SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:25 AM
It flew...nearly!
Norway
Joined Apr 2006
1,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajas View Post
here is the maiden-video of my tricopter to day..

http://vimeo.com/8849005
Bra gjort, bajas! Very nice flight.
I am on the sim most evenings in preparation for crashing my tricopter...
matthew
Duck! is offline Find More Posts by Duck!
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:38 AM
Have a nice day! Kristjan
Slovenia, Novo mesto, Šentjernej
Joined Jan 2006
822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC5FF View Post
Duck / Kristjane
Just FYI: A buddy of mine picked up several of these servos from HK. They worked great in all regards except for centering. A little over half of his bunch had issues with that... Not to put down these BB's - just thought I'd throw this bit of info out there.
Hmm...
My second choice is Ino lab HGD 250MG
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s.../_.21s_/_4.0kg

I had HXT9320MG for my fun jet with vector thrust and MPX tiny-s. I changed at least 4 gear sets on MPX and none on hxt.
Fun jet with vector thrust (4 min 9 sec)
kristjane is offline Find More Posts by kristjane
Old Jan 20, 2010, 11:11 AM
United States, AL, Foley
Joined Nov 2005
539 Posts
I too used a T-Rex 600 blade grip + spindle. I removed the top plate of the grip and mounted the motor to the bottom half. I did use a ply shim under the motor to get the correct vertical angle. Servo is gooped and taped to the wooden arm. Ball links on servo arm and blade grip. It is very precise and tight. Make sure you use tight ball links.
CoastalTom is online now Find More Posts by CoastalTom
Old Jan 20, 2010, 11:30 AM
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
1,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdemon View Post
Talontsi96
I have the same frame still to be mounted, how long are those carbon arms?
Any tricks about assembling the central pod?
Thank you
Pierluigi
The arms are 24" from center of base to motor centers. The assembly of the parts is pretty simple. No real tricks.
Talontsi96 is offline Find More Posts by Talontsi96
Old Jan 20, 2010, 01:01 PM
Ronnie - Sheffield UK (G0NJD)
Sheffield, S. Yorks, UK
Joined May 2007
401 Posts
Im still waiting for bits to arrive so in the meantime I thought I would test the spare motors I have. I think this one would do although Signguy says it may not have enough resolution

I tested the motor (Towerpro 2410-12t 1000kv) on the test rig with 9x4.7 and a 10x4.7 SF props. The ESC was a Turnigy Plush 25a (SS have arrived but I havent put connectors on yet), the battery was a Rhino 11.1v 1750mah 20c

The tester is MedUSA Pro with the thrust cell and RPM sensors

I'm impresssed with the figures although the specs say no more than 9a (yeh right!), motor was hardly warm after the tests

Let me know what you think, I can easily order the DT750 but would like to use up what I have laying around

Ronnie

BTW the thrust is in grams
mallettron is offline Find More Posts by mallettron
Last edited by mallettron; Jan 20, 2010 at 01:12 PM. Reason: cant speel
Old Jan 20, 2010, 06:31 PM
Certified RPAS Instructor
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalTom View Post
I too used a T-Rex 600 blade grip + spindle. I removed the top plate of the grip and mounted the motor to the bottom half. I did use a ply shim under the motor to get the correct vertical angle. Servo is gooped and taped to the wooden arm. Ball links on servo arm and blade grip. It is very precise and tight. Make sure you use tight ball links.
Thanks Guys,

Mounting the Blade Grip was the easy bit. I just used carbon rod, inside another carbon rod, inside another carbon rod, that went inside the square carbon. All glued and very tight fit. The blade grip spindle moves beautifully.

I am just scratching my head how to attach the servo arm to the blade grip ball joint to get it to function properly.

I noticed your servo is mounted sideways... might look at that tonight.

Cheers
-J
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2010, 06:48 PM
United States, AL, Foley
Joined Nov 2005
539 Posts
Here's a couple of views from the other side to show the linkage. Typical heli type link of ball links and short threaded rod.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 06:53 PM
Certified RPAS Instructor
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,814 Posts
TOM - That is PERFECT!! Just what I needed to see!!

Thanks mate - I will get myself some linkages today.

I suppose the motor does not need to move all that much does it?

Cheers
-J
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2010, 07:02 PM
United States, AL, Foley
Joined Nov 2005
539 Posts
My motor tilts maybe 25-30 degs either side of center. The amount of movement is determined here by servo arm length. Actually the more the better and can be reduced or tamed by expo from the TX. Use a good stiff servo arm.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 07:30 PM
Swansea, Massachusetts
Joined Dec 2004
2,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallettron View Post
Im still waiting for bits to arrive so in the meantime I thought I would test the spare motors I have. I think this one would do although Signguy says it may not have enough resolution

I tested the motor (Towerpro 2410-12t 1000kv) on the test rig with 9x4.7 and a 10x4.7 SF props. The ESC was a Turnigy Plush 25a (SS have arrived but I havent put connectors on yet), the battery was a Rhino 11.1v 1750mah 20c

The tester is MedUSA Pro with the thrust cell and RPM sensors

I'm impresssed with the figures although the specs say no more than 9a (yeh right!), motor was hardly warm after the tests

Let me know what you think, I can easily order the DT750 but would like to use up what I have laying around

Ronnie

BTW the thrust is in grams
Those Medusa meters were made only a few miles from me. I did sign work for them
signguy is offline Find More Posts by signguy
Old Jan 20, 2010, 08:20 PM
Flying with the eagles
Eagle's nest
Joined Nov 2008
2,121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristjane View Post
Hmm...
My second choice is Ino lab HGD 250MG
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s.../_.21s_/_4.0kg

I had HXT9320MG for my fun jet with vector thrust and MPX tiny-s. I changed at least 4 gear sets on MPX and none on hxt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upb17Mt4jbk
Very nice Funjet, kristjane.

That servo is expensive at USD 43.
But well if a HXT can outlast 4 MPX then it is worth the money.
etman is offline Find More Posts by etman
Old Jan 20, 2010, 09:15 PM
NY Freedom Fighter
Joined Feb 2007
1,502 Posts
I have read through most of this thread but I still have a question about the three yellow gain wires coming from the telebee gyros. Exactly how are you connecting them to the throttle (channel 3) on the RX? Are they all going to one pin or are each going to a different pin? Does anyone have a picture of this that they can post? Silly, but I'm stuck on this for some reason.
BatterysIncluded is offline Find More Posts by BatterysIncluded
Old Jan 20, 2010, 09:19 PM
Joined Jan 2005
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by etman View Post
That servo is expensive at USD 43.
But well if a HXT can outlast 4 MPX then it is worth the money.
Actually it's only $20 when you sign in.

Yoram
TigerPilot is offline Find More Posts by TigerPilot
Old Jan 20, 2010, 09:23 PM
Joined Jan 2005
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterysIncluded View Post
I have read through most of this thread but I still have a question about the three yellow gain wires coming from the telebee gyros. Exactly how are you connecting them to the throttle (channel 3) on the RX? Are they all going to one pin or are each going to a different pin? Does anyone have a picture of this that they can post? Silly, but I'm stuck on this for some reason.
They get connected together either through a harness or by cutting them form the connector and soldering them together and then to a connector, all three on the same pin.
TigerPilot is offline Find More Posts by TigerPilot
Old Jan 20, 2010, 09:25 PM
NY Freedom Fighter
Joined Feb 2007
1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPilot View Post
They get connected together either through a harness or by cutting them form the connector and soldering them together and then to a connector, all three on the same pin.
Which pin?
BatterysIncluded is offline Find More Posts by BatterysIncluded