Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by A.T., who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 05:44 PM
Gustaff
Guatemala
Joined Aug 2008
18 Posts
Hi, I’m looking for help. Installed the spectra 2.4 Module to a FUTABA T8UAP S, but it does not work. Red led turns on but nothing else seems to work, the RF indicator “underscore” does not activate at power on like it does with Spectra Multichanel or a Futaba FM Modules. I checked on PCM first, then PCM but nothing. Tried to bind the receiver, nothing. What else may I be doing wrong?
Lherning is offline Find More Posts by Lherning
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2010, 05:54 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lherning View Post
Hi, I’m looking for help. Installed the spectra 2.4 Module to a FUTABA T8UAP S, but it does not work. Red led turns on but nothing else seems to work, the RF indicator “underscore” does not activate at power on like it does with Spectra Multichanel or a Futaba FM Modules. I checked on PCM first, then PCM but nothing. Tried to bind the receiver, nothing. What else may I be doing wrong?
Please start a new thread with each new question.
With regard to your "T8UAP not working"
1. RF indicators only work with 35mhz, 36mhz, 40mhz, 41mhz, 72mhz or 75 mhz modules. It does not work with any 2.4GHz module as the RF does not pass through through the older system/antenna.
2. AFHSS - ID-Setup A.K.A, binding or linking & Range Testing Spectra Pro Module <> Optima Receiver - TX must be set to PPM.

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {frequently updated]

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 02:39 AM
Joined Mar 2004
271 Posts
Mike:

I have tried the Spectra hack on a JR 8103, even using the "Digital inputs" as stated on the MPX/Spectra thread and it works perfectly with no perceivable delay, but the module does not work with the XP9303, why doesn't it work for the 9 channel radio? what extra processing is done on the upcoming Spectra JR Module to deal with the 9 channel PPM signal? Is there a final date for the JR Spectra module to hit the market?

thanks
Alexis_Ruiz is online now Find More Posts by Alexis_Ruiz
Old Jul 25, 2010, 05:49 AM
kalps
Joined Jan 2008
37 Posts
hi, i am using Optima 7 with Aurora. I am using the same lipo to power the servos and also connected the SPC with the last two wires. Now all that besides the point. What i observed was when i powered down the model and took off the LIPO, the Tx still showed that it was connected, on air and Telemetry showed the last battery readout. Is this a new bug???
kalps is offline Find More Posts by kalps
Old Jul 25, 2010, 07:00 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalps View Post
hi, i am using Optima 7 with Aurora. I am using the same lipo to power the servos and also connected the SPC with the last two wires. Now all that besides the point. What i observed was when i powered down the model and took off the LIPO, the Tx still showed that it was connected, on air and Telemetry showed the last battery readout. Is this a new bug???
No, The TX shows on air because it is still transmitting and continues to display the last packet received from RX.
As per manual and previous threads, irrespective of transmitter/receiver, example: Transmitter On First - Off Last

Alan T.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 06:31 PM
kalps
Joined Jan 2008
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
No, The TX shows on air because it is still transmitting and continues to display the last packet received from RX.
As per manual and previous threads, irrespective of transmitter/receiver, example: Transmitter On First - Off Last

Alan T.

Thanks Alan
kalps is offline Find More Posts by kalps
Old Aug 05, 2010, 11:23 AM
Sloping the Financial Cliff
USA, CA, Santee
Joined Oct 2007
2,444 Posts
Is there a way to have the flap slider (LS is default) inactive and still get full flap travel in butterfly?
I don't want to slider to do anything but have to select it in the set up to get full flap servo offset.
fcbflyer is offline Find More Posts by fcbflyer
Old Aug 09, 2010, 12:19 AM
Joined Sep 2003
96 Posts
Dumb question,
I can't seem to figure out how to select slider switches in order to use them. When assigning switches, the sliders don't see to be an option. Where can you use the slider switches? Sorry but I'm new to all of this and don't even understand most of the mixes (crow, camber ????)

Thanks!

One of the things I'd like to do is use the slider switches on a twin to match engine rpm during flight...right slider switch can be increased decrease throttle of no. 2 engine and left slider switch can do the same.
Homebrewer is offline Find More Posts by Homebrewer
Old Aug 09, 2010, 04:55 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcbflyer View Post
Is there a way to have the flap slider (LS is default) inactive and still get full flap travel in butterfly?
I don't want to slider to do anything but have to select it in the set up to get full flap servo offset.

After setting up Butterfly as normal, go back to the System Menu.
> [Channel] - note Ch5 = FLAP:LS. Touch to highlight "LS" and [SEL] a two position switch, say F.
Repeat for Ch6 FLP2:LS. Highlight "LS"and [SEL] same two position switch, say F.
NB: Not tried on a model, just using Monitor and Channel Screens.

Regards
Alan T.
Old Aug 09, 2010, 04:57 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrewer View Post
Dumb question, I can't seem to figure out how to select slider switches in order to use them. When assigning switches, the sliders don't see to be an option. Where can you use the slider switches? Sorry but I'm new to all of this and don't even understand most of the mixes (crow, camber ????)Thanks! One of the things I'd like to do is use the slider switches on a twin to match engine rpm during flight...right slider switch can be increased decrease throttle of no. 2 engine and left slider switch can do the same.

Aurora A9 - Trim Twin EP Motors. Similar, simply plug throttle servos in as indicated for ESC> and set "RS" in lieu of "RT"

Regards
Alan T.
Old Aug 09, 2010, 05:14 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,810 Posts
Again, Please start a new thread for every new question.

This thread is maintained to keep post #1 upto date with a selection of information contained in one post for ease of reference by viewers.

New questions submitted as separate posts in the main Hitec/Multiplex USA forum will stand out and thus be better answered by the wider Hitec Team knowledge base.

Thank you
Alan T.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:27 PM
Winnipeg, Canada
Joined Jul 2006
92 Posts
Full Flaps fn BFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcbflyer View Post
FCB....You have described the way I like to have a full house glider set up re flaps. It can be done but Hitec decrees that thou shall operate flaps on left slider. I have set mine up the way you describe (it can be done). Do the basic a/c set up ie 2ail, 2flp. Now go to channel menu and change flp and flp2 from LS to J3. Unfortunately this confuses (bugs) some of the other flap mixes but you can now work through Bfly and flap travels so that J3 operates flaps full time and flaps and ailerons in BFly. I used a multi point P mix for flap elevator mix. Can send you the program for my vtail Tsunami if needed.
EK
ekletke is offline Find More Posts by ekletke
Old Aug 15, 2010, 06:44 PM
Pants on the ground
exit 26 Jersey
Joined Jul 2007
6,220 Posts
Subscribed
xsubsailor is offline Find More Posts by xsubsailor
Old Sep 19, 2010, 01:08 PM
France,Paris
Joined Sep 2010
18 Posts
Bfly

I think I am ok now with BFly programming on a glider with 2 flaps and 2 ailerons. I assign the BFly to a flight condition "landing" selected by switch G and a linear throttle stick. Flaps are then lowered and the ailerons go up at the same time.

I would like now to have the flaps lowered during the first half of the stick travel and then only the ailerons going up during the second half of the stick course.

Do you know how I can do that?

Thank for your help.
Pavillon is offline Find More Posts by Pavillon
Old Sep 19, 2010, 03:02 PM
Sloping the Financial Cliff
USA, CA, Santee
Joined Oct 2007
2,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavillon View Post
I think I am ok now with BFly programming on a glider with 2 flaps and 2 ailerons. I assign the BFly to a flight condition "landing" selected by switch G and a linear throttle stick. Flaps are then lowered and the ailerons go up at the same time.

I would like now to have the flaps lowered during the first half of the stick travel and then only the ailerons going up during the second half of the stick course.

Do you know how I can do that?

Thank for your help.
You could use the programmable mixes 5/6/7 i think where you can program a point curve to do this.
fcbflyer is offline Find More Posts by fcbflyer