HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 30, 2003, 10:22 AM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,607 Posts
3rd Annual WW I & II Electric Fun Fly 7/12 & 13 at Modesto reservoir

The Modesto Radio Control Club will be holding their 3rd Annual World War I and II electric fun fly on Saturday, July 12 and Sunday July 13th at the Modesto Reservoir which is on highway 132 about 22 miles east of Modesto, five miles east of Waterford. If you don't fly scale electric warbirds don't let the title of our event keep you away as half the time is open for any AMA legal electric to fly. In the morning from 8:00 to 12:00 we have 15 minutes at the top of every hour for World War I scale and semi scale planes to fly. At the quarter hour and at 45 minutes past we have open flying sessions for any AMA legal electric. At the half hour we have fifteen minutes for WW II planes to take over the skies. In the past we have had all types of planes flying in the open sessions including 3D flying.

At 10:15 there will be a flight of the Tiger Moth Squadron when we hope to get a lot of GWS Tiger Moths up in the air and see if we can get them into formation. On both days at 1:00 there will be a limbo event for any type of electric R/C plane and following that there will be an All Up Last Down event with motor runs limited to thirty seconds. Lunch will be sold on site both days. There is a park entrance of $5.00-6.00 per car or truck. Pilot entrance fee to our club is $10.00 (One fee whether you fly one day or both.) and you must show your AMA card to fly at the park. Camping is available. There will be a raffle and prizes are starting to come in and more are anticipated. Sponsors so far include: Quiet Flyer magazine, Hobby Lobby, Astroflight, Foam Floats, Manta Planes, High Torque (brushless) motors, SR Batteries and SIG.
There will be demonstrations as part of the noon hour by Manta Planes and High Torque motors. There will also be a bombing drop contest during the lunch hour.
Foam Floats will have a demo during an open flying session. After the ALL UP LAST DOWN event it will be open flying for the rest of the afternoon. The field will be open for flying on Friday as well. For those that want to camp at the site camping is available in improved camping sites on the other side of the reservoir.
Registration is at the event. Tiger Moth Squadron and All Up Last Down is limited to one person per frequency and the first to request a given frequency is given it. For that reason only per request advance registration can be done to secure your frequency.

On Sunday only pilots vote for Pilots choice in WWI and WWII class planes and Open class (Non WW I or II) plane. Voting will be at the end of the lunch hour with a runway line-up. Winners get an award and raffle tickets and will be announced after the Limbo event.

Our runway is a dirt runway that is forty feet wide and will be about 300 feet long when we finish reclaiming it from the wild grasses this spring. It is being expanded to the north by about 50 feet over last years runway.

Any questions contact me, Mike Heer the CD via PM or e-mail. We will have some shade shelters up to share.
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Michael Heer; May 15, 2003 at 12:06 PM.
to remove ads between posts