HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by rcphreak, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 11:46 AM
Master Chief
Joined Sep 2006
2,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
Hey guys, thinking of ordering this lil fella from http://www.toymonkey.com/shopexd.asp?id=294

I used to have one a little like this but then my toddler got hold of it and pulled it to bits, still don't know where the left track is and it's been a year so I think it's tIme for a new micro tank.
Hi
Nice looking tank
Heres a few of mine
Take care
Hank
shin is offline Find More Posts by shin
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2010, 05:24 AM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,692 Posts
Hey Shin, remember I said "I have a Hummer like that somewhere" I found it!

It's been in a box under my bed for about 6 or 7 years, It runs on two N size (2/3 length AAA) size batteries, this is probably why it went into storage, I have a cunning plan.....

Here I have it running on a 50mAh Picooz LiPo,

I have a couple of 420mAh cells that I found are two heavy for upgrading my S026 chinook, but they are the perfect size it fit the Hummer, I'll post a video when done.

Oh, I have two of these Hummers' the other one has a PCB fault, steering and transmision are still good, I'm gonna upgade with a fully proportional 27Mhz Rx, standard size is the same as the stock on/off PCB so a mini will easily fit. I'll also use a couple of constant rotation mod servo PCB, one for the steering coil and the second as a speed controller for the rear wheels.
For power it will have two 150mAh LiPo regulated down to 5V at 40% more power it should be really speedy.
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Aug 24, 2010, 08:15 AM
Master Chief
Joined Sep 2006
2,279 Posts
Quote:
Hey Shin, remember I said "I have a Hummer like that somewhere" I found it!

It's been in a box under my bed for about 6 or 7 years, It runs on two N size (2/3 length AAA) size batteries, this is probably why it went into storage, I have a cunning plan.....

Here I have it running on a 50mAh Picooz LiPo,

I have a couple of 420mAh cells that I found are two heavy for upgrading my S026 chinook, but they are the perfect size it fit the Hummer, I'll post a video when done.

Oh, I have two of these Hummers' the other one has a PCB fault, steering and transmision are still good, I'm gonna upgade with a fully proportional 27Mhz Rx, standard size is the same as the stock on/off PCB so a mini will easily fit. I'll also use a couple of constant rotation mod servo PCB, one for the steering coil and the second as a speed controller for the rear wheels.
For power it will have two 150mAh LiPo regulated down to 5V at 40% more power it should be really speedy.
Hi
Cool
Heres my newest Hummer needs a total upgrade as i found this one in the dumpster
Sorry shes not a micro 1/10 scale i think
Take care
Hank
Old Aug 24, 2010, 02:18 PM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,692 Posts
3V Micro RC to LiPo conversion

I think I bought this lil guy about 8 years ago from a shop called "bug" that used to be in Piccadilly train station, it ran on 2 N SIZE batteries, 2/3AAA size, when they ran out I just boxed it and forgot about it up till I found this thread and thought I would have a go at giving it a LiPo upgrade and all things concidered it turned out really well! the hardest part was removing the obsolete battery terminals and plastic battery divider.

Cell fitting snuggly where the 2 "N SIZE" used to live, the battery door should still fit.

You can see the one set of terminals are still in place in this photo,
they were removed when I added the charging socket.

On charge from a S026 charger, this cell was happy charging from this when in the S026

PicooZ charge plug adaptor, the stock S.P.D.T. on/off switch moves the cell from PCB to Charge

The 420mAh LiPo I fitted takes about 60-70mins from a S026 wall charger, I've been running it for about 15mins and it's only dropped down to 3.8V from 4.1V, I'll post the run time once I have long enough to run it down to 3.2V.

here's a video for your amusement....

8yr old micro rc LiPo upgrade (1 min 59 sec)

It's nippy, I may have to look under the fridge to see if my micro Veyron is there, who would win, the 3.7V Monster Hummer or the light and agile 1.2V Veyron?

I can almost imagin doing this again in another 8 years when Carbon nano-tube research has finally boosted a LiPo output by 10 times, I dont wnat to think how long this would run for on a 4200mAh Cell!
Old Aug 24, 2010, 02:24 PM
Master Chief
Joined Sep 2006
2,279 Posts
Quote:
I think I bought this lil guy about 8 years ago from a shop called "bug" that used to be in Piccadilly train station, it ran on 2 N SIZE batteries, 2/3AAA size, when they ran out I just boxed it and forgot about it up till I found this thread and thought I would have a go at giving it a LiPo upgrade and all things concidered it turned out really well! the hardest part was removing the obsolete battery terminals and plastic battery divider.

Cell fitting snuggly where the 2 "N SIZE" used to live, the battery door should still fit.

You can see the one set of terminals are still in place in this photo,
they were removed when I added the charging socket.

On charge from a S026 charger, this cell was happy charging from this when in the S026

PicooZ charge plug adaptor, the stock S.P.D.T. on/off switch moves the cell from PCB to Charge

The 420mAh LiPo I fitted takes about 60-70mins from a S026 wall charger, I've been running it for about 15mins and it's only dropped down to 3.8V from 4.1V, I'll post the run time once I have long enough to run it down to 3.2V.

here's a video for your amusement....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VABAcfkmM0Y
It's nippy, I may have to look under the fridge to see if my micro Veyron is there, who would win, the 3.7V Monster Hummer or the light and agile 1.2V Veyron?

I can almost imagin doing this again in another 8 years when Carbon nano-tube research has finally boosted a LiPo output by 10 times, I dont wnat to think how long this would run for on a 4200mAh Cell!
Hi DJ
Outstanding, thats simply marvelous
Thanks ever so much for the video
Take care
Hank
Old Aug 25, 2010, 01:52 PM
USA, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Aug 2008
3,416 Posts
i need to post a pic of my micro t soon, i am working on a sandrail shell for it, not sure when i'll be done, but soon hopefully.
jettrooper02 is offline Find More Posts by jettrooper02
Old Aug 25, 2010, 03:46 PM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,692 Posts
Sounds interesting, what are you making it out of? Brass rod soldered together?
Old Aug 25, 2010, 06:20 PM
USA, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Aug 2008
3,416 Posts
i used a coat hanger. of course today when i went to solder it it didn't wan't to work well, i could of done if i kept trying, but the only way i would of succeeded was if i had a way to heat up a big pool of solder to stick it in and then let dry around the parts. but i didn't have that. so no work for a little while, the weekend will be the best time i have for it, since then i can use a torch and aluminum solder.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 07:50 PM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,692 Posts
Brass rod is quite stiff and easy to solder from what I have heard, looked up sandrail on google after you 1st post, they look interesting I found a micro sandrail on here somewhere, I'll link it when I find it again.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 09:03 AM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,692 Posts
420mAh micro Hummer multimeter readings

Hi guys, the battery is finaly dead! over the course of 4 drives it feels like about 45-60mins drivetime.

Word is you should never run a LiPo under 20% capacity, 420 - 80% = 332mAh, I read it's current draw using a multimeter, of cousre this was with it upside down so with there being no "load" or friction on the drive wheels I know the "ture" reading will be higher

32.9mAh standy still

90.0mAh drive, no turn (inc 32.9mah)
190.0mah turn ,no drive (inc 32.9mah)

So if i drove it in a non-stop circle, the total draw would be 214.2mAh and it should last an hour and a half!

Of course all the handbrake turns, "J" turns, starts and stop will take more power than a straight line, so I think it is about 45 mins from a 420Mah, I may try downgrading to 150mAh to take off a lil more weight and see what fun comes from it then.

Another mod to come!
Since fitting the LiPo I got stuck under the sofa a couple of times and the two outer roof lights snapped off, I have ordered 8 ultrabright white and 2 red 3mm LEDs for 2GBP, 4 white on the roof and 2 red tail lights, Should look really cool, Photos to follow.
Old Sep 01, 2010, 08:57 PM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,692 Posts
ok, now this aint mine, but I SO wish it was....

A 1:87 6 wheel drive rock crawling army truck!
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...96537948FHPvef

I had to show you guys this! it's a photo slideshow with 3 videos at the end.
Old Sep 01, 2010, 09:53 PM
USA, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Aug 2008
3,416 Posts
that is amazing! it takes micro to a whole new level.
Old Sep 02, 2010, 04:27 AM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,692 Posts
Can you believe that was made 7 years ago?!

You can see it is that old from te fact it's running on a 120mAh 4S NiCd pack, with a little nose weight I think it would have made it over almost everything!

A new motor and LED head lights and roof mount floodlights for my Hummer tonight.
Old Sep 03, 2010, 04:41 AM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,692 Posts
Well, no new motor, a little oil and another de-hair sorted it out, made roof lights but two of them blew and I need to replace and re-wire, anyway here is a taster of how it will look when finished......

Here's the album link, Microssault MA-101 Hummer.
Old Sep 03, 2010, 06:12 PM
El terrible
houston tx
Joined Jun 2010
8 Posts
Some pictures of Micro T and some modifications are that all the arms are aluminum and the tires are updated

Name: IMG_2179.jpg
Views: 80
Size: 87.5 KB
Description:

Name: IMG_2205.jpg
Views: 79
Size: 57.6 KB
Description:

Name: IMG_2222.jpg
Views: 88
Size: 127.9 KB
Description:

Name: IMG_2225.jpg
Views: 77
Size: 137.8 KB
Description:

Name: IMG_2232.jpg
Views: 81
Size: 68.1 KB
Description:
1scc is offline Find More Posts by 1scc
Last edited by 1scc; Sep 03, 2010 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Didn't put the right pictures