HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 06, 2011, 07:55 PM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus78 View Post
May I say that she is gorgeous!

I may also add, that your project made me want the CMP Spit as my next project, as my Hyperion Mustang is nearing completion. I just love the shape of the CMP Spit. And after I've flown with the hyperion, I'm not settling on any foamies.
Thanks Lupus....
I feel like I may have let everybody down by not getting her up in the air by now. The fact is it's been terribly windy here for at least two+ months. I fitted the inexspensive e-tracts and am very pleased with them but now need to figure out a way to use gear doors. Also the horiz stab is crackled ( again) due to ...........she's a my clumsiness.
Anyway I agree, this is the best looking Spit out there for sure. I still end up just staring at mine admiring that sweet profile....it's poetry.
capteasy is online now Find More Posts by capteasy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite hawker Hurricane 25E
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2011, 03:12 AM
"We're in the pipe, 5 by 5"
Finland, Vantaa
Joined Jun 2010
207 Posts
Heh, don't sweat it! You've already proven that the CMP Spitty is possible to be made to look absolutely gorgeous. Take your time and fly when you feel ready.

Wind truly can be a bummer. I've also had very few opportunities to fly my Hyperion Mustang, as it's been so damned windy. Still some scale detail stuff and weathering of the wings to do, but it's now fully functional and flies like a dream come true (when the weather allows). Good thing is that this time of the year the sun sets at 22:30 so I have plenty of time in the evening to wait for the night calm.

This CMP Spitty would be great as my next winter's scale project. (It's a loooong winter over here.) And I'm real interested of your flaps solution. I'm planning of making most of the stuff with the Shapeways 3d printing (like my Hyperion upgrades), as their material is pretty light material and incredibly durable. Even the split flaps could be done with the same technique. Planning of making a cockpit kit and a british pilot for it too.
Lupus78 is offline Find More Posts by Lupus78
Old Jun 08, 2011, 11:29 PM
80's Metal....
Joined Dec 2009
3,557 Posts
Hey Capt.. good to see things are well. You've already done so much with the scale detailing don't worry about the maiden. I'd wait until conditions are right too!

I have been busy with one the Spit's favorite targets though..
HKing_PwnsMe is offline Find More Posts by HKing_PwnsMe
Old Jun 08, 2011, 11:32 PM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKing_PwnsMe View Post
Hey Capt.. good to see things are well. You've already done so much with the scale detailing don't worry about the maiden. I'd wait until conditions are right too!

I have been busy with one the Spit's favorite targets though..
Thanks guys...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 10, 2011, 12:18 AM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,824 Posts
Man, the winds are nuts ...it's gusting to 20mph even at night now. Is it just here in TX, or is anyone else suffering forn the same situation? Maybe I should have taken up sailing.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 10, 2011, 01:09 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Mar 2009
1,438 Posts
Been real nice here in Melbourne... Today is calm, but cold.
I have next week off so I am hoping that there will be a few days of good weather that I can skive off down to the field for some stick time.

Cheers,

Hugh
MerlinV is offline Find More Posts by MerlinV
Old Jun 10, 2011, 10:10 AM
80's Metal....
Joined Dec 2009
3,557 Posts
It's been June Gloom all week here is Socal but the weather has been great for flying! I've been looking out the window just waiting for the weekend..
HKing_PwnsMe is offline Find More Posts by HKing_PwnsMe
Old Jun 10, 2011, 12:23 PM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,824 Posts
Well, glad some of you have a chance to get in the air.....maybe we'll get a break here eventually.....or consider building with cast iron.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 13, 2011, 03:52 AM
Finland, Vantaa
Joined Jun 2010
207 Posts
Just ordered the CMPro Spitfire 50-size. Can't wait to have it...
Old Jun 13, 2011, 09:41 AM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus78 View Post
Just ordered the CMPro Spitfire 50-size. Can't wait to have it...
Please keep us up to date on your impressions and build when you have time....
Best,
ce
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 13, 2011, 10:41 PM
Joined May 2010
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capteasy View Post
Man, the winds are nuts ...it's gusting to 20mph even at night now. Is it just here in TX, or is anyone else suffering forn the same situation? Maybe I should have taken up sailing.
In your own time Capt for the maiden, thats a lot of nice work to be impatient with.....Though have you considered moving?

John
johnUK66 is offline Find More Posts by johnUK66
Old Jun 13, 2011, 10:43 PM
Joined May 2010
259 Posts
Heres a Spit build log I wanted to share, I have linked to page two so you can check out the exhaust stacks done with graphite powder, very nice methinks!...... http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread...1a-AR213/page2

Enjoy, John
Old Jun 14, 2011, 12:00 AM
Finland, Vantaa
Joined Jun 2010
207 Posts
capteasy: Will do. But I'm afraid it'll take a while before it's done. You can't rush a work of art...

John: Astounding detail! Now that's a scale model!
Old Jun 14, 2011, 06:31 AM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnUK66 View Post
Heres a Spit build log I wanted to share, I have linked to page two so you can check out the exhaust stacks done with graphite powder, very nice methinks!...... http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread...1a-AR213/page2

Enjoy, John
Simply stunning work on that Spitfire....what a beauty.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 14, 2011, 07:53 AM
Joined May 2010
259 Posts
Glad to share chaps...even a height adjustable seat! Has my initials too though wrong order mine are J.E.Z.

John