HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 01, 2010, 09:32 AM
Lori, hey, you're home early
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
9,129 Posts
Not a single one! All lifted from other sites.
Mike
CarreraGTSCS is offline Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2010, 10:23 AM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnUK66 View Post
Hey Capt, hows your cockpit lookin these days have you assembled it further since the last pics?

John
John,
The cockpit is about the same so far. Eventually it'll have a gunsight. I'm temted to add a floor of sorts and a stick but not sure yet. Right now I'm trying to get some paint on it and having trouble with the spray equipment.
capteasy is offline Find More Posts by capteasy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite hawker Hurricane 25E
Old Dec 01, 2010, 03:06 PM
Now you see it...
United States, KY, Henderson
Joined Feb 2006
448 Posts
Man, I need one of these!
ehskds is offline Find More Posts by ehskds
Old Dec 01, 2010, 04:45 PM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehskds View Post
Man, I need one of these!
It's not perfect, but I searched around quite awhile in this size and I think it's the best looking IMO especially for the price.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite hawker Hurricane 25E
Old Dec 01, 2010, 05:32 PM
Now you see it...
United States, KY, Henderson
Joined Feb 2006
448 Posts
I had looked at this plane in the past, when it was 99 bucks. It was out of stock and kinda forgot about it till today. Still not sure if I'll pick it up yet, I might be picking up the new DX 8 at the first of the year.
ehskds is offline Find More Posts by ehskds
Old Dec 01, 2010, 06:23 PM
Joined May 2010
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capteasy View Post
It's not perfect, but I searched around quite awhile in this size and I think it's the best looking IMO especially for the price.
Hear hear!
johnUK66 is offline Find More Posts by johnUK66
Old Dec 01, 2010, 06:50 PM
USA, KY, Ashland
Joined Oct 2007
3,340 Posts
by far the best looking plane per dollar you're likely to find on the planet
mike early is offline Find More Posts by mike early
Old Dec 01, 2010, 07:20 PM
Joined May 2010
259 Posts
OK so here's a question......If I bought a load of these bound all receivers to the same model on my dx6i......Would it be possible to fly a squadron singlehandedly?

John
Old Dec 01, 2010, 07:23 PM
Glenn
United States, WI, Oconto Falls
Joined Jan 2004
2,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnUK66 View Post
OK so here's a question......If I bought a load of these bound all receivers to the same model on my dx6i......Would it be possible to fly a squadron singlehandedly?

John
For five seconds John yes!
wellington53 is offline Find More Posts by wellington53
Old Dec 01, 2010, 07:24 PM
Joined May 2010
259 Posts
Capt, I been wondering, the flaps mod you have done is I presume a single layer of balsa? Will it be able to withstand the forces when they are applied? Im not questioning your consideration of this it's just a question my tiny little mind has raised.

I was thinking would they benefit from a thin layer of either glass or carbon cloth?

John
Old Dec 02, 2010, 02:09 AM
80's Metal....
Joined Dec 2009
3,562 Posts
Hey Capt.. did you glass it? It's a good point.

Also wondering if anyone has considered moving the gear to a more scale location. That would be cool.. was a pain on my 109 but oh sooo worth it..
HKing_PwnsMe is offline Find More Posts by HKing_PwnsMe
Old Dec 02, 2010, 03:01 AM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,909 Posts
Not glassed...thought about it but no they're reinforced with some tiny ribs and covered with Ultracote on outside. As long as they don't get deployed above 140mph they should be fine. (According to the Spitfire placard and pilot's manual anyway.)
*Seriously, I think they'll hold up but some light wt. glass or silk wouldn't hurt.

I did replace the CA hinges with small pinned hinges and reduced the resistance. I won't get a chance to a functional check till after I get the bottom wing painted - have to get another mini detail spray gun. BTW I used Lowes latex paint on the bottom fuse and it went on very well. The mix was 50-50 paint to windshield wash (8oz total for bot fuse) and about 1.8cm Floetrol. I'm very pleased with the results. It covers much better compared to the craft type acrylic paints I used on the Haikong Spit.

As far as the main gear I think I'll pass on that but I would like a more scale looking tailwheel

Cheers mates

*edit: remember, flaps will not or should not be deployed at let's say, cruise speed on any size plane. In this case I don't expect to deploy full flaps at more than 15-20mph ball park so they shouldn't be subjected to that much force. I plan on testing at altitude first of course, to determine how performance is affected during landing phase. I can only hope they perform as expected and I can remain cool.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by capteasy; Dec 02, 2010 at 09:25 AM. Reason: add info
Old Dec 02, 2010, 12:35 PM
Joined May 2010
259 Posts
Fairy nuff Capt, just a thought I had.

John
Old Dec 02, 2010, 12:49 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,854 Posts
Mike Early,

Hey thanks man! That strut showed up today, and it's gonna be perfect for the job. You are my favorite person of the day... heck, maybe even the week!

I really appreciate it.

Todd
Wind_of_Change is offline Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2010, 01:11 PM
USA, KY, Ashland
Joined Oct 2007
3,340 Posts
I consider it a steal for the wonderful cockpit graphic you produced for this plane. It rocks.
mike early is offline Find More Posts by mike early