatthewman View Post
This where I fly. It basically scrub land that we fly over with a park to the right. They dont mind us flying there as long as we dont go low over the actual park. Not a club just a few guys who meet up at weekends but I think the 109 is a little big for landing although the spitty comes in hot a runs out a good way and theres plenty of room.

If you find somewhere good for the 109 I would love to bring mine along when its finished and maybe give it a once over from a guy flying one.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...13937&t=h&z=17
Old Apr 22, 2011, 12:39 PM
Joined Feb 2010
36 Posts
Quote:
Hey.. how cool. I fly with a bunch of guys called the Chino Renegades and our unofficial field is very close to yours.. it's called IE field off of the 10 fwy and Vineland.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1253931

Tiny patch of dirt.. about 100ft of runway.. and yes I have flown all my CMP birds including the 109 there (except for the Mossie of course.. )

Here's a sat shot of us,

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...01742&t=h&z=20

You also get an idea as to the size of the runway. And yes.. i've had to repair many landing gear mounts and retracts while I was learning..

Either way I would love to check out that 109 when you're done.
I have driven past there a few times but could never figure out the super secret entrance. I didnt realize there was an unofficial club there. I will definitely swing down with the 109
Old Apr 22, 2011, 07:29 PM
USA, KY, Ashland
Joined Oct 2007
3,340 Posts
I have had this item laying around for a couple of months:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=8863

just hooked it up today. it rocks my electric retracts.

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...g?d=1265583824
mike early is offline Find More Posts by mike early
Old Apr 22, 2011, 07:44 PM
Joined May 2010
259 Posts
Hi Mike, do you mean your using it in conjuction with electric retracts or retracts operated by independent servos?

Thanks, John
johnUK66 is offline Find More Posts by johnUK66
Old Apr 22, 2011, 08:19 PM
USA, KY, Ashland
Joined Oct 2007
3,340 Posts
either would work probably.
i have a y-adapter and using two cheap electric retracts with struts. the y goes to the retract channel and this gadget is on one side of the y and controls 1 retract
Old Apr 22, 2011, 11:26 PM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,005 Posts
Actually, you do not need a Y-cable. 1 retract can plug into one side and the other retract can plug into the other port, whether normal or reversed depending on your needs.

Have a look at the manual to check out which is the normal output and which is the reversed output. It has been quite a while since I installed that in my plane, which has since been demolished (Kyosho FW190 slimer)

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Apr 22, 2011, 11:54 PM
USA, KY, Ashland
Joined Oct 2007
3,340 Posts
if i didn't have the y, the wheels would be at the same speed, from what it apears to say

it doesn't alter the speed of a retract servo or electric retract, but delays them a variable amount both directions. The electric retracts are already at a scale speed, but now mine are staggered like the real planes using a mutual hydraulic system.
Last edited by mike early; Apr 23, 2011 at 01:54 AM.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 12:43 AM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,834 Posts
Mike,
I just rcv'd those oleos you mentioned back in post #822 from RCWarbirds and they seem to be beautifully well made just as you said.
Despite the fact it took quite a while to get them, they look like they were worth the wait.
How have they been holding up for you ....?
Dick
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite hawker Hurricane 25E
Old Apr 24, 2011, 01:58 PM
USA, KY, Ashland
Joined Oct 2007
3,340 Posts
The set screw that holds the lower strut in place is too short. not enough sticks out and there's only 1 or 2 threads that come into play. The threads groove into the softer aluminum and it creates a little toe slop. The perfect solution would be to buy some socket headed screws with a shoulder and cut them to proper length. That way the aluminum slides against solid metal and not the sharp threads.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 07:28 PM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike early View Post
The set screw that holds the lower strut in place is too short. not enough sticks out and there's only 1 or 2 threads that come into play. The threads groove into the softer aluminum and it creates a little toe slop. The perfect solution would be to buy some socket headed screws with a shoulder and cut them to proper length. That way the aluminum slides against solid metal and not the sharp threads.
...totaly lost me at first but after a little study I think I see what you mean.
Have you modified yours?
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite hawker Hurricane 25E