HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 09, 2009, 03:42 PM
St. Louis, Mo.
Joined Jun 2008
394 Posts
Discussion
Should I buy an Aquacraft Supervee 27?

Just recently got into RC boats and own a 32" catamaran. More of a toy than a real speed boat. Anyway, I am hooked and am looking to purchase a decent speed boat. I am looking at an Aquacraft Supervee 27. Have seen videos and am blown away at the speed of this boat. Pros and cons on purchasing this boat. Appreciate any input.
rwek is offline Find More Posts by rwek
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2009, 04:09 AM
Joined Oct 2009
2 Posts
I have two of these and really love them. I run them both on Lipos and have a ball with them. Well worth it. A little bit to set them up and get them running perfect but great fun.
ChaKane is offline Find More Posts by ChaKane
Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:53 AM
Seattle
Joined Feb 2006
930 Posts
We race them as a stock class using LiPo power and they are a fun little boat. They get my recommendation and there are plenty of options for upgrade if you want even more speed.
cyberhoops is offline Find More Posts by cyberhoops
Old Nov 10, 2009, 04:03 PM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Apr 2009
875 Posts
Its a very good choice for sure.If you want a cat lookup for a Proboat BJ26.Both are excellent for beginners(like me!!!...lol).And both can be easily upgraded for faster speeds and handling..........let us know what you do,.....good luck!!
karfrik is offline Find More Posts by karfrik
Old Nov 11, 2009, 06:53 PM
PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2008
457 Posts
NO WAY i took mine back, if you want a descent boat from aquacraft get the UL1 for a little extra dosh, u will be pleased from something just out of the box...... SV27 wouldn't come close to the UL1
ferral is offline Find More Posts by ferral
Old Nov 12, 2009, 04:03 PM
St. Louis, Mo.
Joined Jun 2008
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferral View Post
NO WAY i took mine back, if you want a descent boat from aquacraft get the UL1 for a little extra dosh, u will be pleased from something just out of the box...... SV27 wouldn't come close to the UL1
What was the problem with your boat that you took it back?
Old Nov 12, 2009, 06:43 PM
I didn't have to use my AK
United States, NC, Etowah
Joined Nov 2007
365 Posts
No Never don't!, If it must be from AQ get a UL! The SV is a very fun boat and it is tough enough to get by with, the UL-1 is so much faster! I kind of out grew the SV very fast. ( the local pond can be a pissing contest!)
avoidingexpert is offline Find More Posts by avoidingexpert
Old Nov 13, 2009, 03:43 AM
St. Louis, Mo.
Joined Jun 2008
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by avoidingexpert View Post
No Never don't!, If it must be from AQ get a UL! The SV is a very fun boat and it is tough enough to get by with, the UL-1 is so much faster! I kind of out grew the SV very fast. ( the local pond can be a pissing contest!)
I must say that after looking at some videos of the UL1, it is very impressive.
What batteries are you using in yours? Good looking boat. Do you think this is a good choice for a second boat? Keep in mind that the first was a cheap cat.
Old Nov 13, 2009, 03:56 AM
PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2008
457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwek View Post
What was the problem with your boat that you took it back?
There was that many thing's wrong about it,( eg, cracks in the hull, water-cooling wasn't working and etc,etc, so i simply got my money back, and purchased a blackjack26,and never had prob's with it..

Blackjack 26 brushless ( FERAL ) (2 min 9 sec)
Old Nov 13, 2009, 04:35 AM
St. Louis, Mo.
Joined Jun 2008
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by avoidingexpert View Post
I must say that after looking at some videos of the UL1, it is very impressive.
What batteries are you using in yours? Good looking boat. Do you think this is a good choice for a second boat? Keep in mind that the first was a cheap cat.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 12:28 PM
Joined Mar 2007
48 Posts
sv 27 getting old

I have had my super v 27 for about four years now. It has a 11L motor and 80 amp baracuda esc and I run it with a single 3 cell 3000 mah on the inside.It still goes about 36 mph and is very reliable. Using two six packs makes this boat fast but too heavy as the motor and esc burn up when used wfo all the time. I like to go fast and this is the boat to do it with. Warren

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwek View Post
Just recently got into RC boats and own a 32" catamaran. More of a toy than a real speed boat. Anyway, I am hooked and am looking to purchase a decent speed boat. I am looking at an Aquacraft Supervee 27. Have seen videos and am blown away at the speed of this boat. Pros and cons on purchasing this boat. Appreciate any input.
warren hulbert is offline Find More Posts by warren hulbert
Old Nov 28, 2009, 05:50 AM
United States, IN, Brownsburg
Joined Apr 2006
980 Posts
I've had a blast with my Supervee too. Not sure why the other don't like theirs. Unless you are running on glass water, a vee is going to be a better all-around hull. If there were quality problems, then yes, by all means get another Supervee by taking yours back. My fiberglass hull was really nice.
HelloScott is offline Find More Posts by HelloScott
Old Dec 02, 2009, 09:30 AM
PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2008
457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloScott View Post
I've had a blast with my Supervee too. Not sure why the other don't like theirs. Unless you are running on glass water, a vee is going to be a better all-around hull. If there were quality problems, then yes, by all means get another Supervee by taking yours back. My fiberglass hull was really nice.

I did.......I went through 6 of them.......had enough and got something else...