SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 23, 2011, 07:16 AM
USA, KY, Ashland
Joined Oct 2007
3,340 Posts
I never noticed that the Dave Brown wheels are too soft. You won't have any problems with them. Anyone using gear doors yet?
mike early is offline Find More Posts by mike early
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2011, 07:07 AM
Melbourne Australia
Joined Aug 2010
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike early View Post
I never noticed that the Dave Brown wheels are too soft. You won't have any problems with them. Anyone using gear doors yet?
Mine had flat spots after sitting on the garage floor. They roll out after a few turns though. I'm not using the gear doors mike. I think theyre just one more thing that could potentially jam the retracts. Probably wrong on that.....donno but leaving them off anyway.
Michael
Maccanaut is offline Find More Posts by Maccanaut
Old Jun 26, 2011, 07:27 AM
Joined May 2010
259 Posts
As this is a leccy powered thread, thought Id ask...

Can any of you chaps reccomend an extremely accurate Lipo cell meter for checking balance, preferably a stand alone item and not as part of a charger?

Anybody have any experience of the Etronix battery Doctor?

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/cml...tId=0000003637

It looks identical to the HK version, but hey looks can be deceiving, components may be way cheaper?....

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10328

If anyone has the etronix one and the HK one and can verify both tally on the readings or not, that would be super duper!

Thank y'all, John
johnUK66 is offline Find More Posts by johnUK66
Last edited by johnUK66; Jun 26, 2011 at 07:43 AM.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 05:13 AM
Denmark
Joined Apr 2010
22 Posts
Finely made the maiden yesterday.
The flight was fantastic.
My setup: 7.6 lbs CG was spot on at 3,9" from the leading edge (at the fuse) using 5000 mah 5S lipo and a 13x11 prop. Turnigy SK 50-55 580KV motor, ECS 100A ,turnigy 5-7,5A (8-42V)HV UBEC for Lipoly
This plane flies great, I've never flown anything that flies so well before, but takeoff and landing on grass is a different matter, After three flights it went wrong, it nose over under takeoff and broke my spinner back plate, and the rudder was loose when she landed upside down . so there is a little work to be done before she’s fly again, sorry i have no pictures
Bølle is offline Find More Posts by Bølle
Old Jun 29, 2011, 01:10 AM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bølle View Post
My setup: 7.6 lbs CG was spot on at 3,9" from the leading edge (at the fuse) using 5000 mah 5S lipo and a 13x11 prop. Turnigy SK 50-55 580KV motor, ECS 100A ,turnigy 5-7,5A (8-42V)HV UBEC for Lipoly
This plane flies great, I've never flown anything that flies so well before, but takeoff and landing on grass is a different matter, After three flights it went wrong, it nose over under takeoff and broke my spinner back plate, and the rudder was loose when she landed upside down . so there is a little work to be done before she’s fly again, sorry i have no pictures
Thanks for the flight report...good luck with the repairs. Hope you get her back in the air again soon.
capteasy is offline Find More Posts by capteasy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite hawker Hurricane 25E
Old Jun 29, 2011, 07:22 AM
USA, KY, Ashland
Joined Oct 2007
3,340 Posts
I bought some gear doors when I first got the plane. Not even sure if they fit, but it looks like the gear will accommodate them
Old Jun 29, 2011, 07:25 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Mar 2009
1,439 Posts
Yeah, doors should fit over that. Fabricate from Aluminium drink can sheet if the timber ones don't.

Cheers,

Hugh
MerlinV is offline Find More Posts by MerlinV
Old Jul 01, 2011, 08:28 AM
USA, KY, Ashland
Joined Oct 2007
3,340 Posts
Where is everyone's elevator when trimmed for level flight?
Mine has a tad of down angle.....
Old Jul 01, 2011, 02:52 PM
Denmark
Joined Apr 2010
22 Posts
Hallo Mike
my plane has two click down on the elevator for level flight
Old Jul 02, 2011, 06:54 PM
Melbourne Australia
Joined Aug 2010
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike early View Post
Where is everyone's elevator when trimmed for level flight?
Mine has a tad of down angle.....
Mine too. Was beginning to think i needed more weight. Sounds like the down angle is pretty much the norm.
Michael
Maccanaut is offline Find More Posts by Maccanaut
Old Jul 02, 2011, 07:58 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Mar 2009
1,439 Posts
Quote:
Sounds like the down angle is pretty much the norm.
It's just scale. The full size had it too.

Hugh
MerlinV is offline Find More Posts by MerlinV
Old Aug 02, 2011, 09:12 PM
215.0 MPH
United States, VT, Essex
Joined Jul 2007
1,181 Posts
My set-up exactly. I fly it often, no issues.

Here is a trick for these types of planes on grass.

Once she is down on on the grass, ease back on the throttle, and up on the elevator, when you come to a complete stop, you will be at full up elevator. Don't let it take off again, idea is to keep the nose light, and the tail planted as you are coming to a stop. It works every time.

I have had to program in up in up ailerons and an elevator mix to slow similar planes on grass and avoided a nose over, but have not needed it on this one.

Quote:
markusvt is offline Find More Posts by markusvt
Old Aug 02, 2011, 09:13 PM
215.0 MPH
United States, VT, Essex
Joined Jul 2007
1,181 Posts
Same here.

Quote:
Hallo Mike
my plane has two click down on the elevator for level flight
Old Aug 03, 2011, 02:40 PM
Denmark
Joined Apr 2010
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markusvt View Post
My set-up exactly. I fly it often, no issues.

Here is a trick for these types of planes on grass.

Once she is down on on the grass, ease back on the throttle, and up on the elevator, when you come to a complete stop, you will be at full up elevator. Don't let it take off again, idea is to keep the nose light, and the tail planted as you are coming to a stop. It works every time.

I have had to program in up in up ailerons and an elevator mix to slow similar planes on grass and avoided a nose over, but have not needed it on this one.
thanks for the trick, I will try it next time and see how it goes
is your spitfire ok, or can you begin to see some damages after all the times it has flown , do you have some pictures of the spitfire now?
Old Aug 04, 2011, 11:58 AM
215.0 MPH
United States, VT, Essex
Joined Jul 2007
1,181 Posts
Still looks great!

Quote:
thanks for the trick, I will try it next time and see how it goes
is your spitfire ok, or can you begin to see some damages after all the times it has flown , do you have some pictures of the spitfire now?