HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 07, 2012, 10:07 PM
Auckland New Zealand
Joined Sep 2010
1,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_wheel View Post
OK. I have it in acro mode, no mixing. How did the heli mix help you?

Later;

D.W.
Well I made a tri using the HK KK V3 board for a friend. I used an acro mix and found that the craft was always lazy to one side and needed trimming hard on the aileron to lift evenly . Once up it was a pain in the butt to fly. I changed to a 1 servo heli mix and the thing was a totally different machine. It still had some oscillations but I didn't mess with the gyro sensitivity as I felt my friend could deal with that bit.
I don't think this will help oscillations. But it made my build easier to fly. I believe much of the oscillating experienced by people is from resonance in the craft.
I had it bad in my tricopter and tuning my wii FC made little difference unless I pulled the P back to 1 or 2 which made it a handful. I changed the way I built my machine and now it's very smooth. It is as slick as the old gyro model I posted the video for a few posts back.
BigJimNZ is offline Find More Posts by BigJimNZ
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 04:27 PM
Old fart. VAAATSP
Deep in the Heart of Texas
Joined Jun 2004
1,963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimNZ View Post
Well I made a tri using the HK KK V3 board for a friend. I used an acro mix and found that the craft was always lazy to one side and needed trimming hard on the aileron to lift evenly . Once up it was a pain in the butt to fly. I changed to a 1 servo heli mix and the thing was a totally different machine. It still had some oscillations but I didn't mess with the gyro sensitivity as I felt my friend could deal with that bit.
I don't think this will help oscillations. But it made my build easier to fly. I believe much of the oscillating experienced by people is from resonance in the craft.
I had it bad in my tricopter and tuning my wii FC made little difference unless I pulled the P back to 1 or 2 which made it a handful. I changed the way I built my machine and now it's very smooth. It is as slick as the old gyro model I posted the video for a few posts back.
In my case, other than the oscillation it flies fine. But the rocking/oscillation ruins any video I make.

Later;
D.W.
d_wheel is offline Find More Posts by d_wheel
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:43 PM
Lets make it remote control!!!
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
ok guys i need help.... if u used a kk board could someone post how they wiredthere escs to the board and how u hooked up your tx to the kk board? i have my tx set to 120 ccpm but having issues using old wiring diagram when gyros were used i know its not right doesnt make sense so any help thanks ..... itchin to fly lol
abletowinginc is offline Find More Posts by abletowinginc
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:44 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
also did you make changes to tx setup besides reversing etc.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:34 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
also read something i never knew maybe someone could confirm. it said that you should only have one bec from your speed controllers hooked up? is this correct? if so i just cut the red wire and heat shrink to keep from shorting correct?
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:43 PM
Auckland New Zealand
Joined Sep 2010
1,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abletowinginc View Post
ok guys i need help.... if u used a kk board could someone post how they wiredthere escs to the board and how u hooked up your tx to the kk board? i have my tx set to 120 ccpm but having issues using old wiring diagram when gyros were used i know its not right doesnt make sense so any help thanks ..... itchin to fly lol
Try using a single servo 90 mix. The throttle etc should hook to the board as per the legend on the board.
The first 3 connections for the escs to the board are for each arm the fourth is for the yaw servo. They are labelled on the board M1 , M2 etc.Negative is to the outside edge of the board. I don't recall which is which but its not hard to work once you get them spinning.
The yaw servo will not operate until the board is armed and some throttle applied.

Have you downloaded the instruction PDF from the " files " tab where the product is listed at HK ??
Most of the relevant info is in that doc even though its for a quad
Last edited by BigJimNZ; Nov 11, 2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:44 PM
Auckland New Zealand
Joined Sep 2010
1,294 Posts
Quote:
also read something i never knew maybe someone could confirm. it said that you should only have one bec from your speed controllers hooked up? is this correct? if so i just cut the red wire and heat shrink to keep from shorting correct?
It didn't seem to matter on mine but my preference would be to use just the one and usually a separate UBEC
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:49 PM
Auckland New Zealand
Joined Sep 2010
1,294 Posts
I seem to recall having to add a little to the yaw end points to get it to arm.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:53 PM
Old fart. VAAATSP
Joined Jun 2004
1,963 Posts
Quote:
Do NOT use ccpm mixing. That is done for you in the KK board. Either use a 90 degree heli mix, or just straight acro. Aileron, Elevator, Throttle, Rudder.

Later;

D.W.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:54 PM
Old fart. VAAATSP
Joined Jun 2004
1,963 Posts
Quote:
also did you make changes to tx setup besides reversing etc.
I didn't have to make any changes in transmitter.

Later;

D.W.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:56 PM
Old fart. VAAATSP
Joined Jun 2004
1,963 Posts
Quote:
Correct. Since there are no servos to power, one of the speed control bec's should provide sufficient power. However, I prefer a separate bec.

Later;

D.W.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:33 PM
Auckland New Zealand
Joined Sep 2010
1,294 Posts
Quote:
Correct. Since there are no servos to power, one of the speed control bec's should provide sufficient power. However, I prefer a separate bec.

Later;

D.W.
Given this is a tri there might be one servo there somewhere
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:13 AM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
ok i ve got it working somewhat but need to reverse gyro on the yaw but i cant get the board to enter program mode like i did when i made my quad. this is the v3 board latest one hobbyking has out with out the lcd though. i ve tried the pot full ccw and full cw wont enter program mode. just does its single flash three times over and over. and ideas
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:52 AM
Old fart. VAAATSP
Joined Jun 2004
1,963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimNZ View Post
Given this is a tri there might be one servo there somewhere
Must have had a senior moment there.... Depending on the servo used, analog instead of digital, most bec's will handle the current of 1 servo with no problem. I would still prefer using a separate bec in this case.

Later;

D.W.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:00 PM
Auckland New Zealand
Joined Sep 2010
1,294 Posts
Quote:
Must have had a senior moment there.... Depending on the servo used, analog instead of digital, most bec's will handle the current of 1 servo with no problem. I would still prefer using a separate bec in this case.

Later;

D.W.
Me too heeeeeeeeee