HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2001, 05:06 PM
Frequent User
Broomfield, CO, USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,172 Posts
Ulead Video Studio deinterlace still capture

Just in case anyone is using Ulead Video Studio for video capture, if you go to Global Commands > Preferences > Capture, you can select a checkbox to deinterlace your still image captures. Quality of the capture goes way up, as this shot of a rear-launched Wingo shows:
yb2normal is offline Find More Posts by yb2normal
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2001, 03:53 PM
Los Alamos, NM, USofA
Joined Nov 2000
3,123 Posts
Capture tip

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to try it out. Which capture card are you using?

Daren
Daren is offline Find More Posts by Daren
Old Sep 19, 2001, 04:10 PM
Westchester County, NY, USA
Joined Jun 2000
2,443 Posts
YB, I took your advice and am using ULead. I finally figured it all out but I didn't know about that deinterlace feature. I'll have to try that out. I still use Adobe Premiere for joining videos, and I like their transitions capability.

Come to think of it I was getting better stills captures using my old ATI card with the S-video connection from the camcorder. I guess that deinterlace option is the way to go.
Danny Troy is offline Find More Posts by Danny Troy
Old Sep 19, 2001, 06:02 PM
Frequent User
Broomfield, CO, USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,172 Posts
Hey Daren,

I use a Firewire card to transfer the video directly from my digital camcorder.

Danny, glad to hear Ulead is working out for you. I've never used Adobe so I'm not sure of their transition effects, but as a video neophyte I was pretty impressed with Ulead's ability.

After having used the two, can you say why you like the Adobe transitions better?
yb2normal is offline Find More Posts by yb2normal
Old Sep 19, 2001, 09:56 PM
Westchester County, NY, USA
Joined Jun 2000
2,443 Posts
YB, To tell you the truth I haven't used ULead for linking different videos and adding transitions. The consensus of the pros says Premiere is a better product for the professional, and it's price (for the full version) reflects that. You should download a trial copy and see how you like it.
Although, if ULead does the job for you stick with it. One thing about Premiere is that it lacks still capture, or at least I haven't figured out how to use it if it's there.
Danny Troy is offline Find More Posts by Danny Troy