HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 21, 2010, 04:52 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristjane View Post
Today I had first crash.
Congratulations on the successful third flight and welcome to the Crash Club.
rimshotcopter is online now Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2010, 04:53 PM
Brushless
Joined Mar 2009
2,049 Posts
Kristjane - Sorry about that crash - luckily it is an easy repair - with a heli that would have been a different story - It was hard to tell but did you lose orientation and crash into the tree? Looking good -

Mike
cdi3d is offline Find More Posts by cdi3d
Old Feb 21, 2010, 05:45 PM
Certified RPAS Instructor
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
I can run quite a bit more gain if I use the digital mode (about 5%). That will depend on the ESC motor and prop. The only problems I have heard about is using the digital mode with some HK brand ESCís. I use Turnigy ESCís and they have always worked perfectly in the digital mode.

I always run the delay at 0. I tried other settings but did not see any difference.

I have also found that frame stiffness makes a difference in the max gain you can run. Stiffer booms and a more rigid frame allow more gain and better stability.

That is the key my friend!! The stiffer the frame the higher the gain
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 21, 2010, 06:06 PM
Have a nice day! Kristjan
Slovenia, Novo mesto, äentjernej
Joined Jan 2006
800 Posts
@reverendrichie
Thanks!

@cdi3d
It was all ok, until I made that right turn, then model stopped and with some turbulence it just happened. No big deal, just broken boom and propeller.
I had been very lucky that model fall on ground, because it hanged for about 10s on electric wires.
kristjane is offline Find More Posts by kristjane
Old Feb 21, 2010, 07:17 PM
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
1,624 Posts
Well I finally had a chance to take out the tri today for some flying and some AP and video. I must say that I think this will be my preferred AP AV platform. The Tri is so stable... and I'm now getting the hang of flying it proficiently. I took it out this afternoon and then later this evening.. I still think that I should do a bit of a better job isolating the vibes but I must say I'm impressed even the way it is right now. Here are some pics taken this evening. The photos were taken at basically sunset so the lighting was not all that great and the shutter speed was between 1/300 to 1/400 of a second. Most of my pics came out perfect.. I'm impressed..I was really not expecting any sharp shots... I was wrong...they were all good except for one... Here is a couple of shots from this evening including a self portrait... I'm loving this platform..Thank you so much BOB for this thread....

Video still to come...
Talontsi96 is offline Find More Posts by Talontsi96
Old Feb 21, 2010, 08:07 PM
Brushless
Joined Mar 2009
2,049 Posts
Nice Job Tal!!! Do you have the lights on the tri yet? Great shots - I agree this will be my go to platform for sure -

Mike
Old Feb 21, 2010, 08:18 PM
Joined Jun 2004
1,624 Posts
No lights on mine yet... I like those lights you sent me though.. I'm ordering a bunch more from HK as soon as the 750s come into stock... It will be a big order.... I just viewed the videos taken with the tri and I'm getting lots of vibes that I will definitely have to work on getting rid off. I'm actually surprised that the photos came out so good... the video shows lots of vibes...
Last edited by Talontsi96; Feb 21, 2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 08:46 PM
Near Austin
Joined Dec 2001
5,388 Posts
Tal, great job! Seems like we've both overcome our tri "block"!

You look a little cold, eh?

Gene
CenTexFlyer is offline Find More Posts by CenTexFlyer
Old Feb 21, 2010, 08:50 PM
Joined Jun 2004
1,624 Posts
It was not too bad today for temperature, but in the evening the wind picked up so that was not so pleasant... The tri took the wind just fine... though... I did not fly the tri for two days in a row because I had a nasty flu... I'm still recovering, but I figured I need to fly the tri... I'm glad I did... I'm getting more and more comfortable with it...

BOB... Did I hear you right? You said that its safe to run the 750's without the C clips holding the shaft in place?
Old Feb 21, 2010, 09:02 PM
United States, AL, Foley
Joined Nov 2005
532 Posts
Good pics Tal! I'm still working on camera mounting. Bought some new foam today.
CoastalTom is offline Find More Posts by CoastalTom
Old Feb 21, 2010, 09:16 PM
Brushless
Joined Mar 2009
2,049 Posts
Tom - I have been using pelican case foam the grey stuff and it works great - I made a universal camera mount today for my a640 and gopro and any other camera I decide to use so I should have some images hopefully tomorrow after the new gyros arrive - whooohooo - Also adapted a universal mount for my landing gear so it is easy on and easy off -
Old Feb 21, 2010, 10:23 PM
United States, AL, Foley
Joined Nov 2005
532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdi3d View Post
Tom - I have been using pelican case foam the grey stuff and it works great - I made a universal camera mount today for my a640 and gopro and any other camera I decide to use so I should have some images hopefully tomorrow after the new gyros arrive - whooohooo - Also adapted a universal mount for my landing gear so it is easy on and easy off -
I would like to see pics of your camera mounting ideas. I've got anA620 but cannot get sharp stills from it. The video recording does not seem to be as effected by the vibes.

Thanks.
CoastalTom is offline Find More Posts by CoastalTom
Old Feb 22, 2010, 05:12 AM
Belgium, Walloon Region, Attert
Joined Dec 2009
18 Posts
Hello, (sorry for my english)

I just finish my tricopter with HK material.

I use those one:
Gyro:
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idproduct=8471
and
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idproduct=9094
ESC:
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idproduct=6458
Motor:
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idproduct=8481
10x4.7 props
Receptor:
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idproduct=6441
I use a graupner MC19.

But all gyro can't initialised.
When i put ESC directly to the receptor, all ok. but when i put the ESC on gyro and gyro on the receptor,... dont work,..

can you help me.
eggyone is offline Find More Posts by eggyone
Old Feb 22, 2010, 05:26 AM
Electronic juggler
Joined Jan 2004
208 Posts
Eggyone, your rx is at fault. Check Ilmar's excellent video:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1121
You need to apply power to the gyros after you have powered up the RX, then they will initialize properly.
jsirkia is offline Find More Posts by jsirkia
Old Feb 22, 2010, 05:28 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,631 Posts
If you first power up the gyros and let them initialize and then power up the ESCís it may work.
RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man