HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 09, 2009, 07:19 PM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
Yippee!
1/72 P51 custom New Pic's And Videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok couldn't help myself I installed the gear on my P51 custom paint plane
Plantraco RX
Plantraco 4mm corless motor with 32mm prop
Homemade act 3mm 75 ohm
AUW 2.9 grams
WS 6.25"
Thats some fast use of 2 new RX's I bought and received today, man they go fast. I still need 2 more as I have 2 more planes drawn up ready to print and build. will also do the maiden on this one tomorrow.

Doom
epicdoom is offline Find More Posts by epicdoom
Last edited by epicdoom; Nov 17, 2009 at 12:15 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2009, 07:33 PM
Like a Boss
Canada, BC, Whistler
Joined Jun 2006
2,130 Posts
Another nice plane, nice job doom! i like how you named it... its a good name for a p-51D
Heliman420 is online now Find More Posts by Heliman420
Old Nov 09, 2009, 07:37 PM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
HEHE thanx Heli I was thinking the same thing this one glides so nicely just like the Zero did on glide tests I hope it flies half as good I'd be happy

Doom
Old Nov 09, 2009, 07:37 PM
RIP Sheba :(
Brentwood, CA
Joined Nov 2002
1,123 Posts
Hey, great idea using the Plantraco Tx gimbals as a balance tool.

Doom, you're on a roll! Good work.

Rob
Robster is online now Find More Posts by Robster
Old Nov 09, 2009, 07:53 PM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
Thanx Rob I Actually cant wait to complete these profiles so I can get started on the full fuse planes.

Doom
Old Nov 09, 2009, 08:05 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Looks good Joe.
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Old Nov 09, 2009, 08:13 PM
AAces High
United States, VA, Midlothian
Joined Feb 2009
2,041 Posts
Another Gem by the Doomster!! You get two cookies.

Great job Joe!!

Dave
aeronaught is offline Find More Posts by aeronaught
Old Nov 09, 2009, 11:07 PM
Fly, dangit!!!
Little Rock, AR USA
Joined Jan 2007
1,049 Posts
Doom - I feel I have to join in with the chorus here too, another neat little plane!

p.s. When you do feel the need to start some full fuse planes, I have a surprise for you.

J. B.
Led Zepplin is offline Find More Posts by Led Zepplin
Old Nov 10, 2009, 12:16 AM
Mc-Fly
Melbourne-Australia
Joined Mar 2008
1,108 Posts
Was just about to say that Full Fuse is your next step Doom...

Good luck with the Maiden with this one, she looks great!

Are you using Ink Aid with the foam printing?
Veteran is offline Find More Posts by Veteran
Old Nov 10, 2009, 12:17 PM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
Well the maiden on this little bird didnt go so well today. It did fly for about 30 seconds before plunging into the ground. I tried everything I know to keep this plane in the air in the end the airframe is a total loss I have to rebuild and will do so tonight so I can fly it tomorrow this one showed no prommis of flight other then it's first 30 second flight to the ground. I think the new one will have more wing incidence and I'll roll the leading edge a bit lower then the orig.

Led I'm getting closer to my Full fuse plane builds. I have built the spit I love gliding it throught the house with clay on the nose glides real nice.

Vet I am using Inkaid on the durabatics foam to print onto

Doom
Old Nov 10, 2009, 02:23 PM
Mc-Fly
Melbourne-Australia
Joined Mar 2008
1,108 Posts
In the pics you posted it looks like your trailing edge is getting way too much air maybe try sliding the wing forward just a smidge
Veteran is offline Find More Posts by Veteran
Old Nov 10, 2009, 06:05 PM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
Yep Did just that on the new one. I got everything installed ready for tomorrow. Will see how it goes Also moved the COG slightly forward rather than being on the mark slight forward is more forgiving but wont glide as long to landings no matter I'll make sure to land this one on the grass.

Doom
Old Nov 11, 2009, 09:48 AM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
No fly time as it's raining here in Maryland, today and possibly tomorrow as well. I tried to get an oppertunity in but it just wouldn't let up today. It is however flying through my house under power very nicely. So it's looking better than yesterdays attempts.

Doom
Old Nov 11, 2009, 12:33 PM
Storm Runner guy
USA, OK, Muskogee
Joined Nov 2008
3,581 Posts
Quote:
It is however flying through my house under power very nicely
I smile every time I read something like that

Been mucking about with fuller fuses myself recently. Of huge use to such aircraft has been the use of cocktail sticks. Especially between wing and tail in the fuse. The strength increase is many fold (without the plane folding!). As you know, the bend or break of that mid section will be found to be at the weakest point, if you make sure the stick goes inward of both end point locations then the whole area is massively strenthened. Weight cost is so tiny too.
Slider2732 is offline Find More Posts by Slider2732
Old Nov 11, 2009, 01:39 PM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
Slider the fuse on my planes is the strongest point I tripple laminate them meaning there are 3 Pieces to the fuse Doing just 2 was for sure flimsy. I sand the durabatics down from .025 to .018 thick. I print 2 fuses right and left and the 3rd is between these 2 it gets no ink and is scrap cut off from sheet sizing to fit my printer. I glue them up with UHU Por and use a 10LB chunck of aluminum Pressing down on them to insure they stay straight. Once Dry I trim off the glue that squeezed out usualy there isn't any as I use a straight edge to apply it let it tack and then put the parts togeather. They are strong enought to take a good beating. I know I nosed this little plane into the ground about 15 times before the nose wouldn't hold in place anymore.