HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 10, 2009, 02:50 PM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
New Product
Silverlet Sopwith Camel Pictures, Pre flight

I received my Little Silverlit Sopwith Camel, it came pretty beat up but a few min. with the wifes hair drier had it back into flying condition. The Plane is made from foam very rubbery and durable. The motor is very powerfull swinging the 80mm prop. ROG on my carpet was, effortlessly and very fast. The TX has the normal on /off and chanel selection switch A,B,C and is 27Mhz I ended up with the Ch A plane. The TX also has a trim Knob I was able to wind the knob continously there are no stop points. I took the TX apart to remove the throttle spring and found the trim knob is not a Pot, it's a wiper switch. the instructions say it will adjust the rudder for straight flight will have to see about that.

The plane sings a tune when powered on but the Actuator seems to be Bang Bang or possible 3 step will see about that also in flight. The good news is the motor is full proportional except for the first step I was able to vary the throttle without stepping up or down. The Plane weight was 21.5 Grams it comes with a spare Prop rudder and 2 prop saver bands. Will give a full flight report tomorrow and hopefuly some video. Here are some Pic's of the plane

Doom
epicdoom is offline Find More Posts by epicdoom
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2009, 06:24 PM
Joined Feb 2008
1,472 Posts
UBI-pe?

.....Any indication of motor size?
airfoil'd is offline Find More Posts by airfoil'd
Old Nov 10, 2009, 06:28 PM
Joined Aug 2009
50 Posts
How much did you pay for it?
Bloh is offline Find More Posts by Bloh
Old Nov 10, 2009, 06:29 PM
Yea..When mowers fly!
The White House?
Joined Apr 2008
1,574 Posts
That Tx is a monster, looks huge.
I definately like this plane alot better than the UBI though.
Being a bipe, landing gear, and the cylindrical fuse with pretty cool radial engine is a nice touch.
I'd guess around $30 for it ehh?
Jay-viator is offline Find More Posts by Jay-viator
Old Nov 10, 2009, 07:01 PM
Joined Mar 2008
521 Posts
Looks cool iv seen it before but have not heared a flight report on it . Cant wait for you to give us your thorts on its flight handling.

I found this hope you dont mind me posting this on your thread Mr Epicdoom ?

Product Dimensions: Wingspan 275mm (11"). Length 225mm (9")
Product Weight: 23g including rechargeable Flight Battery.
Flight Battery: 3.7v 2.0w 50mAh Lithium Polymer Pack.
Charger: Integral Field Charger/Transmitter.
Charging Time: 20-30 minutes for full charge. Intelligent charger incorporates LED charging indicator & auto shut off facility when battery is charged.
Flight Duration: 10-15 minutes. Plane will maintain height on low throttle.
Batteries Required: 6 x 1.5v AA Alkaline Batteries for Transmitter/Charger.
R/C Specification: Supplied completely assembled ready to fly, with pre-installed 2 Channel Digital Radio Control.
Steer the model using rudder control by simply moving the transmitter stick left or right, with proportional throttle for climb or descent. Fly indoors in a large hall, or outside in calm conditions.
Lightweight laminated foam construction, with injection moulded wheels and struts.
Range: Up to 100m (300ft). Frequency: 27MHz. Split frequencies allow up to three different coloured models to be flown together on Bands A, B & C.
Instruction Manual: Provides helpful hints & tips for the new or experienced pilot.
X-TWIN CLASSIC SOPWITH CAMEL 30euros BEAUTIFULL MODEL (0 min 51 sec)
richos is offline Find More Posts by richos
Old Nov 10, 2009, 07:11 PM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
the TX isnt that big Maybe the size of the jetscream TX I'd say. I bought it from wonderlandmodels in the UK it was $50 US to buy and ship here to Maryland. I flew it through the house today it took off from my hand and climbed to the celing like a rocket.
Air No size on the motor yet I'm not willing to take it apart just yet what ever motor is in there tho is powerfull It for sure has more power then the UBI did atleast the 2 I had. Will fly it and get some range checks in the morning I hope it does well but if not the guts will make something nice so long as the range is good.

Doom
Last edited by epicdoom; Nov 11, 2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 10:48 AM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
No fly time as it's raining here in Maryland, today and possibly tomorrow as well. I tried to get an oppertunity in but it just wouldn't let up today.

Doom
Old Nov 11, 2009, 11:15 AM
AAces High
United States, VA, Midlothian
Joined Feb 2009
2,070 Posts
Looks much better than in the email you sent me Joe. Did you get that prop unmangled too? I hope they do you a solid and refund you or give you another plane. That thing was looking pretty sad.

Good luck with her Bro! Hoping for a weather break here too. That hurricane weather is zipping through here.

Nest payday I'm ordering the Blue/gray one.

Dave
aeronaught is offline Find More Posts by aeronaught
Old Nov 11, 2009, 11:15 AM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,444 Posts
is this homemade?
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Nov 11, 2009, 01:04 PM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
Hey Dave yeah that hurricane is messing up everything for me lol The good news is it's giving me some build time. I finnaly built my little plantraco Micro Scout and P51 Racer. I may even get the time to build my Mini Slowstick.
I talked with wonderlandmodels about replacement of the plane I did manage to fix the prop and wings on it. Wonderland is willing to replace the plane and reimburse me the shipping back to them. I figured I'd fix it and see if it flies first if it does I'll just keep it. They were pretty nice about it so I figured I'd do what I could on my end and save them some headache. I did tell them the next order I place better be packaged better than just a plain brown Paper wrapping.

Microflightdude it's purchased from the UK brother. wasn't cheap tho with plane and shipping it was $50 US Here is a link
http://www.wonderlandmodels.com/prod...sopwith-camel/

Doom
Old Nov 11, 2009, 01:27 PM
AAces High
Joined Feb 2009
2,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicdoom View Post
Hey Dave yeah that hurricane is messing up everything for me lol The good news is it's giving me some build time. I finnaly built my little plantraco Micro Scout and P51 Racer. I may even get the time to build my Mini Slowstick.
I talked with wonderlandmodels about replacement of the plane I did manage to fix the prop and wings on it. Wonderland is willing to replace the plane and reimburse me the shipping back to them. I figured I'd fix it and see if it flies first if it does I'll just keep it. They were pretty nice about it so I figured I'd do what I could on my end and save them some headache. I did tell them the next order I place better be packaged better than just a plain brown Paper wrapping.

Microflightdude it's purchased from the UK brother. wasn't cheap tho with plane and shipping it was $50 US Here is a link
http://www.wonderlandmodels.com/prod...sopwith-camel/

Doom
LOL I have that link in my To Buy Faves folder. I think I may invest in some Plantraco gear myself. Which Tx./Rx battery and motor kit would be best?
Cant wait to see that Stick. I was thinking about a full sized one a while back. I bet the P-51 will be super too. Man you've been a building fool! I've been sitting at my bench and just staring at everything. Ugghh. I have to get my BD-5 done. It won't be so bad once I get the templates finished. Gotta crack the whip and get busy cuz as soon as the weather breaks I'll be flying my big planes again. My MSC's, SE5a and Sopwith Pup which needs a maiden.

Keep on truckin Bro and post those planes when you get them ready!

Dave
Old Nov 11, 2009, 03:04 PM
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Joined Jul 2007
1,013 Posts
Excuse the OT, but 'Mini-slowstick'?

Jay
Faethor is offline Find More Posts by Faethor
Old Nov 11, 2009, 03:36 PM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
Dave it depends on what size plane you wanna build let me know in PM or email I'll link you some items to pick up

Faethor the Mini Slowstick was a plane DWE had out a bunch of years ago it looks like the GWS slowstick but only 12 -14 inch WS here is a picture of the components

Doom
Old Nov 11, 2009, 06:43 PM
AAces High
Joined Feb 2009
2,070 Posts
Looks like it's gonna be cool Joe! Can't wait to see it in one piece! Did you build your own acts?
Old Nov 11, 2009, 07:03 PM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reset3x View Post
Did you build your own acts?
Not for this plane I do for the 1/72 and 1/48 scale and a few others, but only because to buy them is pretty expensive with shipping. For the actuators pictured its easier to buy them then to try and get homemade ones working 100% without any binding. If the coils burn out I'll re make those for sure but the mechanical parts are easier to just buy them.

Doom