Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 04, 2010, 05:03 PM
Joined May 2010
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind_of_Change View Post

One of my favorite things about the Spit, and it doesn't show in this plane, is the cool wing guns, how they stick out so far from the wing, and those awesome scoops under the wings.
Guns n scoops, stop it stop it!

John
johnUK66 is offline Find More Posts by johnUK66
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2010, 05:06 PM
Cut the yellow wire
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
9,016 Posts
That looks like a pretty nice airbrush. I don't use one like that though, wish I had one! I use a $5-$10 cheapie that I got at a place like Harbor Freight or some other surplus store and an airtank from the auto parts place. See the pics below. Not as easy to use as a better brush but it worked well enough I think for a first attempt. I used good Tamiya paint and thinner. I could never get any kind of a good result with the craft paints I've been using for years.

I'd be interested in knowing how well the dual action AB from HK works. Looks nice.

CarreraGTSCS is offline Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
Old Dec 04, 2010, 05:53 PM
Weathers Good, Gotta Go Fly
Stevenage, Hertfordshire, UK
Joined Jul 2008
385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS View Post
That looks like a pretty nice airbrush. I don't use one like that though, wish I had one! I use a $5-$10 cheapie that I got at a place like Harbor Freight or some other surplus store and an airtank from the auto parts place. See the pics below. Not as easy to use as a better brush but it worked well enough I think for a first attempt. I used good Tamiya paint and thinner. I could never get any kind of a good result with the craft paints I've been using for years.

I'd be interested in knowing how well the dual action AB from HK works. Looks nice.

Hey Mike, that's not a bad airbrush you have there. I have two the same but for the name, mine say Badger, I got mine a few years back when I was racing R/C cars and used them to do the body shells (good enough to sell quite a few) I have a fine needle in one and a medium in the other and found them much easier to use than the two dual action ones I also have.
As for a compressor I have one that is a little smaller than you might find in a body shop. The simple reason being that I can use it for other things and it was cheaper than a dedicated airbrush compressor!!

Richard
Richard Stokes is offline Find More Posts by Richard Stokes
Old Dec 04, 2010, 06:22 PM
Joined May 2010
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Stokes View Post
As for a compressor I have one that is a little smaller than you might find in a body shop. The simple reason being that I can use it for other things and it was cheaper than a dedicated airbrush compressor!!

Richard
Like it, like it!

John
Old Dec 05, 2010, 12:07 AM
80's Metal....
Joined Dec 2009
3,557 Posts
I really like the work done on this one..

HKing_PwnsMe is offline Find More Posts by HKing_PwnsMe
Old Dec 05, 2010, 12:30 AM
Cut the yellow wire
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
9,016 Posts
Thanks! Needs a little more work. Flies nice.

Mike
CarreraGTSCS is offline Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
Old Dec 05, 2010, 11:15 PM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,824 Posts
Mike - I'm planning on representing Don Blakeslee's Mk. V when he was with 133 Eagle Sqn. Despite being a terrible shot, I think he ended the war with 14.5 victories and was herelded as great leader. He ended up as Don Gentile's CO and I'm planning to do a P-51B in the next few months of Gentile's "Shangri-La" - after they transferred to the 4th FG USAAF.

John - I share your sentiment about the gracefull lines and beauty of the Spitfire whole heartedly, and my thanks to you and the rest of the group here for you kind remarks and enthusiasm....

Dick
capteasy is offline Find More Posts by capteasy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite hawker Hurricane 25E
Old Dec 06, 2010, 09:39 AM
Joined May 2010
259 Posts
Heres a cpl of vids about the Eagle Squadron....

RAF Eagle Squadron (7 min 58 sec)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lHD0In960o&NR=1

John
Old Dec 08, 2010, 06:04 AM
Joined May 2010
259 Posts
Lookin forward to seein the weekends paintwork Capt, how'd it go?

John
Old Dec 08, 2010, 01:58 PM
Joined May 2010
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS View Post
Heres a first impression.....

Hobby King TG-130K Dual Action Airbrush Kit (5 min 8 sec)

Not from me however!

enjoy

John
Old Dec 10, 2010, 02:29 PM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,824 Posts
John - The Camo is done for the most part, and it looks pretty good but I have to do some touch up where it suffered overspray in a few areas.....hope to have it completed by tonight or tomorrow.

Interesting you found that airbrush review video - the guy that made it, is a good friend I normally fly with on weekends....he does really nice custom paint jobs on some of his ARFs. Right now he's doing a Parkzone T-28 Trojan I'm looking forward to seeing.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by capteasy; Dec 10, 2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 11:53 AM
Joined May 2010
259 Posts
Thats good news about the paintwork Capt lookin forward to those piccies..... RE Airbrush....It was your friends review that persuaded me to hit the "buy" button, he seemed impressed enough with the construction for the money!

John
Old Dec 13, 2010, 01:33 PM
Joined May 2010
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capteasy View Post
Interesting you found that airbrush review video - the guy that made it, is a good friend I normally fly with on weekends....he does really nice custom paint jobs on some of his ARFs. Right now he's doing a Parkzone T-28 Trojan I'm looking forward to seeing.
Ahhh I just noticed he has your flap mods uploaded on his youtube channel.

So its not you Capt E?
Old Dec 13, 2010, 02:38 PM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnUK66 View Post
Ahhh I just noticed he has your flap mods uploaded on his youtube channel.

So its not you Capt E?

I am too....not sure what you mean.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite hawker Hurricane 25E
Old Dec 13, 2010, 02:42 PM
Joined May 2010
259 Posts
Hahaha sorry I was abit slow on pickin up on that.....So how is th HK airbrush to use?

John

HUH! The above post I was reffering to has changed....Whappen? ???
Last edited by johnUK66; Dec 13, 2010 at 02:48 PM.