HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2009, 11:54 AM
Joined Jun 2005
1,025 Posts
Discussion
Tailrotor vs Anti-Torque Vanes: which is more efficient?

Hello everyone, I would like to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the two different types of anti torque.

These are:

-First one that is found in most vtols: simple anti torque airfoil vanes., they are simple to build and can be made light.

-Second one is the tail prop/rotor. not many vtols are using them but they still are used once in a while. they will produce enough torque! but may be a bit more complicated and draw more power?

The question here is, which way is the most efficient, which way is the one simply put draws less current? Vanes seems to be Power Eaters compared to tail devices but the tail rotors are heavy. or wait.. do the tail rotor pulls more amps?

(this thread should be removed from where I originally posted by mistake in Electrical combat forum but still it isnt moved so I posted it here)

Kalle
Sky-walker is offline Find More Posts by Sky-walker
to remove ads between posts