HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 02, 2010, 01:44 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike early View Post
I consider it a steal for the wonderful cockpit graphic you produced for this plane. It rocks.
Hahaha! Well then it's a good trade and I don't have to feel indebted to you, which is great because my conscience is already overburdened with all the time and money I spend on this hobby - so thanks for lightening my load!

Happy Flying!
Wind_of_Change is offline Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2010, 01:48 PM
USA, KY, Ashland
Joined Oct 2007
3,340 Posts
show us photos when you get it mounted....
mike early is offline Find More Posts by mike early
Old Dec 02, 2010, 01:52 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,840 Posts
Roger.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2010, 03:23 PM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,836 Posts
Split Flap Vid

The CA flap hinges were cut out and replaced with some Dubrow small nylon pinned hinges. They present much less resistance if any and I couldn't resist checking them out with a Turnigy servo regulator. What a difference.

CMP Spitfire 50 Split Flaps (2 min 3 sec)
capteasy is online now Find More Posts by capteasy
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by capteasy; Dec 02, 2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old Dec 02, 2010, 03:36 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,840 Posts
Very Nice. I'm jealous. If I weren't so lazy, and mentally onto another plane build, I'd do that. Great job Cpt.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2010, 04:18 PM
Joined May 2010
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind_of_Change View Post
Mike Early,

Hey thanks man! That strut showed up today, and it's gonna be perfect for the job. You are my favorite person of the day... heck, maybe even the week!

I really appreciate it.

Todd
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike early View Post
I consider it a steal for the wonderful cockpit graphic you produced for this plane. It rocks.
Awwww Stop it you guys, Im wellin' up!
johnUK66 is offline Find More Posts by johnUK66
Old Dec 02, 2010, 06:31 PM
Joined May 2010
259 Posts
Nice work Capt, luvvin the slowed flaps.

John
Old Dec 02, 2010, 09:13 PM
80's Metal....
Joined Dec 2009
3,557 Posts
Very nice CaptE...
HKing_PwnsMe is online now Find More Posts by HKing_PwnsMe
Old Dec 02, 2010, 11:10 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Aug 2008
342 Posts
it's awesome capt.
iscozky is offline Find More Posts by iscozky
Old Dec 03, 2010, 12:06 AM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,836 Posts
Thanks very much, I'm pleased with the way they turned out, at least so far. The real test will be how they perform or I do, for that matter. The pinned hinges and the servo regulator are the deal - at least for those light weight 9g servos. I'm looking forward to finish painting the bottom wing and the camo on her by end of this weekend.
Dick
capteasy is online now Find More Posts by capteasy
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by capteasy; Dec 03, 2010 at 12:12 AM.
Old Dec 04, 2010, 12:11 PM
Joined May 2010
259 Posts
No offence to anyone elses plane on here, but every now and then you find a thread of a build that really excites you and on here it simply has to be the Capt's! Im sure all will agree (shame not fuel powered though )

if I'm honest I'm a total spitfire fanboy. I wont lie and pretend I know everything about them, though certainly learnt lots more in the last 12 months. I just simply since being a young lad absolutely adored the shape of those gorgeous eliptical wings and the sillouhette of them from the underside against the sky. Not to mention those gorgeous yet simple RAF roundels.

Anyway I own 5 RC planes, two hobbyzone super cubs 1 Parkzone Spitfire all all brushless and 2.4ghz as well as two nitro planes a Seagull Boomerang trainer and my still boxed while I collect some parts and hone my piloting skills CMPro .50 Size Spit.

What I'm trying to say is Capt E I just cant F*cK!n wait to see your paintwork, from all the rest of the work so far Im sure it will be of a certain class. I look forward to seeing those flaps become at one with the rest of the wing. Im so excited to see your plane completed I have considered the cost of the flight to the good ol US of A to wittness her Maiden! Not quite sure how Id explain that one to the missus.........

But simply Capt we salute you and your build......

Your's with baited breath!

John
Old Dec 04, 2010, 12:21 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,840 Posts
Wow. Capteasy has a fan-boy! I concur with johnUK66's comments. So that makes two, at least.

One of my favorite things about the Spit, and it doesn't show in this plane, is the cool wing guns, how they stick out so far from the wing, and those awesome scoops under the wings. There's something about it's profile that no other warbird can match.

Capteasy, I hope you add the guns!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 04, 2010, 12:51 PM
USA, KY, Ashland
Joined Oct 2007
3,340 Posts
This thread is one big love-fest. It's all I've got. It's snowing and the weather is gonna be crap for months.
mike early is offline Find More Posts by mike early
Old Dec 04, 2010, 01:28 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
9,036 Posts
Dick-- Maybe I missed it but what paint scheme are you going to do?

Below are some pics of my respray of the Kyosho Arium Spitfire (25" span) from Hobby lobby. It it the only other Spitfire that is in the same league as the CMPro Spit for scale good looks. Neither is perfect but they are both damn good.

The last two photos are from a site www.supermarineaircraft.com . I don't know how much it costs to build one but they do look pretty. Some of them have an oddly bulbous sliding canopy while others don't. There's a couple of video links in the site and one of them is a low and fast pass that sounds awesome, very much like a real Merlin sounds.

Mike
CarreraGTSCS is online now Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
Old Dec 04, 2010, 02:40 PM
Joined May 2010
259 Posts
Nice work Carrera Mike, what airbrush kit do you use, I have recently acquired some myself but have yet to use, definitely gonna practice loads first. I bought one of these...http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MINI-PISTON-TY...-/380295220194 I went for one with a tank albeit fairly budget.

A Badger precision... http://www.wonderlandmodels.com/prod...-airbrush-set/

And a dual action HK brush which I haven't received due to awaiting the E Retrcts to be in stock. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9294

John
Last edited by johnUK66; Dec 04, 2010 at 02:46 PM.