HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2010, 08:19 PM
Powell TN
Joined Jan 2008
735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talontsi96 View Post
I really like your cover too...it looks really cool....... What 40 size plane was it off of?
Not really sure , just picked up at my LHS ....

Terry
KAMAX-T is offline Find More Posts by KAMAX-T
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2010, 08:24 PM
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
1,624 Posts
My cover is quite heavy... 1.34 oz... so I'll probably use it to vacuum form something out of ABS ... its going to be a pretty decent template....
Talontsi96 is offline Find More Posts by Talontsi96
Old Feb 04, 2010, 08:39 PM
USA, NC, Matthews
Joined Aug 2008
3,249 Posts
My latest design. I think i will keep this one.
techspy is offline Find More Posts by techspy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Esprit Saga
Old Feb 04, 2010, 08:51 PM
Joined Jun 2004
1,624 Posts
^^^^ I like ^^^^ Very Much.....

Mine has the camera in front though...
Old Feb 04, 2010, 08:52 PM
Flying with the eagles
Eagle's nest
Joined Nov 2008
2,121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talontsi96 View Post
Ok.. I was going to do some vacuum forming but I decided to go to the dollar store first and see what I could find... well... as luck would have it I found a perfect cover... just perfect... so I'll forget about the vacuum former for a bit...

Here it is.... A pizza slice container at the dollar store. Some velcro pieces on it and the tri base and vuala.... a perfect cover... I will paint mine black to make it look bad-ass and will get the same thing for the bottom since I have a bunch of electronics down there as well... What do you guys think?
Nice and neat. Tupperware Tricopter.
etman is offline Find More Posts by etman
Old Feb 04, 2010, 09:47 PM
Plane Insane RC.com
Spanish Fork Utah
Joined Mar 2005
1,327 Posts
So everyone is always asking me "How much can your tricopter lift?" I always reply with "I'm not really sure." So to find out, I had my 4 year old daughter hold on and see if it could lift her. Well, it did!
Tricopter Takes off with Child hanging on! (0 min 53 sec)
chicken hawk is offline Find More Posts by chicken hawk
Old Feb 04, 2010, 10:21 PM
Swansea, Massachusetts
Joined Dec 2004
2,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken hawk View Post
So everyone is always asking me "How much can your tricopter lift?" I always reply with "I'm not really sure." So to find out, I had my 4 year old daughter hold on and see if it could lift her. Well, it did!
http://www.vimeo.com/9218895
CHILD ABUSE!!!! Thats cool. I like the foam copter!
signguy is offline Find More Posts by signguy
Old Feb 04, 2010, 10:38 PM
Redmond OR
Joined Dec 2009
38 Posts
Video tests are up

tricopter madien.mp4 (3 min 10 sec)

Not bad no vibration using our new camera mount landing gear system
we are using HD camcoder not to mention this is madien flight of the tricopter too.
Averticalview is offline Find More Posts by Averticalview
Old Feb 05, 2010, 12:39 AM
Joined Jun 2004
1,624 Posts
Well.. I test flew the tri again today... Batteries still suck and I had a 1 minute flight before the beeping made me land...... I can't wait for the new batteries to arrive... In any event I decided to have some fun with it and threw together this video... Its pretty lame but I had fun making it...

Tri-Copter Test Flight (2 min 18 sec)
Old Feb 05, 2010, 01:21 AM
Certified RPAS Instructor
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,820 Posts
Well, I can now say I am completely addicted!!!

I spent about 30 minutes in the air (Multiple batteries) today FPVing my Tri, and I am completely in love with it!!

Here is the latest video - If you thought it was easy to fly line of sight, you should see how easy it is to fly from the cockpit!! I AM LOVING IT!!!

Second FPV in my Tricopter (3 min 24 sec)

Also, below are some pics of my camera mount. Gotta love pool noodle, and a new FPV toolbox I have setup. Its great as its on wheels... so toolbox pulled with one hand, Tricopter in the other. No more multiple trips to the truck.

Cheers
-J
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2010, 02:14 AM
Flying with the eagles
Eagle's nest
Joined Nov 2008
2,121 Posts
Hi Mongrel,

Cool! Its great that you enjoy FPV on your tricopter. And a very functional FPV toolbox on wheels you have there.

In the spirit of a foldable and portable tricopter, you also have a portable FPV toolbox, that's great. Suggestion: put one pocket basket for the tricopter to slip in.

Both TX/RX are whip antennas I see? You are flying around yourself in short range so I guess thats the best antenna for omnidirectional....
Oh sorry you were using a patch with antenna tracker.... Ok I'm confused now, you have a patch and a whip in your box, which were you using, I guess it was the whip.

Using a cheapy FPV camera too? I won't dare to put my expensive USD 200camera on that. Time for me to get a cheapy. Or I bury my expensive camera in a pool noodle. It's an amazingly versatile thing, those pool noodles.
Last edited by etman; Feb 05, 2010 at 02:25 AM.
Old Feb 05, 2010, 02:25 AM
Worn-out the seat of my pants
Dorset UK
Joined Dec 2006
922 Posts
Quote:
I wondered when this would start! Come on folks start getting creative with the depron and card. We want 3D objects next!

BTW Chicken Hawk, from behind you do look alarmingly like that crazy UFO guy......
Lomcevac is offline Find More Posts by Lomcevac
Old Feb 05, 2010, 02:28 AM
Flying with the eagles
Eagle's nest
Joined Nov 2008
2,121 Posts
Quote:
http://www.vimeo.com/9218895
Joker of the century.

Great idea. Anything that is a profile can be put up there.
Old Feb 05, 2010, 02:39 AM
Certified RPAS Instructor
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by etman View Post
Hi Mongrel,

Cool! Its great that you enjoy FPV on your tricopter. And a very functional FPV toolbox on wheels you have there.

In the spirit of a foldable and portable tricopter, you also have a portable FPV toolbox, that's great. Suggestion: put one pocket basket for the tricopter to slip in.

Both TX/RX are whip antennas I see? You are flying around yourself in short range so I guess thats the best antenna for omnidirectional....
Oh sorry you were using a patch with antenna tracker.... Ok I'm confused now, you have a patch and a whip in your box, which were you using, I guess it was the whip.

Using a cheapy FPV camera too? I won't dare to put my expensive USD 200camera on that. Time for me to get a cheapy. Or I bury my expensive camera in a pool noodle. It's an amazingly versatile thing, those pool noodles.
Yep - I was only using the Omni Whip. The antenna tracker is used for my Big Wing Easy Star and not the Tri-copter.

I am still getting the hang of it, so I stay in close, just in case it goes in.

The next thing to put on it is this... http://www.mongrelgear.com.au/news-m...hark-hd-camera

I am SO looking forward to that!!

Cheers
-J
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2010, 03:16 AM
Flying with the eagles
Eagle's nest
Joined Nov 2008
2,121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mongrel View Post
Yep - I was only using the Omni Whip. The antenna tracker is used for my Big Wing Easy Star and not the Tri-copter.

I am still getting the hang of it, so I stay in close, just in case it goes in.

The next thing to put on it is this... http://www.mongrelgear.com.au/news-m...hark-hd-camera

I am SO looking forward to that!!

Cheers
-J
Gosh, thats a GoPro killer cam.